Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

Ars Longa! They need a fully blinged out twin :biggrin.:

Ars Longa? Noted! :biggrin.: but since one is long and the other is short, maybe a larger Titan? Which brings us to…

Do the WarMaster!

Just Do It. :smile.:

… here! :biggrin.:

im not following the boards too closely these days, has anyone tried a Warmaster? What’s the feedback?

Thank you Bjorn, 

the name is derived from the Latin phrase: “Ars longa, vita brevis” which means “Art is long, life is short”. The latter part of the phrase seemed appropriate… like I’m going to make sure it’s short! :D

im thinking of rebasing all my Titans, so I’ll wait until I have the resources (both cash and time) to do it properly. It’s going to be urban…

the name is derived from the Latin phrase: “Ars longa, vita brevis” which means “Art is long, life is short”.

Thank you for the language lesson.

The latter part of the phrase seemed appropriate… like I’m going to make sure it’s short!

All enemies of the Imperium and the Mechanicus deserve no less than death and damnation.

im thinking of rebasing all my Titans, so I’ll wait until I have the resources (both cash and time) to do it properly. It’s going to be urban…

I thought a forest base would be used, so the Titan's green armor would serve as camouflage. Oh well. Maybe portray the god-machine storming a "Jade Palace", to satisfy us both? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 5 months later...

Coming back after six months or so…

So I got a Warbringer Nemesis for Christmas and thinking of starting a new Legio - any ideas? Anything goes really…

P.S. just my luck, I got my least favourite Titan,,, :D

Loyalist or Traitor?

My vote if you go traitor is Magna. They would be visually distinct from your other two, and I bet you could do a lot with the color scheme.

For loyalist, I’d say either Praesagius or Crucius. Same reasons as above, but also the warbringer really plays into both legio’s background/ play style

Astraman? Very bold Sherrypie, very bold… :D or maybe (if going for blue) Astorum? That also has decals?

But I have to say, I’m strangely drawn to orange… the vibrant Legio Magna vs. the more muted/rusty of Legio Fortidus… Even Legio Oberon, although not a big fan of the black patterns…

I might be biased but I do like Astorum as a painting project. You've got a lot of freedom to paint different designs with flames, astronomical patterns and also stripes and squares if you want. The blue and yellow colour scheme works pretty well.

Have you seen the new rules for Krytos though? They can sub in Warlords and Warbringers into maniples a bit, so that might be a good use of that thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like someone has been busy, in a good way of course.

Couple of my buddies are trying to get me into it and I've even been building a Reaver (good fun too). Now it's a toss up between Mordaxis and Fureans.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

OK - due to Stobz' inspirational posts in this forum, I got motivated... Here's my interpretation of "Hammer of Tyrants" Warlord Titan of Legio Krytos: 

HAMMER OF TYRANTS

WARLORD CLASS TITAN OF LEGIO KRYTOS

IMG_2840.thumb.jpeg.cadad60ea43ea4697039a1f938e0b2ca.jpeg

IMG_2841.thumb.jpeg.6f8a6c99328e396c6e7f1242aee29db0.jpeg

IMG_2842.thumb.jpeg.76f6d33ff4514a08885375e42799d469.jpeg

And for dramatic effect:

image.thumb.jpeg.2b14b7eb8998ae796b6b2c3a6d725360.jpeg

Thank you guys, it’s great to hear from the old guard! Unfortunately I don’t have time to play games, so I must resign to just painting/modelling…

now I have my eyes on a Warmaster Iconoclast… let’s see…

The Warmaster and Iconoclast are massive point sinks in the game to the point that they’re more of a hindrance and an easy target to focus fire than anything else. Model wise, they’re awesome so you should be good Cap. 

I hear you on the gaming front. I haven’t played an actual game of… well anything… in about two years. I’m hoping Legions Imperialis changes that and gets people back into Titanicus as well.