Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

I’m not familiar with washi tape (had to google it) therefore I cannot say for sure what it’s properties are. The masking tape I use is pretty ordinary straight off the shelf of a hobby store. 

the only tip I’d give is to make sure the edges are very well attached to the surface to avoid any paint slipping under it and creating a less-than-sharp edge. :)

I’m not familiar with washi tape (had to google it) therefore I cannot say for sure what it’s properties are. The masking tape I use is pretty ordinary straight off the shelf of a hobby store.

the only tip I’d give is to make sure the edges are very well attached to the surface to avoid any paint slipping under it and creating a less-than-sharp edge. :)

Easiest way to ensure no seeping is to 'seal' the edge of the tape: apply the tape and then apply a thin coat of the masked colour (e.g. paint panel red, mask, paint it red again over the tape) and then paint on your second colour. That way any bleed through will be the colour that is already under the tape, giving you perfect lines every time

• 2 weeks later...

So these are the weapons I chose...

med_gallery_27176_14912_181217.jpeg

And here's the super plasma done:

med_gallery_27176_14912_312410.jpeg med_gallery_27176_14912_333698.jpeg

THERE IS A TON OF WORK!!!!!

EDIT: The coils were done following Fajita's advice - I used Akelian instead... It looks great up close - I hope the pic does it justice...

I know what you mean, these are almost too detailed aren’t they?

I went back and put a touch of white on my coils and then another suuuuuper thinned coat of blue. I like the greenish blue, that’s almost what I did for the final coat.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Damn that is mighty fine work on the weapons. I'm jealous!

Thx man! A lot of work but very rewarding. Painting minis is still the best stress reliever I can think of... :biggrin.:

I know what you mean, these are almost too detailed aren’t they?

I went back and put a touch of white on my coils and then another suuuuuper thinned coat of blue. I like the greenish blue, that’s almost what I did for the final coat.

Are you happy with the result? I’m not touching mine... :tongue.:

@ Fajita: Indeed they would! :lol:

@ Thanks man! :tu:

@ Stobz: When will we see your project log? Can't wait for that! :yes:

Sooo.... Let's assume that someone (let's say a cousin of mine) glued the magnets on the carapace weapons so as to repel instead of attract... Any remedies for that short of super-gluing them? *HE* might be interested... :whistling:

Sooo.... Let's assume that someone (let's say a cousin of mine) glued the magnets on the carapace weapons so as to repel instead of attract... Any remedies for that short of super-gluing them? *HE* might be interested... :whistling:

Which size are the magnets in the carapace weapons? 3mm or 5mm? Super glue I would assume?

One trick is to drill one or several small holes next to the magnet and then insert a thin but strong blade and apply leverage to try to get the magnet out. Depending on how much glue and how deep they are inserted, it ranges from annoying but relatively easy to annoying and hard. Some swearing mandatory of course :biggrin.: