Mendi Warrior's Adeptus Titanicus project log

Mendi Warrior

Having started one today, there's actually pretty much flexibility in the legs after the pegs are cut. Shin armour covers all non-extreme modifications to the ankle area and the knee pistons move freely to humanely natural positions. Groin cables also come in shorter and a bit longer versions, which was neat for all walking poses.

As you put it together is there a way to avoid the huge ugly top plates and have it more naked like the Reaver?

I took pictures with and without the top plates. You can certainly leave them out, spotters have less cover then, or you can probably use some leftovers from Reaver or Warlord titans to try make other top plates.

gallery_116407_14938_19646.jpg

A quick pic of the max angles you can have on the front-back axis (peg removed). Front of the feet is at the right side in the picture. The only constraint there is the top of the piston, imho not a huge difference from the basic position with the peg, but still nice to do.

gallery_116407_14938_16809.jpg

I settled for this pose. There is quite some flexibility at the level of knees and groin.

gallery_116407_14938_42520.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_17124.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_35122.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_7996.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_7910.jpg

This angle is about the max you can go for the lateral pistons joining the upper and lower parts of the leg to be ok, the part with the peg is at the bottom of the slot along the lower part of the leg.

gallery_116407_14938_40929.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_34000.jpg

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Having started one today, there's actually pretty much flexibility in the legs after the pegs are cut. Shin armour covers all non-extreme modifications to the ankle area and the knee pistons move freely to humanely natural positions. Groin cables also come in shorter and a bit longer versions, which was neat for all walking poses.

My findings as well. The only part where flexibility is "low" is the foot imho. The short and long versions of the cables is very nice. It's definitely easier to pose than a Reaver.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

I took pictures with and without the top plates. You can certainly leave them out, spotters have less cover then, or you can probably use some leftovers from Reaver or Warlord titans to try make other top plates.

I don't know, this kit just doesn't appeal to me I guess. I think it looks better with a Warlord head but the torso is too big for Reaver guns and the back end really bothers me.  Your reposing efforts look great, I wish I'd spent that much time on mine :(

I played with magnets :biggrin.: I used 5x1mm, 3x1mm, 2x1mm and 1x1mm.

First, I tackled the legs-torso joint, adding 5x1mm magnets. One inside the pelvis cavity, which I first filled with some styrofoam and a bit of plastic sprue. You just need to ensure you are left with a height of 4mm between the plastic sprue and the top of the pelvis, so you can have 2 1mm thick magnets and accommodate the bottom of the torso as it gets 2mm inside the pelvis.

gallery_116407_14938_3570.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_3249.jpg

I am not decided yet regarding using magnets for the head or simply gluing it in place, so I added a bit of 1mm thick plasticard inside the torso so I could drill and have it easier to glue a magnet should I decide so. Once the carapace is in place, you don't have access to the inside of the torso, so keeping options open.

gallery_116407_14938_40255.jpg

AA-guns emplacements can easily accommodate 5x1mm magnets, so I used 5x1mm ones (also allowing me to replace the AA-guns with something heavier).

gallery_116407_14938_8377.jpg

On the back of the torso are two shells containers, I used 2x1mm and 1x1mm magnets, similarly to what Mandragola did and for the same reason (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353158-mandragola’s-legio-astorum/?p=5479644). The 2x1mm are sufficient. With the 1x1mm magnets I wanted to slightly improve the alignment. When I build another Warbringer, I might just go for 1x1mm magnets as they can be perfectly hidden. Alternatively, I think pinning them in place can also work.

gallery_116407_14938_2263.jpg

My drilling was a bit messy for the 2x1mm magnets, you absolutely need to be dead centered.

gallery_116407_14938_57951.jpg

For the AA-guns and arms weapons, I used 3x1mm magnets. Nothing fancy here, I didn't tried putting magnets at the shoulder joint. I removed the pegs but kept a rather standard positioning of the arms. If you want greater flexibility, it might be best to cut the cables, otherwise they are fairly static.

gallery_116407_14938_82925.jpg

I also started working on the base.

gallery_116407_14938_30579.jpg

And I also assembled some of my imperialis manufactorum stuff.

Going for the short version of the crane, I cut the part hidden inside of the command post. I can use it on a base.

gallery_116407_14938_19690.jpg

I also added a 2mm diameter metal rod to pin the crane in place, still allowing it to rotate. With the shorter version of the crane, the weight is concentrated at the back so this also prevent it from easily falling off its base. With a longer rod, the crane can also be made taller.

gallery_116407_14938_3074.jpg

Nice pose on that Warbringer. I think I'll attempt something similar for my second one, whenever I get round to it. It's near the back of my production queue I think.

The 1x1 magnet is a good idea. I might add a couple to my ammo boxes. I'm not sure what to add in that spot for the bellicosa version but I expect it will need a bit more security than the official version.

Thanks!

I struggled with the 2x1mm magnets, it took me quite a few attempts before being able to insert them nicely. With the 1x1mm magnets I had no problem at all, it worked at the first attempt. Also they hide quite nicely and there are quite a few points where to put them. Really curious to see what the bellicosa version will look like.

Yeah I had trouble with the 2x1s as well. I drilled right through and it was all a bit messy. Didn't lose any magnets inside the magazines though, which I'm pleased about.

I've got a couple of spare bellicosas. If I can be bothered, I'll stick some magnets to one and stick it on a Warbringer.

What did you cut out of the crane? What are the other pieces for?

Eventually, I only cut out the underside peg. I actually meant to keep it and initially drilled a 2mm diameter hole right in its centre, then inserted the metal rod, applied pressure on it, too much pressure … so it completely disappeared into the crane. As a result I cut out the plastic around the rod, retrieved the rod and glued it in the crane's base. If you have the instructions' booklet, the base is step 3, the crane fully extended is step 8 and the non-extended version is step 11.

I made a bit of progress with my manufactorum terrain. I mixed these with some other stuff I had set aside, coming from Nutella and honey packs. The cap used as landing pad comes from Nutella, I just added carboard on top of it to cover the brand. The golden caps and the white thing come from the honey packaging. I also used foamboard and floor/roof components from the civitas imperialis set. The set is quite versatile and some of the bits can be used for other systems as well. E.g. the extended generators would not be out of place as Necromunda or traditional 40K scenery. Some of the tops can be used for Battlefleet Gothic.

gallery_116407_14938_38563.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_92467.jpg

Thanks guys!

Painting is absolutely required otherwise I'll be transformed into a servitor :biggrin.: My target for March is to paint stuff, hopefully a lot, at the very least the equivalent of 3 boxes of civitas imperialis. We'll see.

More progress on the generatorium

gallery_116407_14938_20185.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_31625.jpg

I did post a little teaser recently, showing only very partial shots of the following building, now it is time to show a bit more. Enjoy my take on the Shrine of the Aquila building (still a few bits to add here and there and then paint it) and another one as well.

gallery_116407_14938_38998.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_62719.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_5817.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_41122.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_16452.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_61479.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_23751.jpg

gallery_116407_14938_18507.jpg