After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

This has thrown my plans up in the air! I was originally planning on creating a chaos force that still wore the sons of horus colours called the reborn sons, worshipping horus as a god and seeing his rebirth (even as a clone a miracle). Hating abaddon and the black legion for taking their god father away from them a second time and swearing vengeance and vendetta apon them.

However with this absolutely stunning model now revealed I might just need to start a straight up Black legion force.

You can always use the "Horus" face, and paint him up in original colors saying he's a clone they've outfitted to lead their force. That way you're able to use the awesome model. 

This has thrown my plans up in the air! I was originally planning on creating a chaos force that still wore the sons of horus colours called the reborn sons, worshipping horus as a god and seeing his rebirth (even as a clone a miracle). Hating abaddon and the black legion for taking their god father away from them a second time and swearing vengeance and vendetta apon them.

However with this absolutely stunning model now revealed I might just need to start a straight up Black legion force.

You can always use the "Horus" face, and paint him up in original colors saying he's a clone they've outfitted to lead their force. That way you're able to use the awesome model.

Part of the back story is that the reborn Sons turn to fabius, who they venerate, to bolster their numbers with cloning and their strength with experimentation. Knowing they wouldn't stand a chance against the legion other vise.

This could mabe be a failed experiment.

Switch out the sword, change the claw for some over developed, grotesquely muscles arm. Use as a count as or DP

Fabius Cawl had a clone frozen for 10k.

Now hes back to lead the true sons.

True sons man I like that name.

It's a named warband from the Black Legion supplement. Dont think they are in good terms with Abbadon if they are still alive :D

Fabius Cawl had a clone frozen for 10k.

Now hes back to lead the true sons.

True sons man I like that name.

It's a named warband from the Black Legion supplement. Dont think they are in good terms with Abbadon if they are still alive :D

Ah nice I might need to look them up. Never heard of em before.

Question for the community: anyone here think we will get new plastic possessed other then the greaters? 

I was looking at adding possessed but then I think of the newer marines which will be taller with good poses. If this is retained in the multi-part plastic kit I think that it my be worth getting some current possessed bits and mixing/matching to make some primaris sized possessed.

Saw some conversions for it where they were slapped onto Primaris bodies and they did look real good! 

I don't think we will. I hope we will, but none of the remaining rumour engine/daemon rumour engine pieces are from a possessed kit. Goodwin said in the studio interview that making the GP's had made them want to do the little guys down the path, so perhaps they've already been done, but I'm setting myself up for disappointment here. Worst case scenario is I get a pleasant surprise. Like you, I'll probably convert the new vanilla CSM or just use the FW Gal Vorbak I already own as placeholders.

In the latest Voxcast, it's mentioned that the idea of Greater Possessed left a window open for 'lesser' ones being produced in future. Though bashing your own with Primaris would look great and isn't too difficult either.

So, what are we thinking about the Lord Discordant?

40kLordDiscordant-Mar13-LordDiscordant3h

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/13/chaos-space-marines-focus-the-lord-discordant/

Personally, I'm really digging the model, but I can't use it with my Black Legion army due to my warband's fluff. I've got an allied detachment planned though, he'll probably end up leading some flavor of renegades or the Word Bearers - maybe the Iron Warriors, but the character looks a helluva lot like a Dark Apostle...

Wow! He's pretty. And he would give me an excuse to simultaneously run Deffy the Defiler, Mary the Maulerfiend, 888 the Blood Slaughterer, and BloodLady the Blood Slaughterer.

I'm sure he and his 4 daemon engines would be shot to pieces as they run across the board (this is 8th edition after all). But they'd look pretty. :)

What am I thinking? "IAMEXCITEORHJTG%BIJ#$A%LBIKAJH$N."

Would be an accurate description upon initial viewing. I literally blanked upon first seeing it not realizing that its in fact a CHAOS LORD MOUNTED ON A DAEMON ENGINE. 

I have always been a massive proponent of Daemon Engines in 8th edition, and this bugger just solidified it. 

Anyone for a Daemon Engine artillery battery??? 3 defilers loaded with guns + forgefiends loaded with guns, 3+ to hit stationary, RR1 for hit, RR 1 for wound, 4++ invul save across the table. Lots of wounds and lots of regen backed up by a couple warpsmiths to heal the buggers. 

Hilarious. Though A better use would be 3x mauler 3x crawler or defiler and roll them up the table with this guy and watch havoc ensue. 

Survival is something to keep in mind. It may curtail his use if they make him super useful and powerful BUT he has 10+ wounds? could be an issue. but we shall see!!!! 

I love the model, I'm hopeful that it will make the venomcrawler at least a decent choice, if not other daemon engj es as well. I love the concept of a lord level smith riding one of his creations into battle. Might have to decapitate my warpsmith to transfer the head onto this new model.

Obviously, points cost and final statline will be a deciding factor on it's viability, but in general this model represents exactly the direction I've been hoping gw would take with the non-cult chaos marine line, both aesthetically and thematically, so I couldn't be happier with it.

I don't even care if it's over-cost, now I have no choice but to put my Kytan in future lists. I don't even care if Dark Mech is on any kind of near horizon (I'm confident it's not if, but when; however that when might be a ways off) I think this is just the catalyst I need to start a Dark Mech themed army. There's just too much to work with now not to start doing it. Thank you GW, your timing is perfect. Perhaps a bit sooner than I would have expected or would have liked, but it's still several weeks before it's all actually shipping, so I can work with it. :smile.:

Urge to create... rising!

Ahh, the call of Chaos; a wonderful new kit that looks great and stands perfectly well on its own is shown by GW... and before it's even released people are pondering how they can bash and convert it. Damn, I love this faction.

Archived