After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

The lord discordant! Ill take three!

Absolutely love the model and cant wait to blow the dust off my three defilers and three heldrakes. Its immediately made half my collection viable again. Well played gw.

Three forgefiends + lord discordant... thats alot of back field dakka and counter assault!

Fittings on this set are compatible with much of the Chaos Space Marines and Space Marines ranges, allowing you to go crazy with conversions and head swaps to make your Legion your own. Maybe you’ll mix in Mk III armour to make some Iron Warriors, or stir in parts from a Tactical Squad to make some more recent renegades. Indeed, the diversity within the set is such that you could probably build a Legion of Chaos Space Marines from the kit with each model looking different.

So it sounds like they are not mono pose, but are comparable with previous CSM and SM kits! Life is good!

I take back the not mono pose excitement. Looks like they are mono pose, but the tissue and loincloths have some flexability.

BkLl0TN.jpg

Same legs and torso position, different chest plate and loincloth. Maybe the chest plate is a seperate bit and the stomach cables are part of the legs?

The legs are the only thing that isn't swappable, those are paired A/B just like any of the new kits. 

Means little to nothing given the *ludicrous* amount of parts included. 

So autocannon isn't confirmed in the kit but so far it looks like we have: 

Fist, axe options, im sure a power sword is in there somewhere. 

Plasma/melta/flamer. 

Heavy bolter/missile launcher/ probably auto cannon. 
full 10 sword/pistol

full 10 bolter options as well. 

Insane number of options, this kit might be *the* most packed kit GW has ever produced judging by what were seeing here. INSANE! 

Nice. I'll be able to rebuild my Iron Warriors contingent by kitbashing these guys with some mark 3 parts. I'm guessing the legs won't be in scale? Something has to be off given the new guys are taller.

They're actually the same height, I just checked one of my Mark III dudes compared to one of the Shadowspear marines. The only height difference seems to be is if they're doing the 'Marine Squat'.

They're actually the same height, I just checked one of my Mark III dudes compared to one of the Shadowspear marines. The only height difference seems to be is if they're doing the 'Marine Squat'.

Interesting. I've got got some of the forge world resin mark IIIs that I kit bashed with some old chaos kits, but I didn't know if they'd be in the same scale.

I find the new stuff to be noticeably taller.  Not, like, to a hugely unworkable degree, but still.  They've also got the distinctive shoulder pad shape of the DV chaos marines, which may or may not make you feel weird mixing new models and old models with the old shoulder pads together in the same unit or army.

I'm curious if anyone has spotted new gear or options in the CSM kit?

If you put a clock face over the pic, the guy with the horns at one o'clock has something that looks a little different from melta. Might just be a different look, though.

I'm curious if anyone has spotted new gear or options in the CSM kit?

If you put a clock face over the pic, the guy with the horns at one o'clock has something that looks a little different from melta. Might just be a different look, though.

It looks like a 30k style meltagun (corrupted of course)

betrayal-at-calth-release-9.jpg?w=250&h=

Interesting. I've got got some of the forge world resin mark IIIs that I kit bashed with some old chaos kits, but I didn't know if they'd be in the same scale.

Remember, Forge World's resin models can sometimes have wonky proportions. But, the FW Mark III are compatible with the current GW Mark III and Mark IV.

If you used the Chaos Marine legs on the kitbashes, that will make them a lot shorter than the new guys.

new termies look nice, if not all that terribly different in overall design from the current set.  Notably better posing though, and new-style chaos shoulder pads, which I like.  Not sure if they're better enough to motivate me to replace my current models.

new termies look nice, if not all that terribly different in overall design from the current set.  Notably better posing though, and new-style chaos shoulder pads, which I like.  Not sure if they're better enough to motivate me to replace my current models.

Seeing as I'm still using the old metal ones (on 25mm bases!) these look nice enough that I think I'll finally upgrade to plastic. 

Honestly so far the Terminators have been the only disappointment for me and that's not because they look bad, but because they look so close to the regular ones that I couldn't tell if they were new!

The Termies need rule updates, and I'd hope for a new weapon in the box. Something to replace the Autocannon, or an updated version of a weapon between a plasma cannon and an Autocanon.

I find my chaos lists are very easily pointed to death in toys and Termies are a pretty hard sell for me personally. They'll need more than an extra result in CC via Vigilus. Termies used to be the ultimate CC/Specialized weapon squad waaaay back. Now they are slow, and die a little too easily.

For a few competitive games I was willing to go into Termies for Deathguard, but found with Black Legion I just pulled them out of the list .The 4++ invlun is just so big on top of DR. I really feel all Termies should have it in today's game. Eight is incredibly destructive.

With Cultists losing Legion rules (if true) this will put more pressure on staying on the table with other units. Termies would be great to bring back into the fold. I'd truly love to see it happen as the unit is still one of the most iconic set of models in the 40K universe for me. :wink:

+EDIT+

for the sake of honesty, there is ONE other Termie unit I field in 8th: Deathwatch but that's for a lot of different reasons/rules we'll never see here.

Archived