Seige of Terra series news

I was a little bummed that when The Khan’s profile in the BL book came out and by all the indications of the rules and mathhammer, all caveats regarding that in mind, he wouldn’t really come out on top of Fulgrim.

The Scars have such a badass reputation, I hope they shine in fiction and maybe the future rules to come.

I'm sure Wraight isn't bound by FW rules when writing his WS Siege novel

It will be interesting to see how the Khan's innings with Fulgrim compares to that of his brother Guilliman. Dark Imperium made it abundantly clear that Guilliman's battle against Fulgrim was woefully one sided. Unless Fulgrim does some serious levelling up following the siege i would expect the Khan to struggle every bit as much.

That would depend on how well Daemon Fulgrim matches up against Guilliman versus against the Khan

I think any loyalist Primarch would struggle against Daemon Fulgrim...but varying degrees of struggle

It is always hard to judge the relative powers of the Primarchs since the outcome of any fight tends to be driven by the plot of the story. If Primarch X needs to beat Primarch Y, the story will find a more or less (Wolfsbane) plausible way to achieve that outcome.

Having said that, I think that Ascension must represent a pretty serious power-up to represent temptation to a being like a Primarch. In-universe, there was some debate over whether Angron or Sanguinius was the best fighter 1-on-1. In "Betrayer", we see Guilliman taking on Angron and at least holding his ground for a while. This implies to me that the pre-ascension Primarchs were on similar power levels (possibly with a few outliers like Magnus and Alpharius/Omegon).

As you say, Guilliman's fight against Daemon Fulgrim is virtually a forgone conclusion and Fulgrim gets angry that Guilliman manages to wound him at all. I think that a straight fight between the Khan and Fulgrim would almost always end with the Daemon Primarch victorious. Having said that, "Slaves to Darkness" shows that the Daemon Primarchs are far from undefeatable with planning and strategy. I imagine the Khan would not engage Fulgrim in a straight fight but could find a way outwit or outmanoeuvre him.

Of course we have the case of Corax kicking Lorgar's ascended derrier in "Shadows of the Past" but this implies that he has found his own way to level-up without resorting to Daemonhood.

Khan isn't going to fight Fulgrim on his own. White Scar Terminators and Loyalist Titans are needed to bail Khan out once he is almost losing

Even Warp-Corax in the 42nd Millenium can't last long against some of the Daemon Primarchs on his own (Lorgar isn't the strongest Daemon Primarch)

Khan isn't going to fight Fulgrim on his own. White Scar Terminators and Loyalist Titans are needed to bail Khan out once he is almost losing

Even Warp-Corax in the 42nd Millenium can't last long against some of the Daemon Primarchs on his own (Lorgar isn't the strongest Daemon Primarch)

Give me quotes from books if those are hardfacts or label your headcanons properly.

I think it would be a great time for the Legion of the Damned to make a timely appearance and a certain headless Primarch turning the tide against the demented Fulgrim.

I like that idea. But make that proto-LotD and Ferrus' Spirit part of the wrestle on the Warp side of Terra, where the Emperor tries to hold back the worst effects of the Warp shenanigans the Traitors are trying. Edited by RikuEru

I don't like the idea of ghost head ferrus leading lotd. Personally i always thought it would be better to see ferrus in a sort of king of mars" scenario. (His head returned to mars then hard wired into a heretical construct that backfires MASSIVELY) Doubt that will ever happen though.

He asserts, having no proof whatsoever.

But honestly outside of the four cult primarchs, what are we expecting? Undivided doesn't really seem to be a thing any more in terms of daemon princes, so how strong do we think perturabo, omegon and lorgar get? Who's elevating them, what power do they receive?

It's ambiguous in every sense.

For me what would be great is the Emperor saving the Khan and the Khan knowing his father saved him. Without knowing the timing of the Spaceport attack and when Malcador takes the throne it would just be awesome to me ( and some poetic justice ) if after a long duel Fulgrim goes full demon and starts to win, meanwhile E is freed of the throne and at that moment he senses his son is losing and +duck left+ as Ferrus appears and takes out Fulgrim thus freeing the Khan. The Khan knows in that moment his father saved him and is teleporting to the VS.

He asserts, having no proof whatsoever.

But honestly outside of the four cult primarchs, what are we expecting? Undivided doesn't really seem to be a thing any more in terms of daemon princes, so how strong do we think perturabo, omegon and lorgar get? Who's elevating them, what power do they receive?

It's ambiguous in every sense.

It's Moonreaper, wild assertions is what he does best.

As for the non-Cult Daemon Primarchs, it seems that the Heresy novels seem to be expanding the range of what daemons "are" while still keeping them somewhat aligned, if that makes sense. Take the daemon that possessed Volk, creating the first Obliterator. It's not really a daemon that we'd understand in terms of the Daemons codex, it's not a Bloodthirster, or a Great Unclean One, etc. However, it's still somewhat Khornate in its essence, given that it's the warp-incarnation of the First Weapon.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "Undivided" Primarchs end up getting similar patrons.

The referenced short story is Shadows of the Past from the Sons of the Emperor anthology, but Moonreaper gets several things wrong, as per the usual.

1.) This did not happen in m42, this happened just minutes before Lorgar locked himself in Templum Inficio on Sicarus, from which he supposedly returned only roughly 10 millenia later in m41 (Source: Codex CSM 8th edition), so this must happen sometime around the scouring or shortly afterwards.

2.) Warp-Corax was dominating Lorgar. The whole reason why Lorgar locked himself into the Templum, as we find out in this short story, is in order to flee from Corax (And mind you, Lorgar had already ascended to daemonhood by this point). The short story literally ends with Lorgar locking the door behind him, Corax shouting bloody murder at it, and Marduk standing inbetween all of it with the proverbial soiled breeches after seeing his father getting manhandled like it was Istvann V no. 2: Heretic Bogaloo.

Think the Khan has a better chance than Guiliman due to his "warp" ability of becoming like the wind...thinking of how he takes down the Orks in Warhawk.

This "warp" ability is pretty much what Corax refers to when he's up against Lorgar, along the lines of he now understands what he/they all are and how he is able to use it to his benefit.

I think the Khan has this awareness already, not sure from memory if this has been referred to in print but could see this being expanded on during the siege, possibly a kind of I-told-you-so moment between him with Malcador and the Emperor.

Alternatively,it could be the Emp or Mal telling the loyalists to tap into the warp to boost themselves after being beaten back to the Gate, which Sanguinius and the Khan do

May not have to be a generic "fight". khan taking shots at fulgrim or ramming his jet bike into him may be some form of 1 on 1 "duel".

The deamon primarchs bug the crap outa me though in terms of sheer power levels. Its like they were all captain america's before sucking a warp lemon the all tier up to Thanos level. Leaving the regular primarchs woefully unprepared....unless there are a load of mjolnirs laying around. (Be they worthy)

I just watched the new Siege video with ADB. Ok, I really, really like him. He wanted to kill off Lorgar in a horrible way....they shot him down.

what. that sounds great

any details? i’m not gonna watch the vid

Edited by mc warhammer