Help with my first (titanic) steps

By the Emperor, tackling yellow is my nightmare and I have enormous respect for those who actually attempt anything yellow: from the lowly Imperial Fists Marine to a 40k-scale Legio Fuerans Titan...

I guess it all boils down to how committed you are on a specific Legio. I guess the ultimate test is after you finish your first Titan, will you have the energy to continue or will you be fed up with the scheme...

Either way let us know what you choose, making up your mind is half the fun! :)

There is also Legio Suturvora - their colour scheme is practically Fureans but reversed, black carapaces with flames all over. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fire_Masters they fought Legio Praesagius on Calth :smile.: they get some decent coverage in Honour to the Dead aswell. 

Thank you, that really looks ace! I take this in consideration too!

Fureans is one of those Legios you see in pictures and say, “yeah I want THAT!” and when you go to break out your yellow paint say, “hey Mortis would look cool too...”

:teehee: That is exactly my greatest fear. I've been painting black armor for the most of my hobby part (first a custom made IG regiment, now my HH Iron Hands), but lately I wanted something different. Red titans are out of consideration, as I painted Khador for WM/H for years, and got tired of it too. But in the end, maybe the almighty Abaddon Black paint pot will be the biggest loser in this project :wink:

By the Emperor, tackling yellow is my nightmare and I have enormous respect for those who actually attempt anything yellow: from the lowly Imperial Fists Marine to a 40k-scale Legio Fuerans Titan...

I guess it all boils down to how committed you are on a specific Legio. I guess the ultimate test is after you finish your first Titan, will you have the energy to continue or will you be fed up with the scheme...

Either way let us know what you choose, making up your mind is half the fun! :smile.:

My plans exactly, as soon as I got my first box I will start my own project log here :wink:  I agree with everything you said, yellow is a tricky colour. The end result could look absolutely amazing, or - sadly - very disappointing...

Try yellow primer from Rustoleum or Krylon, that's what I would have done.  I bought a couple of start sets worth of Primaris marines and thought about doing Lamenters to get out of my comfort zone by using that first.  My local Walmart has a ton of $4 paint+primer cans in various colors and I was impressed with the Rustoleum stuff.

My payment seems nowhere near, but who cares :wink: I just hit the order button, and my first two Warhounds are underway. 

The Maniple box seems tempting, but I don't want to start with a big plastic pile...  :biggrin.:

But think of all the glue. 

Warhounds are a great start to be honest - easy to build and magnetise :) and you get two of the little chuffers!

Fureans is one of those Legios you see in pictures and say, “yeah I want THAT!” and when you go to break out your yellow paint say, “hey Mortis would look cool too...”

This accurately sums up most of my painting choices over the years. :blush.: :lol:

Will look forward to seeing whatever you do decide to do, TheDreadfulSagittary! 

Finally, on friday my order arrived with the Warhound box! To be honest, I looked after the box contents for a long time now, and I wasn't expecting any surprise. Nowaday, as I can found unboxings and reviews all over the internet some of the magic is gone with every new release (if I'm not ordering it immediately). I know what I got, and still, after I opened it was like christmas! There are no pictures to be found, or reviews to be watched that gave me the satisfaction after finding the small details, and there are many! I like the two, aesthetically distinct way you could build these little fellows, and that you have all the weapon options for them. 

On the other hand, I never thought that I will be a proud owner of a Titan maniple! These are truly magnificent times!

This weekend wasn't particularly a good one to start working on them, and I still have some unpainted minis on my workdesk (my first 10 SoH Tacticals...).

The question of which one of the Titan Legions to do is still open for debate. I'm not sure even on wether I should do a loyalist or a traitor force. As I want to make a small force of Makabius Knights taking the traitor side would be obvious, but I might change my mind... Or do both? :wink: 

Unfortunately I cannot post any image, as there is always an error message if I try it, and my personal gallery also didn't funcion... :sad.: :sad.: :sad.:  I will eventually start a new project log if this little problem is handled one way or another...

The easiest answer for your choice of legio is to say "do both" :biggrin.:

Maybe best to wait until January which should see the Titandeath expansion released or at least announced (no official date yet if I'm not mistaken).

I also had the same problem with my gallery initially, it was solved quite rapidly. I was about to suggest you post about it in the bug reports section but you have already done so.

As for the pictures, the best is to upload them into your gallery (once it is up and running of course), then once uploaded, open the picture, right click on it, a popup will show, click on "direct link to this image file", the picture then opens, copy the url and insert into your post using the Image icon. That is what works best imho.

Eager to see your progress once the technical side is sorted out

Unfortunately I cannot post any image, as there is always an error message if I try it, and my personal gallery also didn't funcion... :sad.: :sad.: :sad.:  I will eventually start a new project log if this little problem is handled one way or another...

Other hosting options are available. I use Imgur for hosting my pictures. There's a slight learning curve, but it's fairly intuitive overall. It would be a shame for you not to share just because of technology issues.

Have you made any progress with the 'Hounds? They're a really nice kit to start with. The legs are simplicity itself to assemble compared to the poseable legs on the bigger Titans. Looking forward to seeing your take on them.

Hope this helps.

Dallo

Other hosting options are available. I use Imgur for hosting my pictures. There's a slight learning curve, but it's fairly intuitive overall. It would be a shame for you not to share just because of technology issues.

Have you made any progress with the 'Hounds? They're a really nice kit to start with. The legs are simplicity itself to assemble compared to the poseable legs on the bigger Titans. Looking forward to seeing your take on them.

Hope this helps.

Dallo

I'm sorry, that I'm not as active, as before, but my boss made it sure, that I didn't have a merry christmas and a happy new year... :sad.: :sad.: :sad.: This year was tough, but I think the next one will be more tougher, than before.

I tried Imgur too, but wasn't working. Maybe next time, when I try it will work. As the last week was a total mess for me I made no progress. I'm finishing the first 5 SoH Tacticals painting, and will put away the next 5 to start working on the Warhounds. First, I want to wash the sprues a bit, and I will definitely take some pictures and notes on my work, to show it! :smile.:

I finally made my decision and will go full traitor. Maybe later I start an other force, but now my rebellious hearth took over control :smile.:

Sorry to hear about the tough time time at work, but it’s known to happen... especially around the holidays! And the economy is challenging in the Void! ;)

Good to see you’re going Traitor - but still you need to choose a Legio... what’s gonna be?

Also have you resolved the issue with posting pics? Do you need assistance?

Thank you guys! Next year will be a dividing one, and I probably have to choose a new way. So - as my Titans - I will walk the path!!!!

Sorry to hear about the tough time time at work, but it’s known to happen... especially around the holidays! And the economy is challenging in the Void! :wink:

Good to see you’re going Traitor - but still you need to choose a Legio... what’s gonna be?

Also have you resolved the issue with posting pics? Do you need assistance?

Well, Fureans is so tempting, but I never worked with yellow before. Or at least not in this scale... I think I will make a trial run with some armour plates first. I have Averland Sunset and Yriel Yellow here at home, but I will definitely need the yellow gaze paint too. I watched some painting tutorials on WHTV, and it gives a really warm and shiny finish to it - or at least it seems so.

If it turns out to be completely impossible to do by me, then maybe Legio Suturvora or Vulpa (altough the latter I'm not that familiar with). 

Sorry to hear that.

Sons of Horus are an interesting challenge to paint. How have you handled the green?

Hope things begin to look up for you soon.

Dallo

I will show you, hopefully you like it. I use Kabalite Green on the armour, and it looks magnificent! 

Now, let's give the pictures a try... First, here is my Christmas project, with the two 'hounds and some Tartaros. I really like the Heresy setting, sometimes it is the only thing that keeps me around the hobby...

DSCN1680

And some random creature of chaos showed up, now it is guarding the entrance to my factorum. The Warmaster will be pleased :wink:

DSCN1663

I love dogs.

Same here! :biggrin.:

So, you're going for yellow eh? Brave man... I think Vulpa could also be an interesting project. Titandeath might shed some more light on that.

Also if you want to go for larger pics, one way to do it (provided you do not have a gallery here (and I advise you make one) is to copy the image address and then use the picture tool (the green-blue-ish rectangle in the editor menu bar) and paste it in the field provided.

Here's the result:

gallery_125033_15102_162667.jpg

I get that this might be a bit too big - a gallery here will help out on the sizing of the pic too. PM me if you want a walk though. :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to everyone!

It has been a while since my last update. During the holidays I managed to build the two Warhounds, and primed them, they are now getting the base colours. I'm waiting for the magnets too, hopefully they will be here in a week or two, and I can magnetize the weapon arms... And I realized that I need some extra paints too. 

I hope that the new Reaver kit will be available soon :wink:

Captain Semper, thank you for your offering, I will live with it :biggrin.:

Archived