BT confirmed on Vigilus

I’m with firepower. Nothing contributed to the background since 6th has been a positive addition, really.

I thought ADB's treatment of BT in his black legion Series was good. Pretty sure "black legion" came out in late 7th of bot 8th edition.

Or you mean exclusively in "game books"?

Game Books. Though I’m not fond of Eternal Crusader, it had some cool tidbits about the ship and imagery. Anything that really builds off of the post-6th Edition lore changes is what I’m talking about. I feel like Black Legion was a solid return to the older Helsreach era feel of the chapter.

I’m with firepower. Nothing contributed to the background since 6th has been a positive addition, really.

I thought ADB's treatment of BT in his black legion Series was good. Pretty sure "black legion" came out in late 7th of bot 8th edition.

Or you mean exclusively in "game books"?

Game Books. Though I’m not fond of Eternal Crusader, it had some cool tidbits about the ship and imagery. Anything that really builds off of the post-6th Edition lore changes is what I’m talking about. I feel like Black Legion was a solid return to the older Helsreach era feel of the chapter.

because of A-D-B

With him we have an real ally in black library

Has it been established that the EC is a named character? He can have many different names... that’s his title as he’s a bad ass “‘master swordsman”. Indeed, pretty lame if that’s the case.

@Ace, PF still seem to be 12pts in BS. Don’t actually know if it’s supposed to be 9, but I’ve made that assumption based on what people are saying.

I'm fine with it, I was going to take it on a captain with the teeth of terra anyway to make him a little mini helbrecht. Helbrecht with that WL trait would go from good -> overkill. Almost makes him too much of a target. Also its good to spread that power around. Helbrecht overkilling a unit because of that warlord trait generating hits that don't end up being utilized wouldn't be very efficient. If I don't find the teeth of terra to be satisfactory then I'll probably go with a power fist or a relic blade. Tried to fit in a thunder hammer and it was just too expensive. 9 points for a power fist is super nice. 

Has it been established that the EC is a named character? He can have many different names... that’s his title as he’s a bad ass “‘master swordsman”. Indeed, pretty lame if that’s the case.

@Ace, PF still seem to be 12pts in BS. Don’t actually know if it’s supposed to be 9, but I’ve made that assumption based on what people are saying.

Yeah it should be fixed soon

TBH I've always thought the EC should be an Elite choice as opposed to an HQ, seeing as the majority of other HQ options have buffs that apply to other units. Both the Chapter and Company Champions are Elites. To me that fits with the lore better, an ordinary marine that receives special powers (however he gets them) that is then pointed in the direction of the big bad enemy, set loose then kinda left to his own devices

Having the EC being a named character means you can only have one per army, you could have several if he was just a generic HQ (up to three I guess)

It doesn't really matter if there's another one in another crusade at some other location at the same time lore-wise. As far as your crusade is concerned, there is only one.

Huh never realize that since every crusade has one and I always thought of him as kind of "my guy" and not a character the lore team came up with

The emperor's champion has been in a weird spot for nearly it's entire existence really.

Hidden Content

1st it was a BT only character in 3rd edition, then briefly errattad to be available to all codex marines. Then he became black templar exclusive again in the armageddon codex. And he was mandatory at the time. Then in 4th edition BT codex he was mandatory in any BT army larger than 750 points.

In both codexes where he was mandatory OT is significant in a way that many these days are not familiar with. Essentially special named characters had to be agreed to. They were outright banned from tournaments and such. Except for the emperor's champion. Because tho he was a special character. He was only unique within the army. But every time the black templars took to the field they brought the champion with them.

Hid my own post behind tags. I realize the nature of the EC is off topic. It's there if you want to read it, but we need to refocus. I'm sure there are many topics about the EC already around these parts! ;)

Archived