What do you like about Primaris?

BLACK BLΠFLY

I wouldn't say Inceptors fill the role of Bikes. Inceptors are even slower than Assault Marines with their M10 and Bikes were always faster than Jump Pack Marines.

I think it's a fair comparison. Bikes have always been mobile shooting, plus they're T5. Inceptors have little in common with assault marines or vanguard vets.

I still have no clue what you were trying to say, but since it was such a low effort post with no context to speak of, the prudent thing to do was speculate wildly :wink:

Would love to get more kneeling or crouching units in motion now that you bring up squatting lol

Primaris would be the perfect platform for a new box of Scouts... squatting ones with cloaks and faces that don't look like... I don't even know what horrible thing the present Scouts look like. Maybe they're their very own ugly thing?

But with the proportions of the Primaris models, Scouts might get the facelift they so desperately need.

They might be S4T4 Scouts though... dunno what to think about that.

Scouts would still be Scouts mate :laugh.:

They'd get an updated look, nothing more.

:whistling: No, it says S4T4W2 right there... most definitely... 2W... can't you see it?

Oh well, I was rushed and will just rely on y'all good folks to just get what I mean :wink:

It's just... having a Scout with 2 wounds would be darn weird, but the Primaris +1W +1A pattern would probably hold for new Primaris releases...

I still have no clue what you were trying to say, but since it was such a low effort post with no context to speak of, the prudent thing to do was speculate wildly :wink:

Would love to get more kneeling or crouching units in motion now that you bring up squatting lol

Primaris would be the perfect platform for a new box of Scouts... squatting ones with cloaks and faces that don't look like... I don't even know what horrible thing the present Scouts look like. Maybe they're their very own ugly thing?

But with the proportions of the Primaris models, Scouts might get the facelift they so desperately need.

:whistling: No, it says S4T4W2 right there... most definitely... 2W... can't you see it?

Oh well, I was rushed and will just rely on y'all good folks to just get what I mean :wink:

It's just... having a Scout with 2 wounds would be darn weird, but the Primaris +1W +1A pattern would probably hold for new Primaris releases...

We already have Primaris Scouts.

They're called Scouts :lol:

:whistling: No, it says S4T4W2 right there... most definitely... 2W... can't you see it?

Oh well, I was rushed and will just rely on y'all good folks to just get what I mean :wink:

We already have Primaris Scouts.

They're called Scouts :lol:

Oi, you leave my hopes and dreams alone!

Let's not speculate about what future models may come for the line and focus on what you like about the current line.

The possibilities they open up for future releases.

I do think that is a valid thing to value. With everything the amazing present lineup has established in terms of equipment and design, things like the PF Sergeant in the IF Battleforce (wich has been on officially announced by GW so this is not speculation) and any further hypothetical addition can expand the lineup while addressing a certain shortcoming that playtesting has revealed.

Unlike the baggage of gear the old lineup has to have to cater to longtime collectors, even if those options aren't even necessary or balanced anymore.

Unless this thread is meant to focus solely on the design of the miniatures, this is something about the Primaris line that I like and I think I'm perfectly within my rights to voice here.

If whoever keeps deleting my posts lately still thinks this is too far off topic, would he please be so kind as to pm me and tell me what the heck is wrong with liking that a present product line that has already been expanded sensibly most probably will be expanded further and maybe equally sensibly?

After all, the bulk of options of both gear and units is the main grief of many players with Oldmarines.

Well said, Amp.

What drew me initially to Primaris was their wonderfully clean and imposing sculpts. What sucked me in further is how fun they are to paint.

Though what keeps me invested is the clear philosophy behind their design on the table. Each unit strives to live up to a theme inherent in their name, and I think that's really fun. Each unit carries unique weapons that only they largely make use of, making balance easier to achieve. Each unit has a unique and different appearance on the battlefield, whether achieved through their silhouette or made clear by their wargear.

And thanks to those themes, I like the potential they have for future units.

What I like about Primaris?

Well I’ve been playing my Templars for more or less the same models and way sense 4th. Hell because I dislike Centurions and didn’t see the new flyers, as well Hunter/Stalker as part of how I envisioned Templars or good in the case of the latter units. I never added them to my army.

Then in 7th Battle Company And Templars no bueno. But Intercessor, there lore meant I could include a few units and not feel I was going against the Templar Lore. And it gave me a new unit and models to play with. And the units themselves being what I believe a Meta Commentary on Space Marines.

Let’s be clear; sense atleast 4th the Marine Statline has been utter garbage. And needs like 4-5 rules and free stuff given to it to be remotely useful. Intercessors And Primaris are basically GW via Gulliman admitting that. But in a way that doesn’t cause eight billion different other issues and questions about buffing up Marine statlines.

I love how much cleaner they are, visually.

The new Honour Guard are pretty bling (as they should be, as ceremonial guard) but the general models are much more utilitarian. Some of the classic kits were so weighed down by bling and tabards I can't comprehend how they'd function in a battle.

I love how much cleaner they are, visually.

The new Honour Guard are pretty bling (as they should be, as ceremonial guard) but the general models are much more utilitarian. Some of the classic kits were so weighed down by bling and tabards I can't comprehend how they'd function in a battle.

Since when has anything in 40k been about functionality ;)

There is a place for both bling and non bling. 40k as a setting and aesthetic has always been defined by the ridiculous. Bling included. There has definitely always been a counter culture of reversing the norm with a more clean hard sci-fi look too. At least since 3rd edition.

Tau, Raptors/Raven Guard, and the Heresy era Crusade list do a lot of this. I'd say Primaris are just the pinnacle of that preference or style movement.

I really like the clean look, and therefore the Primaris in turn. I'm definitely that guy that has a massive bit box full of unused purity seals, reliquaries, and ornate bitz in general.

All that being said, I've come to really appreciate the bling styles of some of the more ornate chapters, and feel that the game and setting are less off without those people and their conversions.

Part of why I love the clean look so much, is because it stood out as character of its own against the grain of Wolves, Templars, and Angels a plenty. Now that everyone is clean and utilitarian, it's a bit of a sterilization of flavor. In my opinion.

Don't mean to sound negative in a positive thread. Because I absolutely love the Primaris models and style. They were meant for me for sure. I very much like the innovative Inceptors and the Repulsor. As models and concepts, Primaris are just top notch. Fluff is a whole different story, but that is for another thread.

With aesthetics there are both subjective and objective aspects. Subjective aspects have no right or wrong, like which power armour helmet do you think has the coolest design?

more objective measurements are things like bodily proportions, heroic scale y/n, and how the legs are attached to the torso, things like that. So the thing I like about Primaris is that they adress the objective aesthetic issues with marines. Though I prefer the classic helmets to the new Mk. X still, which is a subjective opinion.

They are definitely better proportioned.

I always liked the Blood Angels fluff but the 7e Codex was so bland it made me pick up T'au when their Codex dropped (instantly fell in love with Breacher, Stealth Suits and the Ghostkeel) and when I tried to do some Blood Angels again I realised that I didn't really like the Marine models at that time. Then GW released Primaris and I consider myself once more a Blood Angels player ... now I just need some Primaris units with Jump Packs and melee weapons. :P

Archived