New Years Open Day - Speculation

Soldier of Dorn

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/11/26/warhammer-world-new-year-open-day-2019/

Haven't really seen anyone talking about this, or a thread on it at all -- it's happening this weekend, only a few short days from now. Thought it might be a good time to see what the brethren think of all this, what are you hoping and/or expecting to see from it?

Personally -- I really don't know what to expect. Possibly first looks at the Redblade in resin and certain (non-board appropriate) fungal blighters in plastic as well, but beyond that... I don't know.

Last year we had Nurgle previewed like the gitz but then got Custodes on the day. So there’s a good chance we’ll see a decent reveal.

Although it’s a SG, Titandeath is due in Jan (as said by Andy H on stream), so maybe that? Or maybe Vigilus part two?

I went to last years and it was fun but I’m not bothering with this years one. Everything is online before the people who buy tickets even get to see it so there’s not much point sadly.

Still, if it’s like last year there should at least be a nice reveal :)

This bit intrigues me:

To celebrate this milestone, some of Games Workshop’s most iconic games and miniatures will be out on display for the first time in many years. Do you know what an Ambull or a Zoat is? What about the Squats? Come along and check them out – they’ve missed you!

Actually yeah with Custodes being the reveal last year I imagine we'll see something quite cool.

I'll keep my expectations low. Custodes was awesome and it was a release I genuinely enjoyed. Personally only one thing would top it.

I think we are seeing GSC codex and minis.

Maybe some BSF stuff.

Considering the article just put up on the WHC site, I think you're spot on.
Yeah saw it aswell.

We are already expecting GSC Dex and minis, but the BSF tease is the only unknown we have there.

KT, Sisters, and Vigilus 2 we kinda know what to expect.

I hope we see what's coming for Vigilus Part 2, or at least a tease. considering the "80 days" end right before AdeptiCon, this would be the perfect place to give people a taste of what's to come.

GSC are a given at this point and I hope they show us some more progress on the Sisters. How about a sneak peek at something like the Penitent Engine or the Sisters Repentia?

And on the "Extremely unlikely and too soon to be shown but I'd love to see it" side of things, Slaanesh. Just everything Slaanesh. Lay it on me.

Thunderlord hero here we come!

One thing I hope the open day clears up is how limited the GSC WHW map dude will be and if he’s plastic. I hope to be able to pick him up while passing Lenton at some point.

Well it’s quite a bold expectation to build when they say they’ll top having a Man or Iron in the future BSF expansions. So I’m keen on seeing what hints are dropped for that. And for kill team.

If it’s in black stone fortress, only thing I could think of that would top is some sort of Slanni hiding out and looking for a way to bring its race back together

Well I've been hoping for new primaris for about a year so I'm not expecting much there. I do think a Blackstone expansion will be teased and I'm fully expecting an ambull. I'm fairly certain one of the kill team expansions already let slip a future inquisition supplement so we might see more on that I guess

Ah c'mon... Primarch right?! ;-)

(Angron or Fulgrim...)

Too soon imho. It's Undivided/Black Legion time now. I wouldn't expect Emperor's Children or World Eaters until at least after Summer. If we get a tease, it'll be at AdeptiCon, and that's if they decide to do us a Death Guard and drag the teases for months, but even then that was a weird case because they were on Dark Imperium way before their proper release.

Archived