The Starfall Princes: 40k Alpha Legion Warband

I always mess up my highlighting. I keep at it but I either have too much paint on the brush and it becomes a blob on the edge of armor. That or I have to little and it just doesn't go on to the mini, like it dried on the brush. That combined with my not steady hands makes for some miniature rorschak work on my minis :) And don't let me get started on painting the eye lenses..

It would be nice to clear up the hobby backlog. *look at pile of half finished projects. I am hoping to make some headway with my armies and actually get some finished to TT standard at least but right now my AL occupy most of my interest. As for ETL I don't think I will be. I'm such a procrastinator I don't think it'd help. 

• 4 months later...

They look really good, I really dig the blue!

Me too, with gold trim this would make an excellent Thousand Sons scheme I think. Care to share the recipe?

It's pretty much the standard FW AL - I prime grey, basecoat a bright silver, then airbrush 75:25 Tamiya Clear Blue: Tamiya Clear Green, then airbrush a layer of Tamiya Clear Blue, before toning it down a bit with Guilliman Blue.

However, I think using the new Contrast paints will yield a very similar result and remove the need for an airbrush!

• 5 months later...
That's me finished up a Khorne Daemon Prince! In my Warband, he was part of a company in charge of exploring the Maelstrom during the Great Crusade. I'm going to use models from Mierce to make Daemon Princes of Tzeentch (same model as I previously used, but my dog ate it) and of Slaanesh. I'm not convinced the banners turned out as well as they could've in reference to the colours. Maybe I should've considered something else, like roughly painting Khorne's symbol in red.

IMG 0990

IMG 0993

IMG 0994

IMG 0996

IMG 0998

Pretty happy with Sssssssssssssssssssindri-style Sorcerer. Hos black shoulder pads signifies his position as a member of the Assault Company, as opposed to the normal metallic blue of the line companies. 

IMG 1000

IMG 1001

IMG 1002

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Finished three Fiends of Slaanesh! They've been performing terribly (I've been summoning them), but gonna start painting up a Bloodmaster and some more Bloodletters to make a Patrol Detachment.

IMG 1139

IMG 1140

IMG 1141

IMG 1111[1] (1)

IMG 1110[1]

IMG 1109[1]

IMG 1107[1]

IMG 1106[1]

IMG 1105[1]

IMG 1138

IMG 1137

IMG 1136

IMG 1135

Love that Daemon Prince, which model was the base?

Sorry, didn't see this message! Mierce Miniatures - It's unconverted :) If you're referring to the base itself, it is made with the Greek green stuff roller from green stuff world :)

Edited by ChazSexington

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...