Sanguinius in 40k?

Malphas

Would we not loose the death co if the guy they are so upset about knocked off is faffing about all resurected/reborn? Not that I balk at the absurd but sanguinious is better off dead imho. My hope is a bad ass sanguinor buff to give us a primarch power level superboss.

We've already effectively cured the black rage with Primaris.

Only as Primaris were made 10,000 years ago, post 30k, and have thus seen less gene degredation. As soon as they start using old marine gene seed to make new marines, they will have the rage.
It depends on what route they take. I'm personally grateful primaris aren't black rage everything. It is so frustrating that it's supposed to be rare. Maybe we'll get lucky and they just toss out all the gene seed that's too far gone.

Its mostly the terrible BA fanboys that have put such a sour taste in my mouth about DC though.

Why?

Because, like captain smash, it's all you'd see.

No no, I meant the latter part. Lol
Because I'm completely okay with Death Company just going away.

I meant why do they leave a sour taste in your mouth?

Although I think it’s weird you want our most iconic unit from 2nd Ed on to go away. They are our oldest special guys.

Because, like captain smash, it's all you'd see.

No no, I meant the latter part. Lol
Because I'm completely okay with Death Company just going away.
I meant why do they leave a sour taste in your mouth?

Although I think it’s weird you want our most iconic unit from 2nd Ed on to go away. They are our oldest special guys.

I cant describe it here without getting warnings or risks of deletion from the reclusiarch with how much I hate a huge portion of our fan population.

<looks at Dont-be-Haten, raises eyebrow. Stares at his name on this forum, tilts head with eyebrow raised even further>

Ahem.

I spoke with both Jim Swallow and Guy Haley 1:1 at the weekender and we all agreed at how the sons learn to live without their father is a core tenet of what it means to be a BA post-HH.

Take that for what you will.

<looks at Dont-be-Haten, raises eyebrow. Stares at his name on this forum, tilts head with eyebrow raised even further>

Ahem.

I spoke with both Jim Swallow and Guy Haley 1:1 at the weekender and we all agreed at how the sons learn to live without their father is a core tenet of what it means to be a BA post-HH.

Good, I'm happy to hear that.

30k BA are not 40k BA because of that key aspect.

I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise.

I don’t really care what happens going forward. I know a lot of people like me want purist BA to be at least competitive. They also feel like Sanguinius coming back is a bad thing( though I can’t understand that). However I really just want a really cool centerpiece model for my warlord, beautiful looking models and just a really strong melee combat unit(durable and Killy) and way reliable way to keep them in combat. There is a lot of talk about lore and such but I’ve come to terms with gameplay never ever agreeing. I still think space Marines, BA inparticualr, are the coolest thing out there.

Ahem.

I sent a private message about it. That should explain things. You all know me. I'm very chill and positive 99.09% of the time.

I've just exhausted my patients with a secular of BA players. ;)

. However I really just want a really cool centerpiece model for my warlord, beautiful looking models 

I will agree on this, I'd take new plastic models for our named characters over a new Sanguinius model. All our characters are in finecast and look stunted compared to the regular marines. Just give me new plastic Dante, Sanguinor and Mephiston and I'm ok with daddy being dead. At this point I actively avoid buying any of those models and the closest thing I have to a Dante is a conversion from Sanguinary guard parts.

Ahem.

Which honestly isn't anything special since no legion had their father after the HH happened. They all died, fell into a coma/sleep/stasis or went and left to do whatever. They all had to learn to live without them. ^^

I will agree on this, I'd take new plastic models for our named characters over a new Sanguinius model. All our characters are in finecast and look stunted compared to the regular marines. Just give me new plastic Dante, Sanguinor and Mephiston and I'm ok with daddy being dead. At this point I actively avoid buying any of those models and the closest thing I have to a Dante is a conversion from Sanguinary guard parts.

I totally agree with this. Each of these characters symbolises an aspect of Sanguinius. Dante is his leadership and inspiration. The Sanguinor is his nobility andangelic bearing. Mephiston is his psychic potential and the dark thirst hidden beneath the surface.

I would like to see Dante given the Primaris treatment. Mephiston is supposed to be larger and stronger anyway due to the reactivation of his geneseed so would justify a larger model without any fluff updates. I would like to see the Sanguinor remade as our Primarch-equivalent model as a truly stunning centre-piece.

Ahem.

Which honestly isn't anything special since no legion had their father after the HH happened. They all died, fell into a coma/sleep/stasis or went and left to do whatever. They all had to learn to live without them. ^^
To be fair, most of the legions retained their Primarchs for another couple hundred years.

Although I agree, and they didn’t really change all that much culturally.

There’s a difference between “daddy’s been gone a long time...is he ever coming back?” And “daddy’s never coming back.”

Or, to put it another way, there’s a difference between a romantic relationship ending in a very messy breakup and a romantic relationship ending with the passing of one’s significant other. How the widow/er carries on, etc...

There’s a difference between “daddy’s been gone a long time...is he ever coming back?” And “daddy’s never coming back.”

As I said others are dead too and Guilliman was all but dead trapped in his stasis field seconds away from his death. Also I'd say there is not much of a difference between a dead Primarch and a Primarch being gone for several thousands of years. One way or another they had to learn to live without them and many generations of Marines have been born, trained, fought and died without them being there.

Except all the other bloodlines have myths that tie into their father coming back at the end of time.

For the wolves it's straight up Russes last known words.

Even the Iron Hands sometimes remember how emotions work and believe that of Ferrus, or at least a splinter chapter does I think.

But for Sanguinius?

They KNOW he's not coming back, because his death is encoded, literally, in their flesh and blood.

And when the Rage gets close, they get to re-live it.

And that's something else entirely.

Other bloodlines, while bereft of their Primarchs for almost as long, they aren't reminded of their loss like the BA are.

Every brother lost to the rage, and every close brush with it internally reminds them of who and what they lost, and also who is responsible.

Its even showcased mechanically, with the strategem, is it maybe Vengeance for Sanguinius?

Anyway, its extra hits against chaos units on 6s.

Unless their black legion, in which case it's 4s.

By comparison, the cadians have the same thing, but in their case their pissed because those guys literally just killed their entire *planet*.

Everyone from their homeworld, their history, culture, and duty were blown up in front of them, like, yesterday in 40k terms.

And that only just gets them as angry as the BA get over something that literally happened 10 millenia ago

Except all the other bloodlines have myths that tie into their father coming back at the end of time.

For the wolves it's straight up Russes last known words.

Even the Iron Hands sometimes remember how emotions work and believe that of Ferrus, or at least a splinter chapter does I think.

But for Sanguinius?

They KNOW he's not coming back, because his death is encoded, literally, in their flesh and blood.

And when the Rage gets close, they get to re-live it.

And that's something else entirely.

Other bloodlines, while bereft of their Primarchs for almost as long, they aren't reminded of their loss like the BA are.

Every brother lost to the rage, and every close brush with it internally reminds them of who and what they lost, and also who is responsible.

Its even showcased mechanically, with the strategem, is it maybe Vengeance for Sanguinius?

Anyway, its extra hits against chaos units on 6s.

Unless their black legion, in which case it's 4s.

By comparison, the cadians have the same thing, but in their case their pissed because those guys literally just killed their entire *planet*.

Everyone from their homeworld, their history, culture, and duty were blown up in front of them, like, yesterday in 40k terms.

And that only just gets them as angry as the BA get over something that literally happened 10 millenia ago

Iron hands say "hi"

Another difference is that all of the other legions that lost their Primarchs after the Heresy were chapters by that point so had already been adapted to live without them. It’s like losing your father when you still live at home or losing him after you move out.

Fluff wise Sanguinius could be brought back via "perfected" cloning by Mr. Cawl. And from a money making stand point I could see GW bring him back as a cash grab. But that day is a long way off at this time. 

Fluff wise you could do anything, it's just bad fluff.

Fluff wise Sanguinius could be brought back via "perfected" cloning by Mr. Cawl. And from a money making stand point I could see GW bring him back as a cash grab. But that day is a long way off at this time. 

Except its not bad fluff. I'm not going back down this rabbit hole, so I'll just say we disagree.

We've brought back Ferrus times innumerable with Fabius Bile's twisted science, only to have Fulgrim kill him every time, as he continually tries to turn Ferrus to chaos during a game of Regicide. We didn't get our knickers in a twist in Emperor of Mankind did we?

And he was the first Primarch to die. His was more tragic because his entire legion was torn apart and the survivors never got the chance to morn, because they lost everything and were taken to the brink of annihilation in the midsts of the HH.

It only matters to BA because Sanguinius was the most warp touched. And his death was imprinted on his sons. The Black Rage should be rare but its not anymore. Because all of the BA authors before always went there instead of down the red thirst path. Which has so much amazing potential. I absolutely love the chaos marine who was a former Flesh Tearer who has been completely consumed by the red thirst and is now a World Eater Slave. That was an amazing character that could have been so much more.

Not necessarily. Well written fluff can lead to an unexepected outcome. It just has to be believable. Bad fluff can lead to an expected or desired outcome but it is bad fluff if it is riddled with plot holes, poor characterization or deus ex machina endings.

Archived