The Second Barbarossa Crusade

The Pounder

A new year and new inspiration.
After my recent heresy of collecting Xenos filth I've decided once again to concentrate my efforts in devotion of the God Emperor!
I was trying to decide whether to build a Death Korp of Krieg force or Ultramarines again when I came across a pic of a Black Templar.
After a lot of head scratching I thought about it and decided to do a full Imperial Crusade that way I can field anything from the Imperial range.

So to start with I'll be concentrating on Black Templars and Krieg elements. First up will be the test model for my new Krieg regiment.
Next up will be a Quadlauncher and crew (I'm waiting for the Templars to arrive)
Thanks for looking!

Thanks very much guys!

Lovely work - he is very well painted and definitely has the kreig feel. Im looking forward to more! Will there be any custom lore behind the crusade, or will it be part of an existing one?

There will be lore to come, all I have atm is the name of the Marshall and Krieg regiment (3rd Siege regiment under Marshal Marius Konstantin)

Man that's good! What did you use to get that yellow on the banner?

I started with XV88, over that some T’au Ochre then added Screaming Skull in the mix, finished off with pure Screaming Skull spot highlight.

Progress!
Finished the first of my 3 Quadlaunchers, was really fun to work on.
I wanted it to look like it has been on campaign hence the heavy weathering.
Thanks for looking C&C would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished my second Quadlauncher, I've tried to keep it along the same lines as the first.
A trench base with an ammo container this time, hopefully it looks weathered enough to give the impression of it being out on campaign,
without making it look like a wreck!
I've added the Crusade badge to each model now, should tie everything together.

I now have one more Quadlauncher to work on once I've added to the Black Templars element of the Crusade.

• 2 weeks later...
Got the last of the Quadlaunchers done.
These are some of my favourite models in the Krieg range (barring Deathriders!) and were a joy to build and paint.
My only complaint is that there were only a few arm options. So the poses aren't as dynamic as I'd like.
With this completion I've hit my first milestone, my first Detachment for the Second Barbarossa Crusade! A small one but my first.
Really happy with how this project is going and I'll be adding to them slowly.
Thanks for the interest!

• 2 weeks later...
Finished my first squad of Engineers, I just love the shotguns they look so brutal.
I went for a less entrenched look for the bases so no duckboards etc. I wanted to give them a look of being in forward positions
(hopefully Forgeworld will give us back the Hades Breaching Drill as a transport)
These were great to work on, I even enjoyed building them for a change! I think I've finally nailed down my weathering method for the infantry at least.