No loyalist Astartes codex until the end of the year?

Ishagu

I find it ironic that the usual suspects on defending the Primaris are worse than the ones that don't like them.

Its funny really.

Hah.

EDIT: If you really wanna quantify who's "being worse" then I suggest you count the number of vitriolic statements in this thread and pin them to their respective sides. I'm not sure you'll come out liking the numbers if you do it objectively. But this is, or at the very least, ought to be obscenely off topic.

I find it ironic that the usual suspects on defending the Primaris are worse than the ones that don't like them.

Its funny really.

Both groups are acting terribly and you're continuing it, STOP!

Let it go, move on!

It's not funny at all, it's driving people away from this website as you can clearly see by the level of contribution from people outside of the same 10 Primaris Love/Hate spat.

Rik

Its funny really.

Let it go, move on!

It's not funny at all, it's driving people away from this website as you can clearly see by the level of contribution from people outside of the same 10 Primaris Love/Hate spat.

Rik

That was 8th Edition and the consistent ‘8th is better than 7th’ parading that went on by the pro-primaris posters in this group. We warned them if they kept up banging the drum for 8th it would divide the board and he didn’t listen.

Also Rik, it’s fine to hire commission painters. It’s NOT fine to insult people and say they don’t hobby when you hire commission painters.

I moved on, and added a few thoughts on the future of primaris. I know they are here to stay, unfortunately the units released, except the intercessors, repulsor and redemptor don't appeal to me. Hopefully that will change. it could change very easily. So so easily. Just a primaris Emperor champion, a primaris BT lieutenant, and the options of chainswords on intercessors.

This could all be achieved with the minimal effort of an upgrade sprue and white dwarf rules. :wink:

Hell I could do just with rules, the rest I can convert lol :P

I moved on, and added a few thoughts on the future of primaris. I know they are here to stay, unfortunately the units released, except the intercessors, repulsor and redemptor don't appeal to me. Hopefully that will change. it could change very easily. So so easily. Just a primaris Emperor champion, a primaris BT lieutenant, and the options of chainswords on intercessors.

This could all be achieved with the minimal effort of an upgrade sprue and white dwarf rules. :wink:

Hell I could do just with rules, the rest I can convert lol :tongue.:

I'm pretty sure you'll get some of those things at least.

My expectation for Codexes is that we'll get 2 new ones for Marines at some point, one with all the "Classic Marine" rules and characters and another with Primaris bits. 

From the recent Jes Goodwin VoxCast I think it's fair to assume there are at least two more waves of Primaris to come.

I think there's going to be one for Melee stuff which I'd expect will give us a bike of some sort, a variant on the Redemptor Dreadnought and some better options for our Characters when it comes to melee load-outs and another for Fire Support with some new heavy weapon options and another tank. I'd expect some bleed over from one to the other and if we assume it's 4 kits to a wave then I'd expect we'll get a 3/1 split each time.

Rik

Chainswords are an intrinsic part of 40K - GW can't forget about them!

As for Codex releases... there likely won't be a new Codex for Classic Marines. There already is one now and for legacy models there won't be an update - case in point is Calgar in power armour. The Index Option exists but is more expensive than the Terminator option and hasn't ever been updated.

Its funny really.

Let it go, move on!

Rik

That was 8th Edition and the consistent ‘8th is better than 7th’ parading that went on by the pro-primaris posters in this group. We warned them if they kept up banging the drum for 8th it would divide the board and he didn’t listen.

Eh not really. Also one can like 8th edition without liking Primaris and vice versa.

Yeah, I think we're done here.

I'm not going to be handing out any warnings or anything like that, since I generally like letting people having their say, but we're just rehashing old arguments that we've had since 8th Edition dropped.

I don't expect people to "just move on" and I hope GW is being honest when they say that Primaris Space Marines are an addition to the Adeptus Astartes and not a replacement, but we'll see.

Archived