Bringers of Dispair - how to make terminators work

This thread hit page 3 already and it kind of surprised me. I’m wondering if anyone has any actual game feedback yet. I haven’t been successful with my BoD style list and I’m wondering if anyone is?

I'm running 10 with combi-bolters and chain axes with Abaddon later. Not decided with to deep strike them or run them in a Spartan for the hell of it but shall report back on their performance

I’m in a campaign atm and the narrative hasn’t really permitted a large contingent of BoD for some time.

Had my first game last night with 10 combi plas/chainaxe termies with Abby and Slanesh sorc that had prescience and delightful agonies.

Shooting wise they brought destruction. Unfortunately we called the game soon after as it was getting late.

Eager to hear everyone else’s stories though.

To sum up, the terminators jumped out of their Spartan turn 2, shreded 2 squads with shooting despite hitting on 5s (Alpha Legion and -1 to hit prayer) then laid waste to 10 possessed buffed by every possible buff inc a 3++ and that was without the all marks of chaos strat to fight twice or get a nice 4++ and Abaddon finished off the rest of the squad a master of possession and a greater possessed (rolled 5 bonus attacks with Drach'nyen). Did get quite lucky rolling very big charges so they could wrap around but gods these guys were amazing. Following turn they ate a LOT of chaincannon shots but still avoided being wiped out until hit with a bloodletter bomb who were in turn massacred by Abaddon. 

Next up I'm going to try and play an Imperial army of some sort, whether it's marines or guard to see how DttFE works out on a blob like that

To sum up, the terminators jumped out of their Spartan turn 2, shreded 2 squads with shooting despite hitting on 5s (Alpha Legion and -1 to hit prayer) then laid waste to 10 possessed buffed by every possible buff inc a 3++ and that was without the all marks of chaos strat to fight twice or get a nice 4++ and Abaddon finished off the rest of the squad a master of possession and a greater possessed (rolled 5 bonus attacks with Drach'nyen). Did get quite lucky rolling very big charges so they could wrap around but gods these guys were amazing. Following turn they ate a LOT of chaincannon shots but still avoided being wiped out until hit with a bloodletter bomb who were in turn massacred by Abaddon.

Next up I'm going to try and play an Imperial army of some sort, whether it's marines or guard to see how DttFE works out on a blob like that

Awesome. What load out did you use?

Combi bolters and chain axes - stock load out. Only buff they had was VotLW

Combi bolters and chain axes - stock load out. Only buff they had was VotLW

Nice man thanks. I was planning on running mine as stock. I think after reading this it's defo what I will do.

Having Abaddon on hand made a massive difference to them for the re-rolls but I think they've still got room to go up another level since I completely forgot to use the CPs I kept back to use the +1 attack strat and they weren't able to use the 4 marks of chaos or get the +1 to wound prayer on hand. Think instead of the apostle an exalted champion is a better option just  to have the re-roll instead - not needing to do anything to get it and having it on deck straight out of the transport is enough when its wounding on at least 3+. If it were a case of chasing knights or trying to get by on a 5 then it will do more, or if it's a chain lord hunting mortal wounds because the flat +1 is obviously better

Archived