Dosjetka

gallery_45765_14953_25916.png

Legio Astorum

The Warp Runners

Formation Name: Iratus Legatis

Formation Type: Venator Light Maniple

Current Status: Convergence - Phase IV

Formation Data:

Maniple Principal: Ignis Oscula (Reaver)

Maniple Auxilio: Heathen's Pyre (Warhound), Kyn

Edited by Dosjetka

• 6 months later...

Is the disembodied Warhound head from an allied Warhound, or from an enemy your Warhound defeated in battle? In the latter case, you might as well carve the eight-point Chaos Star into its forehead, to make a cool-looking base decoration.

You made a competent effort painting the Warhound. I hope to see the completed model soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Minor update ahead.

I played some Adeptus Titanicus a few weeks ago with @Dragonlover and it was great fun, so much so that my main project from now until early next year will be my Legio Astorum Titans.

There are a few of events in February/March that I'd like to go to, namely the Adeptus Titanicus: The Legio Walks event at Warhammer World, the Montreux Miniatures Show in Switzerland, and a private meet-up with a few friends again at Warhammer World. The second event is one I promised to attend and requires a 1'250-point list, meaning that will be my priority at the moment. The first event requires one 1'000-point list, one 1'500-point list, and one 2'000-point list. The third event will have one or more of the previous formats. With that in mind, I've come up with my lists and they are as follows:

List #1 - 1'000 pts: BUL [Venator Light Maniple]

• Ignis Oscula [Reaver] w/ Vulcan Megabolter, Melta Cannon, Reaver Titan Power Fist (315 pts)
  • Heathen's Pyre [Warhound] w/ two Inferno Guns (220 pts)
  • Kygíni [Warhound] w/ Plasma Blast Gun, Laser Destructor (Warhound) (230 pts)
  • Pyrkagiá [Warhound] w/ Inferno Gun, Plasma Blast Gun (230 pts)

List #2 - 1'250 pts: BUL [Venator Light Maniple]

• Ignis Oscula [Reaver] w/ Vulcan Megabolter, Melta Cannon, Reaver Titan Power Fist (315 pts)
  • Kygíni [Warhound] w/ Plasma Blast Gun, Laser Destructor (230 pts)
  • Neugdae [Warhound] w/ two Plasma Blast Guns (240 pts)

List #3 - 1'500 pts: BUL [Venator Light Maniple] & FULMEN MORS [Venator Light Maniple]

• + + + + +
  • Hyperion [Reaver] w/ Apocalypse Missile Launcher, Gatling Blaster, Volcano Cannon (300 pts)
  • Arsu [Warhound] w/ Laser Destructor, Vulcan Megabolters (200 pts)
  • Azizos [Warhound] w/ Plasma Blast Gun, Vulcan Megabolter (220 pts)

List #4 - 2'000 pts: BUL [Venator Light Maniple] & FULMEN MORS [Axiom Battleline Maniple]

• Kygíni [Warhound] w/ Plasma Blast Gun, Laser Destructor (230 pts)
  • Neugdae [Warhound] w/ two Plasma Blast Guns (240 pts)
  • + + + + +
  • Deus Astra [Warlord] w/ Apocalypse Missile Launchers, Bellicosa Volcano Cannon & Mori Quake Cannon OR Macro Gatling Blaster & Sunfury Plasma Annihilator (475 pts)
  • Hyperion [Reaver] w/ Apocalypse Missile Launcher, Gatling Blaster, Volcano Cannon (300 pts)
  • Arsu [Warhound] w/ Laser Destructor, Vulcan Megabolters (200 pts)
  • Azizos [Warhound] w/ Plasma Blast Gun, Vulcan Megabolter (220 pts)

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated, and I'll be back with more picture updates soon. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Arsu [Warhound] w/ two Vulcan Megabolters (200 pts)

Can you squeeze a laser blaster in there?  The double megabolter means he's either just a shield stripper or hunting something wounded from behind.  Maybe that's how you'll play the list though...

In general, I’ve found Vulcan mega bolter and plasma blastgun to be by far the best load out for warhounds. And I’m afraid to say I really don’t like flamers at all. Dual laser is interesting because it makes the guy a surprisingly good sniper, which can finish titans off with targeted shots from far away. That said, Vulcans up close can achieve the same.

I’d also suggest running one of your maniples as Ferrox. If using a melee reaver with a fist then hitting on 2s at S10 is far better than 3s at S9. It’s also a lot safer to fire a melta up close if you’re less likely to scatter onto yourself!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

*blows dust off thread*

Been a while! Before this week, I hadn't touched my brushes since last summer. Locally, there has been some renewed interest in Titanicus so I figured it was a good time to get back on the proverbial hobby horse.

Legio Astorum wasn't doing it for me any longer so I went searching for another Legio scheme that I liked.

IMG_20230428_125227.thumb.jpg.5a3d5eecf7ddf2d9b5a741ef91f57493.jpg

I'm aiming to get this fella done next week before tackling either the second Warhound or the Reaver.