The Siege of Terra: The Lost and the Damned

JH79

I know it’s such a petty thing to be concerned about, but the artwork for the cover really makes me hope Rogal Dorn, brilliant builder of fortresses, didn’t honestly decide that the best way to stop the traitor legions is a single ditch in the ground manned by auxiliaries packed shoulder to shoulder all the way around the palace. I am hoping it’s some serious trenchworks and massive curtain walls in front of the high walls around the palace.

It could be worse; they could be standing in front of the trench.

Sigh. Indeed.

@Knockagh

Ever host games at your place? You might actually have enough space for a proper Apoc game!

Using tractors as deadnoughts, cows as marines, sheep as guard and chickens as a horde of orks??? Problem would be getting the blast templates down.

Speaking of the Solar Auxilia, do you guys expect thet Lost and the Damned will cover them?

And out of interest, has any other Heresy book so far covered them? I am interested but all I know is that they are covered in Horus Heresy Conquest.

What about the novels?

The black Horus Heresy forge world book Conquest by far has the best info on the solar auxilia.

When the models were released I had huge expectations that we around see some books centred around them but sadly they just all but vanished without explanation. Tallarn gave me a moment of human interest hope but it came to nothing.

The black Horus Heresy forge world book Conquest by far has the best info on the solar auxilia.

When the models were released I had huge expectations that we around see some books centred around them but sadly they just all but vanished without explanation. Tallarn gave me a moment of human interest hope but it came to nothing.

Second this. I'm hoping that when writers start going for a mooch around in the background of the Heresy, we get some Solar Auxilia stories.

25% of the Imperial Army is made up of the Solar Auxilia, predescessor to the Cadiand, Taninths and Scions/Stormtrooper. They were probably disbanded after the Heresy to casualties and the logistical requirements being too much for a crippled Imperium

How many of them went Traitor alongside Horus? Shouldn't there be Traitor Solar Auxilia in the 42nd Millenium?

=][= Guys, as long as we don't have anything from this coming novel (besides the artwork) to justify this nice little talk about mortal soldiers, I'd kindly ask you to continue this in the Age of Darkness sub forum. =][=

Thank you.

Edited by Kelborn

Lets get some spoilers going!

A spoilery question...

Hidden Content
I may be missing something, or it may be explained later on, but around page 50, Malcador reveals that Vulkan lives and everyone, including Dorn, is shocked.

Didn't Dorn and Vulkan meet up before the latter entered the Imperial Dungeon in Old Earth?

Edited by DANNDANN

A spoilery question...

Hidden Content
I may be missing something, or it may be explained later on, but around page 50, Malcador reveals that Vulkan lives and everyone, including Dorn, is shocked.

Didn't Dorn and Vulkan meet up before the latter entered the Imperial Dungeon in Old Earth?

Yes, they did. 

A spoilery question...

Hidden Content

Even stranger if you consider that

Nick Kyme literally wrote that scene himself, and he's the editor for the Siege...

Looks like Nick's editorial and authorial skills are about on par

No need to be so personal. We don't know in what way the editing was done - and by how many people reading what parts of the drafts. His work isn't perfect but I think it's pretty bad to damn him over small details, especially without access to how it was actually made.

Plus he's a lovely and very knowledgeable guy, as this voxcast suggests, http://voxcastpodcast.com/voxcast-episode-15-nick-kyme

startng it tonight, but I thought I’d organise my bookshelf in anticipation...

Superb, hope the organising is going well. Nothing beats an orderly book collection. I could look at books on shelves all day. It’s like running through old stories in my head. The heresy series is wonderful for that you can scan the titles and bring years of reading memories to the fore!

@ Petitioner's City

I am sure Nick is a lovely guy in person...but his authorial contributions to the HH series have not been to my personal taste, and some of the editing has been objectively sloppy. Have to call a spade a spade here.

See, in such moments I'd be glad if we could just look at the section in question verbatim instead of jumping the gun and calling authors and/or editors out on supposed inaccuracies. I kinda suspected that the context would prove it not to be an issue, but since I'll have to wait for the general release, I'm fully at the mercy of limited edition buyers here. Direct citations would be much appreciated.