Ordo...Mine, my Ordo WIP

I've found Assassins to be a bit hit or miss, seems that may not be something that can be reliably covered by taking more of them. I think it's worth trying pure Inquisition to see how it goes, if nothing else it'd have Rule of Cool going for it :wink:

Cherrypicking one assassin with the stratagem is usually very usefull, it takes the randomness away. If you have the command points to fuel them they can be amazing if you time their actions well.

Agreed. I like to take all 4 not because its necessarily the best way but because its characterful and gives me the extra CP in an army that struggles to earn any. If I were making a competitive IG army, I'd probably just add one and know that I'm using it's strats every turn.

The Inquisition warrants way more than a WD article. I was hoping rogue trader release and mini dex.

Whole-heartedly agreed. I'd like a proper Agents dex as a collection of mini-dexes but I'll settle for just a proper update with some strats. Not that I don't have a million ideas for what I'd do if I were to write such a codex myself.

I recently acquired some terminators so I decided to go to shapeways and do some bits shopping. I'll have some terminator inquisitors soon enough and will gladly post my progress with them here, once they're assembled.

Here is the "pure" inquisition list I think I'll work towards being able to field as my next goal:

Operative Sanctioned (-2 CP)

Vanguard Detachment (Inquisition):

Inquisitor-Lord Hector Rex (Warlord)

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Hereticus

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Hereticus

Acolytes x6 - Stormbolter x6 and Ordo Hereticus

Jokaero Weaponsmith x3

Spearhead Detachment (Ordo Hereticus):

Inquisitor Karamazov

Inquisition Land Raider Prometheus - Multimelta and Stormbolter

Supreme Command Detachment (Inquisition):

Terminator Inquisitor - Psyker, Combi-melta, and Nemesis Daemon Hammer

Terminator Inquisitor - Psyker, Combi-melta, and Nemesis Daemon Hammer

Inquisitor - Psyker, Ordo Hereticus, Power Maul, and Stormbolter

It only requires me to paint 4 more models (yay) but lacks a bit of the umph provided by all four assassins in the other list (boo!)

Plus, terminator inquisitors. Cool.

The dice gods look favourably upon Rule of Cool armies though :wink: What psychic powers are you thinking of taking? Are your Acolytes for the Land Raiders, do you have a plan to handle enemy reserves as they could be quite annoying?

Here's to hoping my dice are indeed favored. This army kinda needs it :biggrin.:

As far as psykic powers, the obvious ones are SMITE, SMITE, and SMITE. Also, dominate. Besides, dominate there is terrify and the other one. I'll rarely take terrify unless I'm certain that I'm going to be assaulting and worrying about overwatch. Smite, even as the third casting, is just more beneficial. MWs are my best hope to accomplish killing tough things.

Reserves are a bit of a problem because I can't add more numbers to prevent deep striking. My acolytes typically always start in the raiders. This gives me a better drop rate to go first and, most, reserves can't come down on turn 1. If I'm worried about reserves, the acolytes will bail right before they'd come down and scatter around to block from getting easy charges on the raiders. This usually results in their deaths, because 18 guardsmen is not hard to kill, but buys the raiders a turn and that is more important.

I got a lucky deal and aquired an Aquila Strongpoint online for fabulously cheap(ish). Considering my dreams of forming an inquisitorial fortress from a Primus Redoubt were dashed recently, I enjoy having the idea of a pure inquisition (in this case, Ordo Hereticus) army back in the game with a suitably impressive fortress to sally forth from.

Liberated from our heretical first legion I see

Those look like Inquisition symbols; I can see three horizontal lines across the middle of the "I".

But I agree, the Dark Angels have been foul heretics ever since Lion El'Jonson fell asleep on the job. Their obsession has done more damage to the very Imperium their Primarch fought to defend, than many Traitor Legions.

I think it was more the 300 year rule - if you've not used it in that long it's free for anyone else :laugh.:

I'd love to do one of the fortress models like this, but I'm kidding myself if I think I'll not always get drawn to a unit instead :tongue.: I have to live vicariously through others instead :tongue.:

I think it was more the 300 year rule - if you've not used it in that long it's free for anyone else :laugh.:

I'd love to do one of the fortress models like this, but I'm kidding myself if I think I'll not always get drawn to a unit instead :tongue.: I have to live vicariously through others instead :tongue.:

Living vicariously through others is the #3 reason why I come to this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, third party bits that I found years ago on ebay and made work with greenstuff. I'm not even sure what game they were from. I saw them in an auction that even stated that the arms didn't fit the bodies but figured I could make it work. I bought them in time for an edition change (2-3 editions ago) and never assembled them. When the wild hair rose that caused me to embark on this project, I dug them up and managed to make three models work well enough. The rest of the bits didn't work at all or were bent up.

Edited by librisrouge

Can I just say how impressed I am with the positive and generally kind nature of all the posts here?  Over on other forums it's just constant name calling and bickering.  It's really refreshing to see positive 40k players talking about their hobby and each other!

Can I just say how impressed I am with the positive and generally kind nature of all the posts here? Over on other forums it's just constant name calling and bickering. It's really refreshing to see positive 40k players talking about their hobby and each other!

That is exactly why I donate to this forum and try to participate in events. It’s a great place with great players from the full range of skills, personalities, and reasons to play. I love it here.