Building my first guardsmen

War Angel

As a side note, guard die really really fast lol.

Welcome to T3 and next to no armour save...

I know I keep repeating myself, but now you see why I liked to keep my infantry cheap when I played... it wasn't uncommon for me to lose a 10 man squad to rapid firing bolters or a squad of storm bolters.

But our tanks are beastly things...

I think I did well not to get attached. First squad was wiped out when his obliterators landed in front of them and rolled max stats, one round of shooting, poof. Squad three lost 6 men to the terminators that landed on their side, another two were lost to moral, the brave plasma gunner and sergeant closed the distance to keep him from advancing before they died in the following smite. Squad two lost a single man to smite on turn one, but they held back the rubric Marines before being burned down. They even took a few with them, so that’s good.

I’m proud of them.

Guardsmen are the ultimate chaff, I never leave home without at least 60. So cheap and useful. Usually 3 cadians with autocannons and some mortar squads nearby, while 3+ catachan squads run forward naked to kill and die. I find it works as a nice combo.