Big FAQ has dropped.

Joe

I can't even.....

The fact the GMNDK took a big nerf and is still the best unit for GK is just.....well all I can do is laugh.

GW even took the nerf bat to the mighty gimmicky shenanigans that the Brotherhood Champion was able to do. It was obviously too strong in the meta.

In all seriousness, I do understand that GK basically need an entire new codex rewrite but why nerf the worst faction already while we wait? :huh.:

I was hoping that Strike From the Shadows and similar stratagems would allow you to pay the CP if you wanted to use them. As it stands I still have to pay at deployment and if the situation ends up not being what I want (seized on, not seized on, poor deployment on either side) and I choose not to make the move then I've wasted a CP.

I can't even.....

The fact the GMNDK took a big nerf and is still the best unit for GK is just.....well all I can do is laugh.

GW even took the nerf bat to the mighty gimmicky shenanigans that the Brotherhood Champion was able to do. It was obviously too strong in the meta.

In all seriousness, I do understand that GK basically need an entire new codex rewrite but why nerf the worst faction already while we wait? :huh.:

Pretty sure the GMNDK just got caught in the crossfire when they nerfed the Knights. They most likely nerfed the 3++ of the Knight and then looked around like "which other big models can get such a good invulnerable save .... 2++ on a GMNDK?!?!?! NERF THAT!!"

There is some good stuff here. Ion shields being capped at 4++ and the fly change are the big ones. The Wraithseer getting T8 is nice though I doubt it's enough to bring him off the shelf.

There is also some crappy stuff like nerfs to Sisters and Grey Knights which need the opposite. Space marine vehicles losing Bolter Discipline sucks too as well as losing double firing Hellfire shells.

And then there is the bizarre missing stuff. The Taunar not losing the battle suit rule is pure insanity.

It's a pretty mixed bag.

What were the nerfs to sisters? I didn't see those

The repressor, arguably our best unit, got a major nerf now that locking it in combat stops the units inside from firing.

I can't even.....

Pretty sure the GMNDK just got caught in the crossfire when they nerfed the Knights. They most likely nerfed the 3++ of the Knight and then looked around like "which other big models can get such a good invulnerable save .... 2++ on a GMNDK?!?!?! NERF THAT!!"

See, I don't believe that. They would have had to actually open the GK codex to know we had that in the first place. 

There is some good stuff here. Ion shields being capped at 4++ and the fly change are the big ones. The Wraithseer getting T8 is nice though I doubt it's enough to bring him off the shelf.

There is also some crappy stuff like nerfs to Sisters and Grey Knights which need the opposite. Space marine vehicles losing Bolter Discipline sucks too as well as losing double firing Hellfire shells.

And then there is the bizarre missing stuff. The Taunar not losing the battle suit rule is pure insanity.

It's a pretty mixed bag.

What were the nerfs to sisters? I didn't see those

The repressor, arguably our best unit, got a major nerf now that locking it in combat stops the units inside from firing.

There are nerfs and then there are exploit corrections. A nerf, at least to me, is taking an intended ability/cost/method and reducing it. Taking care of a clear exploit isn't the same as a nerf, at least to me.

Does anyone know if the Phobos Captain/LT can swap their special bolters for an eligible relic like Primarchs Wrath? It wasnt adresssed in the FAQ and while I assume they can Ive always wondered if that wasnt the case.

Does anyone know if the Phobos Captain/LT can swap their special bolters for an eligible relic like Primarchs Wrath? It wasnt adresssed in the FAQ and while I assume they can Ive always wondered if that wasnt the case.

Why would you want to ?

Why would you want to ?

Conversions and to give them an extra oomph, its not like S4 AP0 is that good.

Daemon summoning being explicitly allowed on the first turn in Matched Play and the Master of Possession being able to cast Incursion to explicitly summon after moving are both quite nice. Now there is a tradeoff that may make summoning more worth it since first turn charges (or massive first turn flame barrages from Flamers) are more of a possibility and some other tricks to grab quick objectives are possible.

Word Bearers got a buff, since Voice of Lorgar affects the radius on Prayers to the Dark Gods now and summoning is better (5++ at 9"....YAY!!). They also avoided an unfair nerf since the Black Mace and Cursed Crozius can now both replace an Accursed Crozius.

Definitely some good changes in this one, correcting their ham fisted fly nerf being great news! Nerfing Eldar was long overdue and preventing flyers from blocking movement is definitely a positive.

The Castellan price increase is ludicrous, you may as well pay a bit more and take a Porphyrion instead. I think it’s effectivley removed Castellans from a lot of games rather than simply adjusted it.

Still no real help for Marines and taking the bolter bonus away from vehicles is daft.

On a side note, when anyone else reads the designers commentary do you think to yourselves “What planet do these guys live on that the consequences of that change took you by surprise?” The fly nerf needing to be rolled back was obvious to anyone reading it for the first time when it was introduced, how are these veteran games designers constantly caught out by this kind of thing?

Well this is disappointing as a SW player. There was extremely little that changed for us. I imagine most SM players feel the same.

Arguably an overall nerf for us yea, losing Bolter discipline on vehicles is really unfortunate. I wasn't really using our version of the smash captain as an assassin either so the fly reversal doesn't affect me too much.

On a side note, when anyone else reads the designers commentary do you think to yourselves “What planet do these guys live on that the consequences of that change took you by surprise?” The fly nerf needing to be rolled back was obvious to anyone reading it for the first time when it was introduced, how are these veteran games designers constantly caught out by this kind of thing?

Yea basically everytime they said something like, "We couldnt have forseen the affect" or "we underestimated how _____".