The Blood Angels ETL VII Campaign Awaits!

Jolemai

Hehehehe - oops. Just found another chaplain, 5 dc and and a dreadnought in a box. Built and undercoated already. More on the pile...

So long as it's doable :tu:

(I've added another Lieutenant...)

Found Lemartes I among my miniatures. He was technically painted, but not by me and I didn't like the paint job too much. Guess who will be joining my "black" vow :D

Sounds good, but is it "Disco" Lemartes or the current one? Only the latter suffers from the bling problem many of our models *can* suffer from...

Haha, well if it works for you both then great :thumbsup:

What other things are good about it? Why should we look into it, etc, etc?

Well, I've never used it before, but I would like to take advantage of the pre-defined checklist. I do remember (especially from the June grind) that it was sometimes difficult to remember what still needed to be done and in what order when I got a moment to sit down to painting. Hope this will help.

If it helps, it helps. The June grind is where dreams are made (or die...) after all. We just need to ensure we get a good start and don't let up like last year :tu:

If they would drop in points I would be on this so fast! But as it stands Bikes > RAS and in love bikes...

Ah, but which one is easier to paint? Honestly, I think I'd prefer to do some RAS but only because I haven't really got any (and no, I won't be doing any for this!)

If they would drop in points I would be on this so fast! But as it stands Bikes > RAS and in love bikes...

Ah, but which one is easier to paint? Honestly, I think I'd prefer to do some RAS but only because I haven't really got any (and no, I won't be doing any for this!)

Well I hope bikes aren't terrible bad to paint since They will be apart of my pledge :blush.:

Fortunately ETL revolves around looks, and point cost-to-effort ratio of the mini. Which makes Fragioso a pretty good choice :D

My Lemmy is the newest metal incarnation with lots of bling :D I expect him to be as hard as Astorath. Still I got lots of painting experience last year and Im counting on it to kick in and help.

Edit: I compared my current planned vows with my last year's efforts and it looks promisingly similar. If all goes well, I should be able to crank out three 800-900pts vows. If any time remains I can always add smaller vows of 3-5 models.

I'm super excited for this event :D

Edited by Majkhel

Means I've got time to get more white paint, the boy has had me use up all mine to turn a tennis ball into a Pokeball...

?? :woot:

I'll get time to get more cyanoacrylic glue for attaching stuff to bases. And maybe a paint-remover as well... Got one old Termie that really needs tripping

OK, how I missed this thread, I don't know... 

Good to see the BAs on the march - you've got a title to defend and the stakes are high. This is a special ETL too, as is the B&C 20th Anniversary this year... :)

Well I hope bikes aren't terrible bad to paint since They will be apart of my pledge :blush.:

Don't fully build them. Leave the fairings, etc, off and whatever you do, don't paint the trims!!!

Welp. I just built a furioso dread from the venerable dreadnought kit. Been a long time coming for the fragrioso.

Everyone was talking about dreads so here's to that. I haven't thought up a name yet though. I'll need a think on that one.

You can't help but kitbash atm :laugh.: excellent commitment to the cause, just don't overshoot!

Fragioso was my first 40k model. Too bad it's a bit underhwelming currently. :sweat:

Still looks good on the field though :)

Fancy a small vow this year?

Right, three weeks minus a weekend to clear the painting table - OK, the Sherman troop and the M163s will be tight, but a little historical drab green will break up the red even if I'm not fully done.

Plus any building... Try to get it in beforehand if you can!

1st June till 1st September

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355905-etl-vii-is-coming/?p=5312418

Sooo late!!!! Got to embrace the Rage but still keep it locked away for almost 3 more weeks. Truly, a feat worthy of Amit the Flesh Tearer himself!

Means I've got time to get more white paint, the boy has had me use up all mine to turn a tennis ball into a Pokeball...

?? :woot:

I'll get time to get more cyanoacrylic glue for attaching stuff to bases. And maybe a paint-remover as well... Got one old Termie that really needs tripping

Well i'm glad it starts late! This almost went over my head and now i need to get cranking out on my unbuilts :biggrin.:

Folks, think of this as bonus prep time and use it wisely - you can be sure our opponents will be! Plan it, get in what you need, build what you need, undercoat what you need. Plan twice, paint once (or something...)

Good Luck guys, with the later start this year I can only take place mid June to Mid July - about 4 - 5 weeks of paint time - I'll be keeping my vow small!

All vows big or small are welcomed with open arms. No small vow is insignificant; it gets something off your table and helps boost our score. @Xenith just do what you can, when you can and it will be fine :)

Fragioso was my first 40k model. Too bad it's a bit underhwelming currently. :sweat:

Still looks good on the field though :smile.:

It indeed does!

No vow for me this year unfortunately. I'm busy with exams and stuff, don't really have much unpainted stuff for my Blood Angels and actually really want to start painting my daemons so I can try out AoS now that I bought a friend his beastmen for christmas. He's already waiting lol

Good Luck guys, with the later start this year I can only take place mid June to Mid July - about 4 - 5 weeks of paint time - I'll be keeping my vow small!

All vows big or small are welcomed with open arms. No small vow is insignificant; it gets something off your table and helps boost our score. @Xenith just do what you can, when you can and it will be fine :smile.:

We'll see, if my plan to take vehicles from basecoat -> tabletop ready in one day works, then I might smash it out. Better prepare some more models just in case...

Still looks good on the field though :smile.:

It indeed does!

No vow for me this year unfortunately. I'm busy with exams and stuff, don't really have much unpainted stuff for my Blood Angels and actually really want to start painting my daemons so I can try out AoS now that I bought a friend his beastmen for christmas. He's already waiting lol

:no::no: