BSB Speculation

ERJAK

Agreed, there is no build-up of anticipation or hype here. It's the same model they showed a month ago and now for another two weeks of dead air.

I suppose the penitent in the background shooting bolters (or similar) at least opens it up for speculation that they might get to trade up their heavy flamers to be cheaper.

Edited by A.T.

I think whats happened is (as said before) they where anticipating a few tweeks on the beta dex so started the BSB then realised that it needed a near total rewrite /re balance and so have pushed it back.  unfortunately they had already paintied themselves into a corner by already starting the BSB, so are now padding it until its back on schedule and they can go from BSB to codex preview....

So if we take todays BSB plus 2 of the Sister Amalias and another BSB, giving us a slippage of about 8 weeks or so, we can guess that they were expecting to release the sisters end of August / beginning of Sept

edit - I think that the next one, 14th Oct, will be the last and say something along the lines of wait until the codex previews come along.....

Edited by Slasher956

I think whats happened is (as said before) they where anticipating a few tweeks on the beta dex so started the BSB then realised that it needed a near total rewrite /re balance and so have pushed it back.  unfortunately they had already paintied themselves into a corner by already starting the BSB, so are now padding it until its back on schedule and they can go from BSB to codex preview....

I don't know. We pretty much knew we wouldn't be seeing a release until the end of this year since the very first announcement. I don't think they pushed anything back. I'm guessing instead that this is only a moderate size release and this is all they have to show.

That said, I am pretty disappointed that their preview this week is something they've already shown us, with no new info (and especially since I personally don't like Penitent Engines at all and don't plan to field any). At this point my guess is we've seen everything thats going to get released. Maybe we'll get a second wave next year?

Welp o think it's safe to say that the BSB will not have anything in it that isn't in the coming army box. No exorcist preview, no immolator previews. BSB is purely to showcase the army box.

There will be no new models/units. 2019 is purely to say that they got sisters into plastic. IF any new units come to the army, it won't be till next year or beyond.

Am so over this. This release is not for me. I do not NEED or want plastic of what I already have. Seriously considering not getting the army box now. I know I initially wanted the bix for the codex, but now I'm not so sure.

Hype for this is beyond dead; it is a dusty pile of bones.

If they wanted to do the PE twice, they should have given us rules for it- at least a teaser rule or two. That was a lost opportunity.

For me, that isn't incentive to sour grapes the whole release before I see the whole release. But it is definitely a lost opportunity for GW to continue generating hype, and I do understand the disappointment. 

I'm pretty damn sure there is an exorcist and an immo reboot; I'm not going back to double check, but I'm pretty sure we've already been told. They obviously aren't in the box, and I'm okay with that- but I'm sure they exist. Whether pics are being held back to give us some surprise on release day or in order to focus hype predominantly on the box, I don't know. Honestly? It's probably a combination- companies, like people rarely do anything for just one reason.

But while I had hoped for a few new units, I always tried to keep my expectations in check. I do the same thing with movies- keep your expectations low and you'll always be happy. Remember how everyone hated the last season of Game of Thrones? Well I loved it. Why? I expected it to be worse.

No you can argue that this attitude makes me a poor critic; it might even be true. But who's happier?

(PS- Not a personal slight- sorry if it comes across that way. I spend a fair amount of time on Dakka too, and sometimes, reaction to the negativity there gets misplaced here. Just trying to help ease some disappointment. Cheers) 

Welp o think it's safe to say that the BSB will not have anything in it that isn't in the coming army box. No exorcist preview, no immolator previews. BSB is purely to showcase the army box.

There will be no new models/units. 2019 is purely to say that they got sisters into plastic. IF any new units come to the army, it won't be till next year or beyond.

Am so over this. This release is not for me. I do not NEED or want plastic of what I already have. Seriously considering not getting the army box now. I know I initially wanted the bix for the codex, but now I'm not so sure.

Hype for this is beyond dead; it is a dusty pile of bones.

Penitent engines get a new melee weapon and new ranged options as well as upgrading to dual twin heavy flamers (spoiled in the artwork) it's not over just yet.

I've been waiting to long for all of this so even being disheartened by the absence of tank pics pics and this long tease, I'm staying stoked. Building my 5th and final sisters army since their beginning, I'm looking forward to them.

The new melee and ranged option is purely speculation based on artwork at this point. And the "upgrade" to two twin heavy flamers is only an upgrade if the points for the model overall stay the same or go down. I'm still going to get a few, but I'm not super excited about it.

It's a new, post 'no model, no rules' GW piece and was included even though there are dozens of different pengine pics that DON'T show off entirely new equipment options. Sure it's not technically a confirmation but basic pattern recognition says the new loadout is probably in the full kit.

As for twin heavy vs two heavy, nah. Even with their fragility, having the ability to actually kill stuff without a unit of guardsman in cover stonewalling their charges will be golden. My biggest hope is that those are actually immoflamers so they get run and shoot for a decently fast infantry barbecue unit with some hefty CQC followup.

I will concede that it really doesn't matter what they do with them, if they don't give them a halfway decent delivery system(whether that be durability, mobility, or expendability) they'll likely sit on the shelf.

They could potentially just come up with yet-anther-new-renamed-weapon-for-different-points i.e. the one thing I don't like about 8th (maybe the bloat started before but my last real experience was in 4th, which was really lightweight).

I'd love some more units with hefty flame weapons though.

I'd hold off on saying those are dual heavy flamers on each arm rather than two nozzles making up one heavy flamer. The points for that would be nuts.

The only way I could be more disappointed in all of this is if I have to buy a box of models I don't want just to get the dang codex.

My apologies for my dakkadakka worthy post yesterday. Got out the wrong side of bed and was in a mood all day.

That said. I am still disappointed that nothing we haven't already seen was shown and I do still believe the BSB won't show anything outside the army box till release.

Hoping to be wrong and we get a huge BSB right next to release showing all the stuff we haven't seen (Exos, Immos, Celestians etc-not new units) that will be released along side the box.

The week(s) before release will probably be sister week.

The penitent engine is looking nice.

Quite funny their CCWs are compared to ork tech - has combining an AM sentinel with an ork bot been such a common conversion?

I'd hold off on saying those are dual heavy flamers on each arm rather than two nozzles making up one heavy flamer. The points for that would be nuts.

The only way I could be more disappointed in all of this is if I have to buy a box of models I don't want just to get the dang codex.

Wouldn't have to be. Just call them 'penitent heavy flamers' and make them 0pts like they do with a bunch of other stuff.

And they could to. If the Invictor can have a 6 shot autocannon, 13 wounds with higher toughness and a better save, a dreadnought CQC, a number of other anti-infantry options, and fricken INFILTRATE for 136pts, A Pengine with dual twin heavy flamers and melee blades could justifiably be 80ish.

Going back and looking at the pics, I'd be comfortable saying they are 32 mm.

On another note, I hope that I will be able to field 1250-1500 by getting 2 of the box sets when release in a battalion detachment.

Edited by Dread

Going back and looking at the pics, I'd be comfortable saying they are 32 mm.

On another note, I hope that I will be able to field 1250-1500 by getting 2 of the box sets when release in a battling detachment.

Only if you already have 500+ points of metals already. Unless they DRAMATICALLY changed the statlines of SoB units that box is right around 432pts. Two of them will give you 860pts. If you take out all the equipment you wouldn't want to actually use (plasma pistols, powerswords, flamer, etc) You'd probably be looking at 800pts.

Only if you already have 500+ points of metals already. Unless they DRAMATICALLY changed the statlines of SoB units that box is right around 432pts. Two of them will give you 860pts. If you take out all the equipment you wouldn't want to actually use (plasma pistols, powerswords, flamer, etc) You'd probably be looking at 800pts.

I like my plasma pistol Sis. Sups... it upsets Marine players when you kill a marine with one shot..

ok plasma on characters is a no no for me....

bit I'm not looking forward to is (if I want to go to an ITC tournament) is rebasing / using base expanders on my 100+ girls!

... hrm... do we know what size base the priesty stuff will be on?.... oh hang on no models pre-viewed yet!