BSB Speculation

ERJAK

not BSB related... but not worth its own thread IMH

But looking at the xmas battleforces & the new SM/Chaos SC boxs.... I think we can make a guess of next years Sisters  SC box!   The contents of this army box just without the codex, dice & cards

Edited by Slasher956

not BSB related... but not worth its own thread IMH

But looking at the xmas battleforces & the new SM/Chaos SC boxs.... I think we can make a guess of next years Sisters SC box! The contents of this army box just without the codex, dice & cards

While them being monopose and lacking options is dissappointing for an SC! The raw model count would still make it a pretty decent value, which is why they'll either strip whatever models the sprues allow or they just won't make an SC! Box.

At least two I have not seen before: the Sacred Rose Sister pointing and carrying her boltgun, and the (Canoness?) with the Condemnor boltgun. The new PE doesn't excite me but all the others look quite good.

At least two I have not seen before: the Sacred Rose Sister pointing and carrying her boltgun, and the (Canoness?) with the Condemnor boltgun. The new PE doesn't excite me but all the others look quite good.

Yeah, as far as i can tell neither of those are in the box (although the Sister Superior or whatever she is does show up in the Chinese leak pics, or at least a variation of her does). The both look great.

They do look great, and my only niggle with the Exorcists (the helmet on the organist) can easily be replaced.

However, the Immolator, as mentioned in the other thread in News went from wow to NO in the time from seeing to comprehending the stained glass window. It is a nice touch and as a set piece I love it, but in the form it is on the tank it just does not do it for me. Please please let there be a better option.

Wow... Best. Tanks. Ever.

I had been worried when the Rhino didn't have the special top piece that they'd go less shrine. Instead, they dialed it up!

I had been tempted to buy an old immo and an old exorcist- giving me 2 of each; then I figured, I could get one of each of the new ones. Then they sold out faster than I could gather the funds. I'm glad they did, because now I'll get 2 of each new kit instead. My old versions will look small by comparison.

It's a bummer we have to wait. But I'm happy it's coming.

However, the Immolator, as mentioned in the other thread in News went from wow to NO in the time from seeing to comprehending the stained glass window. It is a nice touch and as a set piece I love it, but in the form it is on the tank it just does not do it for me. Please please let there be a better option.

Could just leave that entire piece off. I don't see why the turret wouldn't work fine without it.

Could just leave that entire piece off. I don't see why the turret wouldn't work fine without it.

If that is an option then I will take it, however looking at it the frame for it seems to be integrated with weapons mounts.

I am also not sure how turret like that contraption is. I know such things matter less in this edition but it would still feel weird to fixed facing forward only.

Anyone else noticing the extra heavy bolters that weren't an option before?

Edit: Taikishi did. Well at least that congirms new options for existing models. Dual twin heavy flamer pengines it is!

Edited by ERJAK

Huh, good point about the HB taikishi.  I hope they'll include the option not to use the hull HB in the codex rules due to the previous models, though. It's possible to add one of course but kind of an ugly hack with my modeling "skills".

Edited by tvih

My response if that options is there

....If they rules says my official model has it...then it has it...

If your going to complain then feel free to buy me the new one!

Edited by Slasher956

Okay. That im immolator look absolutely a-freaking-mazing! I've not been excited for anything this release until this moment.

Exorcist looks nice and while I've got 3 already, I might grab t h is one to act as a fancy Chamber Leader. Want a better look at the pipe organ bit as I adore that on the old one and can't see in the pic clearly how much of that aesthetic is retained.

I actually like the organists helmet. I'd like to make a foot trooper version of a sister with that helmet- maybe for a Kill Team or something. Same with the gunner head. You could then use the swapped out heads on the gunner and organist.

The stained glass is super easy to convert. The first step is cutting out the pane of glass itself; it's easy because the frame guides the cut. Once the pane is removed, the gunner will be exposed. The posts on the frame will still be super tall, so if you like the windowless look, you'll probably still want to shorten these down. If you don't want to go full on windowless, I see two options. First, you could cross cut it with a fret saw and a kitbash mitre box. Cut it just below the fleur de lys in the circles for a short window, or cut it below the four rounded diamonds beneath the fleurs for a medium length.

Cut to the medium length first, then refit it into the empty frame. If it's still too tall, cut it to the short length. Either way, you'll want to finish the conversion by appropriately resizing the posts on the frame.

I always like distinguishing a command vehicle for every squadron. So for every 3 immos, one has the full glass and the other two as mediums.

I love the old Exorcist, actually it was what got me interested in the Sisters line of models. The helmet on the new one isn't doing it for me, the old one had so much passion for whatever they were playing. Also, the missiles poking out of the tubes seems weird to me.

As for the immo, it looks cool as a one-of centerpiece, but maybe too much for a line transport. Sorta surprised I'm saying that since I love the ornate look usually. Maybe I'll like it more when I see one in person. The flamers look pretty great I think.

The one downside to such awesome vehicles is that I still don't like the look of my Argent Shroud vehicles! I wish I could paint proper good-looking silvery vehicles (I know it's possible). The black scheme on these just looks so fantastic by comparison.

Anyone else wondering if those front heavy bolters might have the Trinity options for that weapon point just like the turret?  I'm getting a vibe that sisters are taking a cue from IG on this one.  Chimeras also have a front weapon port like this, with limited options.

The one downside to such awesome vehicles is that I still don't like the look of my Argent Shroud vehicles! I wish I could paint proper good-looking silvery vehicles (I know it's possible). The black scheme on these just looks so fantastic by comparison.

Have you tried the silver spray from GW with a wash of Nuln Oil?  I did that for the under panels for my Imperial Knights, and it looks good.  Obviously you'll need to do a little more than that to break up the monotony, maybe pick out details or large sections with a bright silver, red, and white.

Edited by ValourousHeart