BSB Speculation

ERJAK

The exorcist will make a good 'mistress of the choir', hopefully the tops of the missiles are optional.

The window on the immolator is just waaaaaaay to high. Can probably be built in a less over the top way by chopping it and the seat back down and leaving off the shrine ... which looks a lot like the old forgeworld ephrael statue.

Gameplay concern with the immolator is that all the extra bling is going to make it too expensive to use as a transport, unless it's now armed like a full-on hellhound.

On the up-side they are so absurdly big you could use them to block LoS to other smaller units, like landraiders and knights.

So what are the odds that the front mounted heavy weapon comes as standard as a way to force existing players conditioned into WYSIWYG to have to get new tanks?

Well, d'uh.
After 22 years of converting metal Sisters if anyone thinks I can't put a heavy bolter on a rhino chassis someone needs to volunteer to become an arco flagelant. Edited by dracpanzer

I double-checked. There's no promise of rules in the BSB coming out in 8 days. All we're told is it's the final installment. As for the Cherub rules, the last BSB says this:

"Yet not all of the cherubs are merely decorative – some of them even have in-game abilities! The Armorium Cherubs of the Retributor Squads, in particular, enable you to give your opponent a nasty surprise…

…which you’ll be able to read all about in the full, new codex, that’s included in the hotly anticipated Adepta Sororitas: Sisters of Battle Army Set, available next month."

Odds are the last BSB will absolutely be on the Immolator and Exorcist

Edited by taikishi

So what are the odds that the front mounted heavy weapon comes as standard as a way to force existing players conditioned into WYSIWYG to have to get new tanks?

Well, d'uh.
After 22 years of converting metal Sisters if anyone thinks I can't put a heavy bolter on a rhino chassis someone needs to volunteer to become an arco flagelant.

Some people haven't got 22 years of experience, though. Just because you're able to sidestep the issue doesn't everyone can do it.

I double-checked. There's no promise of rules in the BSB coming out in 8 days. All we're told is it's the final installment. As for the Cherub rules, the last BSB says this:

"Yet not all of the cherubs are merely decorative – some of them even have in-game abilities! The Armorium Cherubs of the Retributor Squads, in particular, enable you to give your opponent a nasty surprise…

…which you’ll be able to read all about in the full, new codex, that’s included in the hotly anticipated Adepta Sororitas: Sisters of Battle Army Set, available next month."

Odds are the last BSB will absolutely be on the Immolator and Exorcist

Either my memory is faulty or whc changed the post ....both are valid options! :p

However put like that...yep looks likely the BSB will be the immolator and exorcist with 0 extra info... :(

I think there will be a tiny bit of extra info- they usually write a small blurb about one particular feature, and maybe a close up shot. It won't be much, but it will be something. The other thing they might tell us is if certain pieces are options or auto include.

But yeah, definitely Immolator or Exorcist. There will also be a faction focus prior to the release, which will contain some rule teasers. The BSB is the 18th; that's the week before the pre-release, so that's likely when we'll see it. And we get to put the new models together on the 30th!

Almost there!

Your dates are off.  The last BSB was on 10/28, which makes the next one on 11/11, and they told us that will be the last BSB.

So if the last BSB is on 11/11, the the pre-order will most likely go up on 11/16.  And given GW's track record for big releases this past year, then that 11/11 BSB will kick off a week of previews and hints about the upcoming release.

Then it is just a question of if this will be a 2 week pre-order (release date 11/30) or a 1 week pre-order (release date 11/23).

They’ve already infered that the release date is the 30th Nov (said that we’d get our hands on the codex on that day)

With GWs history it’ll be 1 week pre order

That late in the year?

There are full release weeks through the 14th.

Your dates are off. The last BSB was on 10/28, which makes the next one on 11/11, and they told us that will be the last BSB.

So if the last BSB is on 11/11, the the pre-order will most likely go up on 11/16. And given GW's track record for big releases this past year, then that 11/11 BSB will kick off a week of previews and hints about the upcoming release.

Then it is just a question of if this will be a 2 week pre-order (release date 11/30) or a 1 week pre-order (release date 11/23).

We don't have to guess. All the releases for the year are out there in the wild. It comes out the 30th.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2019/10/40k-leaks-for-novemberdecember-with.html?m=1

Edited by ERJAK

So Sisters on the 30th, and a week later the Battleforces? I thought GW wanted to make money, but that close some people are going to have to pick one or the other,

Then again, the FLGS still have a few of the old Battleforces, so I guess they won't be flying off the shelves.

So Sisters on the 30th, and a week later the Battleforces? I thought GW wanted to make money, but that close some people are going to have to pick one or the other,

Then again, the FLGS still have a few of the old Battleforces, so I guess they won't be flying off the shelves.

Depends on the battleforce. The DoK battlefore from last year sold out in like an hour and goes for well over retail at the moment. The stormcast one people cared so little about I'm not even gonna bother looking it up.

I only ever wanted plastic sisters because of the assumption they'd be cheaper. I'm not so sure that assumption is even remotely true any more.

That ship sailed a long time ago, last metal guardsmen I bought were the same price as the plastics. 10 man battle sisters squads are about the only thing that could conceivably be cheaper in plastic now.

I wasn't thrilled yet with the things we've been shown, after all the stuff that GW is throwing out at the moment that blows me away, I was waiting to have that feeling from something on the Sisters side. It took a while but we got there with these. 

Still not sure of the Repentia (that I'm not even sure I'd field) and the Arco-flagellants (that I was sure from the beta codex that I did). Love the regular Sisters and the Seraphim, even the characters now that they're painted seem good. The vehicle goodness actually makes me more excited for the release as a whole where as before I was waiting on the "if the Codex is good then I might take a look" into more of a "don't care about the Codex is the vehicles and troops look cool."

So the box set is back to being $210? I recall some people swore it was going to be $175 and that $210 was in AUD. Well, seeing as BotP is $230 -> 180€, at the same rate of conversion the Sisters box would be 165€. With a bit of a FLGS discount (assuming I can even get it there) that'd still be 140€ which is certainly more than I was hoping to be paying for it. And then if i buy it I suppose I'll just be kicking myself when the same models become available in a SC box for much less money :ermm:

Looking at the prices of recent releases in general I reckon too many people have been paying ForgeWorld prices and they finally figured they can just do the same with their main brand... :tongue.:

Except wasn't it clarified recently that this wasn't the LE version of the Codex, just an alternate art cover?

it’s the fully updated new edition of Codex: Adepta Sororitas, with special cover art exclusive to this set!

but isnt that the same as the Ltd Eds?  A different cover?

So, I think I might have to swap the helmet for the exorcist pilot out, so I can have a squad of Celestians with those helmets...

I imagine 2nd hand is going to be costly... I wonder if I can make a mold of it?

I mean if I end up with one of the new exorcists you can have the head from mine in exchange for a head or 2 from a BSS kit or something :D Though I already have 3 metal exorcists and I hardly need a 4th . . .