+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Update.

I have finally finished one portion of my vow. A little concerned of my snail pace lol.

Fantastic conversion! Very unique! The warp trails around the claw are fantastic. Great job!

EDIT: I imagine the blade having an inscription: "Requiescat in pace" :biggrin.:

Edited by Majkhel

Query. When's the next weekly update again?

Well, the cut-off will be some time on Saturday, the actual update will be posted on Sunday (it takes some time to put together).

The cut-off point is always clearly announced and is usually late on Saturday (Greek time).

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The snail pace is coupled with godly paint jobs, though.

That's a hell of a conversion though, and beautifully painted too. I'm normally pretty good at spotting bits, but this one has me stumped! Blood Angels contemptor chest, shoulders and hips, while I think the blade is possibly from a galatus contemptor, along with the greaves with a gem converted over the eagle? (*very* nicely done if so!)

The sword housing has me somewhat stumped though, the right arm housing and elbow I think is from the Furioso kit, but the ring normally has notches for the fingers so that's got me. And lastly the shoulder book! No idea. Very cleverly done.

The book is from the phased-out Librarian in Terminator armor:
Terminator_Librarian_front1.JPG

One of the biggest there is, if not THE biggest. Great idea to put it on such a mighty frame.

No idea about the ring either :tongue.: There may be have been some clever cutting employed...

Edited by Majkhel

That's a hell of a conversion though, and beautifully painted too. I'm normally pretty good at spotting bits, but this one has me stumped! Blood Angels contemptor chest, shoulders and hips, while I think the blade is possibly from a galatus contemptor, along with the greaves with a gem converted over the eagle? (*very* nicely done if so!)

The sword housing has me somewhat stumped though, the right arm housing and elbow I think is from the Furioso kit, but the ring normally has notches for the fingers so that's got me. And lastly the shoulder book! No idea. Very cleverly done.

Majkhel has it right for the book. I had an old metal version of that librarian lying around from years ago. You're spot on for all the parts you named. the sword and greaves are indeed from the galatus. The blood drop is milliput after I shaved off the eagle. The sword arm is from the Furioso kit.

The sword housing is just another contemptor fist/claw arm but cut, and flipped around.

I mentioned that I have one Captain to finish along with the vehicles for my vow and I got started on him yesterday. Here's the WIP so far:

vTt8GRm.jpg

If I can get him finished tomorrow he'll be my Everchosen entry.

As he's going to be played with Death Visions I wanted to make sure he had some Death Company elements but not to be too black. I think this scheme leaves him looking Captainey enough.

I'm slowly making progress on my multiple infantry. Basecoat is done for all, except Sanguinor, shading is done on both Captains, Inceptors and 4/11 Termies.

I will post a picture once I have a step or two ready across the vow.

I also got sick along the way with temperature binding me to bed. But I refuse to back down! After all 38°C is akin to a chilly morning on Baal Secundus, right?

Edited by Majkhel

Thanks :) I don't expect to win anything - I really should've spent more than 2 days if I wanted that - but for the time he took I'm happy with how he looks as a centrepiece for my vow. I just saw how grainy the photo itself is though, sorry for that. I'll see if I have a better quality pic on the phone but I only snapped a few briefly before taking him in and won't get to take fresh pictures as he'll be on display with the others in the store for 3 weeks.

As for the rest of my vow it really is down to finishing the vehicles now (Lib Dread, LS Storm, Storm Raven, Command Tanks). I'll be working on them over the weekend and probably won't have them all finished in time for the weekly update but the aim is to get them done in the next few days and then be able to make a fresh vow.

Completed my Captain at 02:45 this morning ready for Everchosen today. Had to glue a few bits together before I took it to my local store then knocked over my mixing water pot all over it. Luckily it was clean water so no damage done!

I wasn't expecting to win, but was deep down hoping that there would be some weak entries, so that may get a vote or two However everything already at my local was brilliant. Also there was a couple of Blood angel Lieutenants there that were amazing, so I'vegot no chance!

The worst bit for me was in store my red looked really bright, too bright for my liking. I spoke to a guy that had one of the Blood Angels Lieutenants in the competition and he told me how he did his red, which to me, seemed perfect. I re-started my Blood Angels just over a year ago from starting in 2nd edition. I did this because I wanted everything to look uniform throughout and not have different and poor paint styles from when I first got into the hobby. Now it's disheartening that there is a way I like better. I'm an extremely slow painter and have only really got a tactical squad (almost) done in my new way, but can't bear the thought of changing my colour scheme again and this Captain and my tactical squad not fitting in. So do I just bite the bullet and change and have to do what I've already done and taken an age to do it again, or just stick with what I've got!

Anyway, here's a couple of hastily taken pictures.

gallery_27153_15548_91265.jpg

gallery_27153_15548_332227.jpg

gallery_27153_15548_132716.jpg