+++Agents of the Imperium Outpost+++

Time to bite the bullet and begin the hard part of this series of vows, the numbers:

I, librisrouge, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Agents of the Imperium and vow to complete: 18 Inquisition Acolytes, organized into three squads of six, each equipped with storm bolters, for a total value of 180 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_53428_15422_1604259.jpg

I want to get this entire 2k inquisition army completed this summer and these guys are the part I'm looking forward to least. I'm not good with painting numbers. Why I play Imperial Guard is a little beyond me at times (because they're sexy) but I love these Necromunda models and they make such awesome acolytes. I just wish I could make more than just 18 of them but the Rule of 3 caps me out there. Ah, well.

Edited by librisrouge

Wow, librisrouge, that's amazing speed there! Congratulations on your completion and I sure hope you make your 2k mark! 

@ Gore Crow: Those look very promising, very promising indeed! Keep going! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here's an update from my Allarus: 

The gold is done, I've moved on to the silver. Once the metallics are out of the way, things will go a bit faster. I'll also block some colours in, to get a better feel for the overall composition. 

Custodes4

Custodes5

Custodes6

On a side note: Had my first Custodes game tonight and actually won - 1,250 pts pure Custodes vs plasma-heavy All-Primaris. Woohoo. Need to paint more! :)

@Kenzaburo - I love your gold work, it makes those Allarus suits look like real heavy hardware!

You're also right about everything speeding up once the metallics are done. I'm excited to hopefully have my first custodes finished this week! I've just got to finish the gems and decide how I'm going to do the blades and bases.

I'm probably going to strip those guardians at the back too as they were my first gold recipe trial and they look bad, so that's the start of second vow if the bikes don't take too long. :wink:  

Ju1jAMjl.jpg

Those look great, mate! Also thanks for the kind words.

Temperatures are skyrocketing in Germany this week, so I'm not so certain how much I'll get done. I'll also be in London for the weekend, attending a Cult of Paint painting class at Bad Moon Cafe, but I won't work on the Custodes there. Still, I hope to come back from that with even more painting knowledge, that I can use for the Emperor's Lions.

Until then I might stick to some base building and building my Achillus Contemptor for a possible second vow. :)

I gotta say though, it's kinda cool that we are doing so well in the first month of ETL - thanks to libris and his insane speedpainting skills. Maybe we can get some more of our ranks tojoin in this great event. 

@Kenzaburo - I love your gold work, it makes those Allarus suits look like real heavy hardware!

You're also right about everything speeding up once the metallics are done. I'm excited to hopefully have my first custodes finished this week! I've just got to finish the gems and decide how I'm going to do the blades and bases.

I'm probably going to strip those guardians at the back too as they were my first gold recipe trial and they look bad, so that's the start of second vow if the bikes don't take too long. :wink:  

I'm in the same boat with having different gold recipes I've used over time, can I ask what you use to strip the models? Wardens are looking real good!

Thanks Gore Crow! I was worried about damaging the models as I've heard stripping plastic models is trickier than metal, as the model is softer. We'll see if I get to the point where I finish what's unpainted, probably not.

I feel like I've made less progress than most, but I take consolation in the fact that this does seem to be the most fast-paced forum. I'm happy with what I've done however, as a basing scheme for my custodes was a challenge. Without further ado:

med_gallery_104446_15592_129917.jpg
med_gallery_104446_15592_46027.jpg
med_gallery_104446_15592_94199.jpg
Because my custodes aren't glued onto the plastic base directly I had to finish the bases before continuing as long as I wanted to use the handy citadel painting clamp. It's definitely a bit of work as the white stone is leftover marble tile normally used as a countertop backsplash or similar. It's also quite thick and unless I want my models to sit extremely high most of the pieces have to be inset into the bases. This means I have to cutaway most of the plastic base where the marble sits which alone is a chore. The benefit is a base that is naturally heavy, and provides my custodes a small height advantage as is befitting of such models. Next step is some washing and highlighting!
On a similar note I used the wardens for the first time in 3 games last weekend and was extremely happy with them every time - I doubt I'll make a list without them again! Landing 15 successful wounds onto a Great Unclean One with only 16 attacks from 4 models is simply wonderful. I also debuted both assassins in different matches, and while they are more specialized they also proved their worth.
Edited by burningsky25

I'm really happy to see the Custodes in such productive mood! Keep going guys and hopefully more will join your cause!

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

good progress, burningsky. :) The bases look good - I agree that something a bit more regal is quite befitting for the Custodes.

I also agree on the wardens - although i had mine equipped with spears. I think, they are proper beasts and as I do not play competitively, I don't worry as much about point costs. I need to get another squad with axes.

I also found a land raider in a drawer yesterday (yay) that I might use for the Custodes - I kinda don't like the look of the FW tanks, the LR is grittier and screams more warhammer, I feel. Might not be cost-effective, but it's still a beast, if your meta is not just knights and melta everywhere. :)

@burningsky - Those bases look great! Well worth spending the extra time on them.

And yeah, I am definitely not the fastest painter either, so I don't mind seeing everyone's WIP little by little.

@Kenzaburo - I know what you mean about the LR, it's so iconic! I will also probably end up getting one too as my local meta is not bleeding edge competitive.

Edited by Gore Crow

Inspired by those bases, I based my Allarus as well. Temperature is at a lovely (not really) 32 degrees Celsius, so no painting today. But at least that step is done now. I hate basing.

Allarus Bases

@Gore Crow: Great, would love to see more LRs in Custodes armies, even though painting an almost entirely golden tank is somewhat scary. :)

I TheFinisher4Ever rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Agents of the Imperium and vow to complete: 1 Caldius Grav Tank with Illiastus Accelerator Cannon, 1 Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor with Castellan Axe, 1 squad of 3 Wardens with Castellan Axes, 1 squad of 3 Saggitarum and 1 Squad of 3 Vertus Praetor's with 2 hurricane bolters and 1 salvo launcher of total value 1,118 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

I'm biting off a lot but I think I can do it.

gallery_85068_15623_316656.jpg

And that vow is complete:

med_gallery_53428_15422_736897.jpg

med_gallery_53428_15422_174484.jpg

med_gallery_53428_15422_845173.jpg

med_gallery_53428_15422_1622601.jpg

I'm not 100% satisfied with how they turned out but oh well. I'm going on vacation for a week with the missus a bit so I figure I'll vow my last one when we get back. Only two land raiders and an inquisitor to go and I'll have a 2k Agents army ready to start taking to tournaments and getting my butt whipped with.

Welcome finisher - let the Golden Legion advance! Good luck with this very, VERY promising project! 

@ librisrouge: A very welcome completion! Now you've done 4 out of the maximum 5... Any plans for the last one?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FITFTH WEEKLY UPDATE

ONLY 48HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES