+++The Lost and the Damned Outpost+++

Pics were promised and pics are delivered... Still a ways to go, but the carapace is almost done (barring some pitting maybe). I have a lot of green stuff work to do. I promised myself I wouldn't do much in the way of mutations and yet again I've lied to myself.

I didn't snap pics of it really, but the Knight has a prominent gut much like my mutated Questoris. On the side are three leech-like mouths which I plan on having the tubing from the mutated Incinterator lead into. That will prove to be a challenge in and of itself with disassembly, painting and reassembly. Oh boy!

Anyhow, onto the pics! And apologies for the stand-in uh... stand. This tall boy is VERY top heavy!

mn1Yiqn.jpg

LizzMXI.jpg

NvpfbE5.jpg

HubM907.jpg

gzsajO4.jpg

NBpcGj3.jpg

Anwe5lV.jpg

35ymt0G.jpg

WciRYdc.jpg

Told you guys I wasn't idle :D

I'm probably going to pull my hair out with the paint phase, but that's a while off. I've still got a lot of modeling to do yet. Hopefully I'll have this finished on time but either way I'm just happy to finally work on it. It's been sitting in it's box for almost a year (purchased just after last ETL).

Hello everyone,

Work is proceeding apace on my vow. I completed a 2nd batch of Disciples, bringing my total up to 12. Now I only have 10 more Renegades and Heretics troopers to go!

Here are some images and some background fluff for my little dudes of Chaos:

My 6 Completed Disciples: Pater the Enforcer, Trooper Gaur, lascannon gunners Kurx and Svar, Sgt. Zoica, and Comms Officer Enok

gallery_88062_14499_120415.jpg

Pater is a former Ecclesiarchy Priest who went over to the other side. Now he is just as zealous in his worship of Slaanesh as he was in his worship of the Corpse God.

gallery_88062_14499_35923.jpg

Pater whips himself into a bloody frenzy by self-flagellating with the flail you see here. He then leads the Chaos Militia in headlong charges at the foe.

gallery_88062_14499_1410.jpg

When he reaches the enemy, he unsheathes his power sword, "Excess," from his back and hacks away.

Kurx and Svar are Catachan ex Imperial Guard troopers. During a years long siege of Anthos V, they just went stir crazy, fragged a Commissar, stole a shuttle, and made for the stars.

gallery_88062_14499_35972.jpg

They ended up living the (Chaos) mercenary life. The Nostroman 9th puts their heavy weapon expertise to good use, skills which were underutilized by the Catachans.

Sergeant Zoica is distant cousin to the Nostroman 9th's leader, Dnegrah

gallery_88062_14499_54162.jpg

Like Dnegrah she was raised on stories of the good old days when the train ran on time and Konrad Curze kept the streets safe. She is bitter at what she sees as the Imperium's unjust assassination of the Night Haunter. Zoica wants all worshippers of the Corpse God to pay for his murder. As she blasts the foe with her laspistol and chops them apart with her adze she often screams "This is for Night Haunter bitches!"

Vox Officer Enok speaks over a dozen languages and his knowledge of the comms network helps keep the 9th's leaders in contact with their troops.

gallery_88062_14499_25500.jpg

Whenever Warpsmith Hoth is incapacitated (this happens a lot if enemy snipers are around), Vox Officer Enok steps in. He uses his ability to speak Binary and gives orders to the warband's Daemon Engines Deffy, Mary, BloodLady, and 888.

Trooper Gaur and his Ork head Gibbon. Gaur and Gibbon are mates and sporebrothers. Gibbon was beheaded by an Eldar splinter rifle...

gallery_88062_14499_801.jpg

...but Ork physiology being what it is, Gibbon is still alive. He's Gaur's good mate so Gaur carries him everywhere. This makes everyone in the Nostroman 9th a little annoyed because Gibbon won't shut up about the rise and soon-to-come fall of the Imperium.

And, as a final image, here is a WIP shot of my next batch of Disciples.

gallery_88062_14499_57972.jpg

Nostroman 9th, "Hell's Horde!"

Edited by Tallarn Commander

I usually do my updates on Sundays, but considering my day is full tomorrow I thought I'd do it today instead.

W8V765v.jpg

0oqi6KZ.jpg

qs502Oq.jpg

CdcjW7P.jpg

XT63wIw.jpg

It's been a productive week with this beast. While it may not seem like too much when looking at the overall image, it involved a lot of green stuff work. The body has extensive work done to it (the gut region and beyond). The Incinterator is pretty much done. I thought I had completed it before, but last night I came up with the idea of... I don't know what they are, vents? Hives? On either side of the gun with swarms spilling out.

xvZK8WD.jpg

While I was at it, I added another mouth to the bottom of the gun and bulked it up overall, filling it out a bit. I do admit, the mouth has a "dentata" Slaaneshi feel to it, heh.

zgMatJu.jpg

lbqVdeH.jpg

I've also done work to the Harpoon arm. The spear itself is finished and I'm actually pretty happy with the results. It wouldn't look right in it's stock form but I couldn't really come up with a fully organic solution, so this was my compromise. It consists of a Bloat Drone Rotor Spike and claws from Plague Drones as the "anchors". The result is mechanical while still feeling Nurgle.

I still have to score the armour plating for the shoulders and legs. Which reminds me, I have widened the stance a bit. I don't know if I'll do too much work with the lower half, maybe some hanging cables or something but no mutation.

vVZBTmc.jpg

One more thing... I got a goodie from a buddy of mine last night. Looking forward to this!

Excellent progress everyone! :tu:

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE SIXTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE SEVENTH WEEKLY UPDATE

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A work of horrific beauty! Your model's flail is a bit bigger than my model's flail. :)

Lol... well it's actually a big ass harpoon but I'm sure in desperate situations it could swing it around. It would definitely leave a mark.

Mid-week update because, well... this is pretty significant.

With the armour plating all properly distressed and corrupted, the Tyrant is now ready for priming and paint.

Na3QGMx.jpg

zXJO2cv.jpg

uO0rPEe.jpg

rsv5JYs.jpg

I'm not sure when I'll be able to spray this sucker, we've got severe thunderstorms coming through for the next couple days. I'm eager to start this!

Duskraider, I'm really enjoying watching progress on your vow!

I finished up Batch 3 of 4 of Disciples. Now I only have 5 more Disciples to paint and my vow is complete.

Here are some pictures...

Troopers Gorthor, Angash, and Mal; Gunner Sek, Trooper Watwr

gallery_88062_14499_127242.jpg

Raised on a feral world where the shamans practiced Chaos magic, Trooper Angash is a whirling dervish with his two axes.

gallery_88062_14499_7069.jpg

His beloved mama knitted the grey scarf you see here. He misses her fiercely but when the Necromundan 9th came calling the shamans told him it was his duty to join up.

Trooper Gorthor can decimate the foe at range with autogun and autopistol

gallery_88062_14499_8431.jpg

And then when the enemy closes he can chop them down with the large blade you see strapped to his back.

Trooper Mal, seen crouching here with his autogun during operations by the Nostroman 9th during the Assault on Lutum

gallery_88062_14499_46751.jpg

Gunner Sek, while proficient in all types of small arms, hopes to someday become an ordained Chaos preacher

gallery_88062_14499_24964.jpg

Trooper Watwr is a fierce believer in the Dark Omnissiah. He has begun adding bionic parts to his body, starting with his arm.

gallery_88062_14499_4659.jpg

He works closely with the Nostroman 9th's Warpsmiths to keep the unit's sentinels and Russes in good condition.

And here is a WIP shot of my last batch of Disciples...

gallery_88062_14499_42615.jpg

Nostroman 9th, "Hell's Horde!"

Great progress guys - that Tyrant looks awesome Dusk Raider! And those Disciples are the stuff of nightmares Tallarn! 

Excellent to see progress here guys - keep it up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi everyone,

I finished up my 1st vow of R&H! My last batch of Disciples is completed. Here are some pics:

A shot of all 5: Trooper Skara, Corporal Bale, Troopers Oracle, Duqud, and Wirewolf

gallery_88062_14499_60456.jpg

And Excessus gave me a great idea, paint a helmet white with blood drops...

gallery_88062_14499_13502.jpg

Trooper Wirewolf, Disciple of Khorne

gallery_88062_14499_6356.jpg

Front and back of Corporal Bale

gallery_88062_14499_41095.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_51299.jpg

Trooper Duqud with meltagun

gallery_88062_14499_15859.jpg

And Trooper Oracle, and expert at using human entrails to augur the future

gallery_88062_14499_34228.jpg

Here are some shots of all 22 models from my 1st vow...

gallery_88062_14499_129982.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_19890.jpg

And for fun I set up all 160ish completed Renegades and Heretics infantry along with their sentinels, Earthshaker Carriages, and Spawn

The Nostroman 9th Mercenary Company all its hideous glory

gallery_88062_14499_132658.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_187184.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_85388.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_140716.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_36796.jpg

I'll post my 2nd vow, a pair of R&H Leman Russes, soon.

Enjoy the pics!