Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Triszin

723 days before june 2nd, would be june 9th 2017, which places it at about the release of 8th edition? Preorders were on the 3rd, while it was released on the 17th?

Which makes sense, but is perhaps a bit boring :tongue.:

It would actualy make lots of sense if we assume they implied 8th edition to be the Primaris Lieutenant edition. ^^

723 days before june 2nd, would be june 9th 2017, which places it at about the release of 8th edition? Preorders were on the 3rd, while it was released on the 17th?

Which makes sense, but is perhaps a bit boring :P

Its definitely a possibility. The Twitter address has been posting fairly regularly since the article hopefully they look at them soon.

Which makes sense, but is perhaps a bit boring :P

Its definitely a possibility. The Twitter address has been posting fairly regularly since the article hopefully they look at them soon.

My new favourite joke Twitter account. Some real gems there.

They’d have to let people convert models again before you get those rules.

Or release a Gravis Lt.

I'm going to guess that Rohr was referring more to the Thunder Hammer comment, since a Gravis lieutenant is pretty likely given that we know there's a second Phobos model on the way in addition to all the various Mark X lieutenants.

As to that Thunder Hammer bit though, given that Intercessor sergeants have had a growing number of melee options despite the base Intercessor kit not coming with any of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see the inevitable Gravis lieutenant have access to weapons options that aren't in the box, as long as there is SOME Primaris unit that has them. And since I still think we'll see an actual Primaris equivalent of TH+SS Terminators at about the same time we see a Gravis lieutenant, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the lieutenant's rules allow him to take one of those Thunder Hammers for himself.

Now the only question is WHEN - I've been just expecting the Phobos line we saw in the teaser as well as some multi-part Suppressors, but those last couple of tweets have me thinking we might see a few new Gravis units as well.

but those last couple of tweets have me thinking we might see a few new Gravis units as well.

We very well might, the Shadowspear lineup already wasn't fully Phobos (Suppressors), so I don't think the Primaris stuff will necessarily be released like the SCE chambers

But we already have most of the Gravis stuff. We have a Gravis Captain. We have a Gravis Heavy Support and Fast Attack. So a Gravis LT and Librarian plus a Gravis Troop would be all that’s needed to bring Gravis to the level of Phobos in terms of unit types and options.

Remember the rumor at the end of last year? Talked about getting a transport, tank kit (executioner), unit of fast moving 1 man vehicles and a close combat focused squad of some kind... oh and a small aerial vehicle. Sprinkle in multipart kits of everything in Shadowspear and a few surprises they might just round out the Primaris with the release of the next codex.

Do you think they have a suite of special characters ready to release with the codex? That’s already a big release.

I’m hoping. My fear is the codex will release... new stuff will be there... but we won’t round out the rest until the next Shadowspear type release. I E complete Primaris in 2 years or so on the 3rd codex.