Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Triszin

An update for what Lieutenants can take is obviously coming. Even besides the fact that Intercessor Sergeants completely eclipse Lieutenants in what gear they can take (being able to take everything they can + then some), there's also the fact that the recent event exclusive Lieutenant Amulius has an iron halo. So an update is pretty much guaranteed.

Wether such an update would include all the things teased, is another matter, but why tease them if not?

I’m just hoping they get with the times and let Intercessors take bolt carbines. Absolutely zero reason why any infantry rifle squad shouldn’t have carbines, rifles, stalkers, and automatic weapons intermixed in. Especially since Primaris squads are meant to be even more specialized and capable of operating independently than normal space marines. Edited by Marshal Rohr

I’m just hoping they get with the times and let Intercessors take bolt carbines. Absolutely zero reason why any infantry rifle squad shouldn’t have carbines, rifles, stalkers, and automatic weapons intermixed in. Especially since Primaris squads are meant to be even more specialized and capable of operating independently than normal space marines.

Isn’t the bolt Carbine and the auto bolt rifle the same? I have been seriously wanting to put some bolt carbines on intercessors to run them as either Intercessors or Rievers. Mostly because I love the bolt carbine and do not care for Phobos armor that much.

So, it looks like 7/24 isn't going to bring anything more than 7/23, which was nothing...

I guess at this point we can assume that the Primaris wave 2.5 will be part of the Warhammer Record Day preview on 8/3, with some of it potentially being part of the next day's pre-order preview, before eventually being available on 8/17? (At the earliest).

On the upside, I guess we can figure on the Space Marine releases being done by September as it won't be more than a month or two after that before the Sisters will launch and as much thought as GW has put into their release, I don't think they'd want to crank up the hype train for a range of power-armored Imperium soldiers right on the heels of expanding another range of power-armored Imperium soldiers.

I would like LT and upgrades sprues for the rest of the chapters before potato lt. ;)

I'd like it if they kept making the chapter sprues, and then introduced upgrade sprues for the different armor types. So for example a Phobos sprue that would give new options for reivers, infiltrators, and the the phobos characters.

Yeah I totally bought into the episode number alluding to dates. Oh well.

I wanted to believe, too!

We all did. Honestly I think it was because GW rarely puts numbers, like actual numbers like 723 instead of words of numbers in Warhammer Community articles, people thought it meant something

The articles on WarCom yesterday felt like filler to be honest.

But still if rumours are somewhat correct about new codex, we should be getting news soon. (I hope)

Edited by Sete

Yeah I've been checking warcomm all week, just hoping.

I'd guess if we see anything it'll be sunday now tbh.

I agree. Maybe even after. There is an event in August am I right?

There is a 40K preview event following the Apocalypse "Warhammer Record Day" on the 3rd.

There's reveals this weekend but I don't know which day. I'm sure we will see primaris but I don't hold out hope for much more as the fantasy reveals last week were limited to say the least. I think one new model and a couple of book covers. It's a bit different for 40k as there's currently a big fantasy release underway that they didn't want to detract from, whereas I think we will see a big primaris reveal this weekend and then ore orders the following weekend. Probably two week pre-orders like warcry giving a release date of the 17th Edited by Red_Shift

There's reveals this weekend but I don't know which day. 

Neither - the 40K preview will be NEXT weekend (the 3rd), right after the Warhammer Record Day Apocalypse sessions.

That being said, it's not impossible that they'll surprise us with something Astartes-related in this Sunday's pre-order previews, but I doubt it. I think we'll see new stuff in the preview articles the following Saturday and then at least some of it will be in the pre-order preview the following day (the 4th).

Edited by Lord Nord