Have GW given up on the original space marine range?

I have grown very fond of the original marines and I do not want them to go to the shadows, especially the terminators! Sure we need more of a primaris range at the moment but I think they should still work on the original marines.

I have grown very fond of the original marines and I do not want them to go to the shadows, especially the terminators! Sure we need more of a primaris range at the moment but I think they should still work on the original marines.

Short answer: no

Long answer: hell no 

The only new oldmarines since the launch of Primaris I can think of are the tactical squad and terminator squad for the japanese space marine heroes series 1&2 (most going worldwide in the near future)

So I wouldn't count on anything much for new model support outside the odd special edition model unless they decide to properly support 30k again. And there's plenty of much older models still being sold, like the 2003 cadians or 2006 eldar aspect warriors.

Rules-wise, I think they'll carry on for a good while yet, GW have sold an ungodly amount of oldmarines over the years - thus the attempt to sell such people the all new shiny primaris - so they won't invalidate all the existing stuff overnight. I think we will see a slow phasing out over the years though of unpopular kits.

Seeing as the last batch of Old Marine models were met with a lot of hatred and bile on the forums - Centurians, Storm Talon, Storm Hawk, Grimnar Sled, Wulfen, while the Primaris received a more positive response...

They'll keep releasing Primaris. I don't think they'll make any new oldmarine models, but they will still be fully supported in games. 

The current tactical squad sprues came out in what, 2015? So they're good until 2035 at least, if the Eldar Falcon mould is anything to go by (going strong since 1995). 

I am not troubled with the gradual phasing out of the old marines sculpts but what is troublesome is that this process has already largely undergoing in the narrative. As far as the current timeline goes, the majority of the chapters is so decimated that they "have to" accept the Primaris battle brothers and have begun to make Primaris themselves. Yet this transition has been so far handled well only in the Spear of the Emperor by ADB. With the plot device of the "Rubicon Primaris" now GW really has no limits to recast the entire range in Primaris style. 

Sadly the end result is a flood of SM armies on Ebay and hundreds of old models gathering dust on the "Shelf of Remembrance".

Mark 2 designs already exist in CAD so we will get at least on more ten man box of oldmarines in heresy armor plus whatever other models are released for the Heresy.

What are you telking about? Aren't most newr kits made in CAD as well?

I am not troubled with the gradual phasing out of the old marines sculpts but what is troublesome is that this process has already largely undergoing in the narrative. As far as the current timeline goes, the majority of the chapters is so decimated that they "have to" accept the Primaris battle brothers and have begun to make Primaris themselves. Yet this transition has been so far handled well only in the Spear of the Emperor by ADB. With the plot device of the "Rubicon Primaris" now GW really has no limits to recast the entire range in Primaris style.

Simply making bigger newer models that ruleswise are the same as the old ones would have been the better choice.

Sadly the end result is a flood of SM armies on Ebay and hundreds of old models gathering dust on the "Shelf of Remembrance".

That should make getting into Horus Heresy cheaper, which is good.

Yeh, its never been cheaper to do a Armored Breakthrough force. 

Mark 2 designs already exist in CAD so we will get at least on more ten man box of oldmarines in heresy armor plus whatever other models are released for the Heresy.

What are you telking about? Aren't most newr kits made in CAD as well?

Yes.... I don't understand your question.

Are we now getting a new thread about this before the previous one closes?

The answer is, nobody knows*, there's a whole load of opinions, especially on here and there are a few members of the board who will flood your thread shouting YES or NO at each other in increasingly wordy and derogatory fashion until it gets the thread locked, then they'll move on to the next one. They'll tell you over and over that their position is the only reasonable and rational one.

The Intracticus Campaign is alive and well on the B&C. Many fine threads have given the ultimate sacrifice. Some posts have been wiped from the Inquisitorial records. A few brave souls have switched sides. Most sadly of all, quite a number of members seem to have given up on this forum all together due to the repetitive and antagonistic tone of this.

*Someone at GW knows what they CURRENTLY have planned, maybe a few someones, but until it actually happens and the trigger gets pulled on either withdrawing a product or releasing a new one, then nothing is set in stone and those plans can and indeed probably will change.

Rik

You are focusing on them only existing in CAD and not being sold yet, right? So they shhould be released in the future. Where do you have the information that MkII marines are in the works?

You are focusing on them only existing in CAD and not being sold yet, right? So they shhould be released in the future. Where do you have the information that MkII marines are in the works?

Have you seen the new white scars releases?