We're Gonna Get a Book!

Do you mean Infiltrators? 

In that case, no, they don't cause a mortal wound on a 6 only an automatic wound so it can still be saved against using armor/invulns unlike Mortal Wounds which require an FNP equivalent.

Still, Infiltrators, despite their cost, causing 2 Auto-Wounds on a natural 6 using IF CT and their Bolter Special Rule (thanks FAQ) is pretty much worth the price of admission while also giving us much more board control with their area denial and infiltrate. Couple that with the Vox Operator upgrade and theyre also getting re-rolls from across the table if you take Phobos Cpt. and Lts.

If the super doctrine affects things like I expect to, then that means a Leviathan Dread with a Grav Flux Bombard is firing off Heavy d3 S9 Ap-5(5+1) D6(5+1; vs vehicles/titanic) from the doctrines T1. Or, the Storm Array which will be Heavy 10 S7 Ap-3 D3. It doesnt affect the Melta Lance as much making it 2D3 S9 Ap-5(4+1) Dd6+1 re-rolling at half range.

Basically, you take a Levi, drop him in a pod and erase a few things you dont like.

Ahh thank you for the correction on the infiltrators. 

Anyone else think it is silly that a Leviathan Dreadnought can fit in a Drop Pod? The things are massive. Don't get me wrong, I love them! Double Storm Cannon Array goodness! But I don't think they are best served in Imperial Fist armies anymore. We get too much benefit from our CT with bolter weapons. So I would maximize those with the exception of covering anti-tank in a few places in the army.

Do you mean Infiltrators? 

In that case, no, they don't cause a mortal wound on a 6 only an automatic wound so it can still be saved against using armor/invulns unlike Mortal Wounds which require an FNP equivalent.

Still, Infiltrators, despite their cost, causing 2 Auto-Wounds on a natural 6 using IF CT and their Bolter Special Rule (thanks FAQ) is pretty much worth the price of admission while also giving us much more board control with their area denial and infiltrate. Couple that with the Vox Operator upgrade and theyre also getting re-rolls from across the table if you take Phobos Cpt. and Lts.

If the super doctrine affects things like I expect to, then that means a Leviathan Dread with a Grav Flux Bombard is firing off Heavy d3 S9 Ap-5(5+1) D6(5+1; vs vehicles/titanic) from the doctrines T1. Or, the Storm Array which will be Heavy 10 S7 Ap-3 D3. It doesnt affect the Melta Lance as much making it 2D3 S9 Ap-5(4+1) Dd6+1 re-rolling at half range.

Basically, you take a Levi, drop him in a pod and erase a few things you dont like.

Ahh thank you for the correction on the infiltrators. 

Anyone else think it is silly that a Leviathan Dreadnought can fit in a Drop Pod? The things are massive. Don't get me wrong, I love them! Double Storm Cannon Array goodness! But I don't think they are best served in Imperial Fist armies anymore. We get too much benefit from our CT with bolter weapons. So I would maximize those with the exception of covering anti-tank in a few places in the army.

The Revamped Dreadnought Drop Pod is actually big enough to almost physically fit one inside iirc.

maxresdefault.jpg

That said, while it doesnt have bolt weapons to make use of our CT, thats not really too big of a deal imo. But, if you want, just take a Deredeo. It, at least, has a chest twin heavy bolter.

Edited by Slips

The Revamped Dreadnought Drop Pod is actually big enough to almost physically fit one inside iirc.

That said, while it doesnt have bolt weapons to make use of our CT, thats not really too big of a deal imo. But, if you want, just take a Deredeo. It, at least, has a chest twin heavy bolter.

I see! That is a decently size drop pod after all!. 

Getting back to the dreadnoughts though. I just feel that the Imperial Fists are more of an infantry-focused chapter. I mean... build what you want. I know I will be. My first project as things stand right now is building 3rd company of my Argent Fists. They are pretty much a phobos armor company with Eliminator support. Still working on the Anti-tank element I'm not sure if three warsuits will be enough. Executioners don't really fit the list theme and I kind of want to stick with that... so.. maybe some Stormravens.

well it is based on what you bring too, but yes, if you go up against an all infantry list you lose out on the extra damage.  Only time will tell if its true, and it could be only half of what we get. Who knows. 

I know it's a problem mostly limited to me, but 90% of my games are against Tyranids. :laugh.:

The guy who leaked that was right on all the Iron Hands stuff (which of course doesn't mean he is right about this, but his track record is solid).

I see! That is a decently size drop pod after all!.

Getting back to the dreadnoughts though. I just feel that the Imperial Fists are more of an infantry-focused chapter. I mean... build what you want. I know I will be. My first project as things stand right now is building 3rd company of my Argent Fists. They are pretty much a phobos armor company with Eliminator support. Still working on the Anti-tank element I'm not sure if three warsuits will be enough. Executioners don't really fit the list theme and I kind of want to stick with that... so.. maybe some Stormravens.

I'd have to say, I truly believe that a Leviathan SIEGE Dreadnought absolutely has a place in an Imperial Fists army. There are very few armies where it fits better fluff wise.

Assuming the rumored doctrine is accurate, would the plasma incinerator be a downright better option for a Fists Repulsor Executioner than the heavy laser destroyer? I don't fully trust my math, but it seemed to be outdamaging the laser destroyer on a few different vehicle targets on average. It'll be a lot swingier, but also more flexible. I'll still magnetize when I get around to getting one, of course.

Assuming the rumored doctrine is accurate, would the plasma incinerator be a downright better option for a Fists Repulsor Executioner than the heavy laser destroyer? I don't fully trust my math, but it seemed to be outdamaging the laser destroyer on a few different vehicle targets on average. It'll be a lot swingier, but also more flexible. I'll still magnetize when I get around to getting one, of course.

That definitely does appear to be the case.

Also makes Las-fusils insane. A pity - I really like the bolt sniper rifles on all my Eliminators.

That definitely does appear to be the case.

Also makes Las-fusils insane. A pity - I really like the bolt sniper rifles on all my Eliminators.

I am sticking with the bolt sniper rifles. They are less good against vehicles but they will still be a lot better against armies which rely on buffing characters. They are not useless against vehicles by any means and compare quite well if the vehicle has an invulnerable save.

Sete over on the Psycic awakening thread (via the French forum leaks) has said it's Tor Garadon we're getting as a Primaris Character. Not sure he's the most interesting looking because I assume a fancier looking Intercessor with bolt pistol and power fist? But he's a pretty cool character so I'm happy with that. It's the rules I'm looking forward to seeing mind you, hoping for something like an extra Aura buff to Heavy Weapons or similar.

well i am okay with getting new characters.  Honestly as someone had mentioned, the fluff got moved 200 years forward, but yet everyone still remains alive.  To me i feel some characters might still be around kicking, but someone has to take the bullet.  The primaris upgrades is a chance for new heroes.  They could leave the old heroes in there if you want to field them too, but I think its time to see some new characters.   Ultramarines get to keep marneus and their librarian, so how old does that now put them two.   They say dante is one of the few marines to live to 1000, if he is still around that makes him 1200 years old.  Few marines live that long, non marines humans even less.   Yet, it seems even they are doing the impossible with the lore being advanced.  

I for one liked the character Tor Garadon from the sentinels, even more so because he stood up against lysander and saw him as being wasteful and reckless in command.  I never liked Lysander to start with, even less so after reading Sentinels of Terra.   Also a primaris figure who represents the chapter more, with bolters blazing and a fist in hand would be nice to have.   Would be cool if we got a new chapter master as well.   Still hoping the book would give us access to new characters, and hoping that we get our primarach back, GW just likes to hold things back and delay things these days.    Also the loyalist primarchs need to start trickling in already.   I just wish they would hurry up and get the books out so i can really figure out what take i should be pushing for my fists.   Also i want some new lore.  

Yeah Kikasstou said its Tor Garodon that's being upgraded to Primaris.

Im trying to find out if BT will receive the same treatment, since he also said before Grim and Helbrecth are not getting the upgrade.

Leaves the EC as an interesting option.

Or someone completely new, like the Hands received?

Black Templars won't get a new character! Knowing GW and how excited Templar players are getting they'll have a few characters killed off and have Scouts moved to the Elites section to represent Neophytes or something :P

It will be interesting to see what Crimson Fists get, being piled in with Imperial Fists so does it mean there are 2 lots of Relics in the book? Access to Garadon for some reason? or will it be a Primaris Pedro and this will be the only book released with 2 models?

What I know from CF is that they may be with IF in the book.(even the French dude is not sure)  Dunno about Pedro crossing the Rubicon, but it would make sense.

If they do basically nothing with Crimson Fists in the new book then they end up being a successor chapter with a very specific chapter tactic already defined along with a relic and warlord trait but otherwise following the normal rules for successor chapters. I would be OK with that. Sure I would love a load of new fluff and even some new rules for my little plastic dudes but if it comes down to us being just slightly different from our first founding chapter then it would hardly be a disaster. 

Really all we need beyond that is a minor re-write to Pedro so he gets the new style of chapter master rule. I would love him to be Primaris so I can shove him in an Impulsor with some Incursors but there is really no great need for it.

Garadon is out and now i need to plan for another headswap :whistling:

That aside,i think it's a great model.

P.s: needless to say,this places another weigth on the "that french guy is reliable" scale,so start planning for that HW bonus doctrine :P

Edited by Fenriwolf

Man I’m the opposite. I’m doing a fiat successor chapter and I want that head for my captain. I mean look at that face! You don’t even need a cape and/or an Iron Halo. You slap that head on an intercessor and everyone watching the game will know who is in charge and why he has an invulnerable save!

I like the face, its not perfect but its different.  I like it because it adds more character to the figure than the standard marine heads of the past.  He has a wide flat nose, a really wide chin, he has personality which many seem to be lacking these days.  I will end up getting him.  I may play around with a helmet to see which i like better though, but I may leave him as is.  

I'm planning to give him a helmet, maybe from a centurion. Hoping I can take the grav-gun off the backpack too, and put it in his hand. Then I would need to put something else above the shoulder, maybe a spotlight.

For the price of these character models they shold absolutely include another head option at the least. It's shameful.

<instert internet meme joke about chin just being another fist>

My main problem with the guy is that's got gear that's not really replicable through other means, so I can't 'counts as' him :P

It's the combo of power fist on Gravis that might be a pain to replicate, I think. Might have to use an Inceptor arm holding a mini marine grav gun from a tactical squad sprue with a hacked up version of an Aggressor or Gravis Captain fist with the boltstorm section of the fist filled with green stuff. Edited by Lemondish