Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Well I saw your question and it was accurate.

I've just read again Kikasstou's comment and it is unclear if "rules" designate BT's rules or those two characters' rules. I will investigate this further.

Celtic_Cauldron

Be interesting if Wraight carried Watchers of the Throne into any event tie-ins, same with Haley and DI (or, depending on where Psychic Awakening goes, Haley and the BA series).

I thought about that too, he has Watchers of the Throne book 2 coming out in a while which could make reference to the events in PA.

However I have read the synopsis of that book, and it really doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the PA events, more about a possible new civil war on Terra now that Roboute departed.

There is also a new book by Haley, Dante Darkness in the Blood, which I feel could possible tie in with the events of PA, showing what happens to Dante and the Blood Angels after Devastation of Baal. Especiall we have learned that PA book 3 will feature Blood Angels.

Question is, who they fight in PA3? Will Necrons, Tyranids or chaos daemons be involved? Or all?

Be interesting if Wraight carried Watchers of the Throne into any event tie-ins, same with Haley and DI (or, depending on where Psychic Awakening goes, Haley and the BA series).

I thought about that too, he has Watchers of the Throne book 2 coming out in a while which could make reference to the events in PA.

However I have read the synopsis of that book, and it really doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the PA events, more about a possible new civil war on Terra now that Roboute departed.

There is also a new book by Haley, Dante Darkness in the Blood, which I feel could possible tie in with the events of PA, showing what happens to Dante and the Blood Angels after Devastation of Baal. Especiall we have learned that PA book 3 will feature Blood Angels.

Question is, who they fight in PA3? Will Necrons, Tyranids or chaos daemons be involved? Or all?

And ashes of prospero by Haley, which fits right in to psykic awakening imho

I expect this to be similar to an on-going, grand campaign - Something like the "End-Times" for Fantasy, but not something that actually leads to a new game and a setting re-set.

The end times was generating amazing models based on heroes and villains that people had only heard of in the lore.

If the campaign goes on for long enough, and delivers striking models and lore, than it will be a success.

I don't think it is clear yet exactly what kind of impact Psychic Awakening is going to have on the setting. GW is so often guilty of hyperbole when promoting their campaigns that I have long since become inured to the hype. People are getting a little swept away with their own speculation.

There will be great models though, of that we can be sure. GW has largely been knocking it out of the park recently

I'm expecting the Emperor to be resurrected, and for a usable model to be released lol

If not, then a Primarch or two for sure. "models you won't believe" sets a certain level of expectations.

Does anyone remember how much time between Magnus and Mortarion?

Magnus was in November 2016, Mortarion was in...I want to say September 2017?

Thanks mate.....im just trying to figure out the possibility of two primarchs coming out haha

Does anyone remember how much time between Magnus and Mortarion?

Magnus was in November 2016, Mortarion was in...I want to say September 2017?

You are correct.

The time between Magnus, Guilliman and Mortarion was incredibly short for such important figures, but it was also the time of transition between 7th and 8th Edition, so big things were happening.

With that said, by the time Psychic Awakening's narrative gets to a point where it'd be appropriate for another character of such importance to appear, it'll have been three years since Guilliman's resurrection. I think another Primarch and Daemon Primarch dropping within the year is not too far fetched of a theory at this point.

Guest Metaliptica

So just went to see what Kikasstou said and it seems there are some interesting bits about what's in store for BT. Since I haven't tracked what's been already said here, I'll just post everything and sorry if you already had the info.

Concerning BT :
New bonus to doctrine
New litanies tabble for BT chaplains
new WL traits, relics, stratagems
1CP : no overwatch and -1 to hit in CC when disembarking from a land raider
A relic that gives 3" 4+ invul aura that last 1 round
A warlord trait that gives a +1 to charge and advance aura
A few strats to help you get to CC
A strat that don't allow your opponent to disengage
The characters won't change a lot (maybe a few rule changes but not a whole rework) but their WT will change.
He also said that once they are in CC, the target has not much hope of escape.
No primaris Helbrecht or Grimaldus

Concerning book 3 : Will be BA against Tyranids next year (around spring apparently)

EDIT : added a few extra bits

Edited by Metaliptica

Th Fulgrim theory has a lot more lore basis to become true, it's an interesting one for sure.

But hey, the Emperor is active again in the most recent lore.

Both could happen!

The end times was generating amazing models based on heroes and villains that people had only heard of in the lore.

The End Times character models were either brand new guys like the Nurgle heroes or had been models before like Nagash, Arkhan and Nefetara or had been longterm mainstays like Thanquol or in the case of Valten and the High Elf heroes were literal re-releases of old models. Screech Verminkin was about the only previously mentioned guy who got a model.

Most of the brand new stuff were unit types.

So far Psychic Awakening feels more like a continuation of Vigilus Ablaze but lower key since we haven't seen anything like the Lord Discordant yet. Gathering Storm had more epic stuff.

Generally the campaign book writers have to create their story lines and product bundles based around whatever the miniatures team gives them to sell, end times was different because they had a job to do. The first two Gathering Storm triumvirates were just models packaged together because they didn't have a release window that made sense for themselves, only the Ynnari ones were an actual intentional set.

Note that I've merged all three discussions with speculation about the Psychic Awakening event into one topic (the original, the one created yesterday about the tidings for the future, and one about what novels we might see from the Black Library forum). They're all about the same basic thing - what the Psychic Awakening event will bring in terms of models, rules, and support (fiction being a big arm of support for the setting).