Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Fellow EC enthusiasts: yet another hint that Fulgrim is coming in PA2:

[Vox Intercept: Yhedaris System]

'Hear this, you simpering lapdogs! You servile, dull creatures. The Illuminator is coming! Yhedaris is but the first brushstroke upon a grand canvas. He is coming, and with him comes an endless carnival of sensation!'

Addendum: Vox transmission hails from the Cathedrum of the Ashen Heart on Ortus Prime. No response along priority channels. Multiple Heretic warships sighted traversing the Cascar Nebula, on a path towards Black Mantle. Iconography matches that of the Emperor's Children, Excommunicate Traitoris.

*Another* effin' Primarch?

Sod this.

You act like this comes at a surprise. Or are you just negative for the sake of it? :D 

I'm not even sure it should rightfully be called a campaign - it's more like a narrative and rules bridge than anything, it's too wide-spread to be a campaign, IMO, and there doesn't seem to be any overall coordination of any of the forces pursuing a specific outcome, etc.

I agree I think its more of an attempt to set up several possible campaigns and a new status quo then one overarching campaign.

I actually like this approach quite a bit, if that is their intention. It gives them an opportunity to go back and flesh out a lot of the new fluf. In addition they can use alot of these plot threads as excuses to provide lore and rule updates periodically.

Necrons v. AdMech makes more sense than Tau, but I'd love to be proven wrong by a solo Necron book that introduces a bit more depth to factions via a civil war of sorts. There could easily be Triarch, Dynasty, and Canoptek factions with barely a model added to the range as well as rules to represent Dynasties lost to the flayer virus or other brands of insanity.

Not that I expect such a book to happen, of course. Cawl plans on using noctilith to close the Rift so I wouldn't be surprised to see him run into the Necrons.

He's already run into a rather large C'Tan Shard on his quest, I'd also love to see that little plot line continued.

PA1 = Eldars vs Dark Eldars

PA2 = Black Templars vs Chaos Space Marines

PA3 = Blood Angels vs Tyranids

PA4 = Space Wolves vs Orks

This left us with 5 PA books before 9th edition hits :

PA? = Necrons vs Tau

PA? = Deathwatch vs Genestealer

PA? = Imperial Guard vs Renegade Guard

PA? = Custodes & Sisters of Silence & Grey Knights vs Chaos Demons

PA? = Mechanicus & Imperial Knights vs Dark Mechanicus & Chaos Knights

9th = Dark Angels vs Fallens

is there a source to this, or is this just speculation?

Guard vs Renegade Guard just seems boring, and we dont have a Renegade army list or model range, Blackstone minis dont count in my eyes.

Same with Ad Mech vs Dark Mech, we lack Dark Mech minis.

You're probably right but i feel GW may want to expand those factions in the near future... though it's probably too early with PA.

Dark Angels vs Fallen... Cant see it happening, especially if you mean as a box set, it will just be a massive Dark Angel collection, and unuseable by almost everybody unless they collect Dangles themselves.

Well Dark Angels already been in a starter set so it's not impossible. As for Fallens in the 8th fluff they are so many that a new CSM faction could be on his way.

Necrons v. AdMech makes more sense than Tau

Probably.

is there a source to this, or is this just speculation?

Speculation.

---

So it could be this way, with one less PA book (February, March, April, May and then 9th in June) :

PA? = Mechanicus vs Necrons

PA? = Imperial Guard & Imperial Knights vs Tau

Edited by Elijah

You left out Thousand Sons and Death Guard.

Indeed, i forgot they weren't covered by Faith & Fury.

Maybe they'll team up against Custodes ?

I also heard a rumor on 4chan about DW vs Tau. Not sure if it's a reliable one.

Hah. My Guard taking centre stage in a GW narrative. I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, all the codex will be covered by PA.

Edited by Elijah

Well if the narrative is fragmentary, similarly to Phoenix rising, I am one happy camper. I would rather see a page sumarizing curent state of each legion than "And then he killed three Bloodthirsters!" that preceeded (and was partially in the) Gathering Storm. Heck, I think Vigius was very good, barring the anti-climactic end.

Hah. My Guard taking centre stage in a GW narrative. I'll believe it when I see it.

Apologies if this is too tangenital, but yeah why arent Guard pushed more in terms of the narrative or anything else? Is it because all the kits are old (looking) and players have what they need already?

Seems to be a lot of guard players and Theyre fairly central to a lot of events and feature very heavily in Black Library

Apologies if this is too tangenital, but yeah why arent Guard pushed more in terms of the narrative or anything else? Is it because all the kits are old (looking) and players have what they need already?

Seems to be a lot of guard players and Theyre fairly central to a lot of events and feature very heavily in Black Library

Because they aren't Space Marines. That's all.

Narratively speaking it should be Death Guard vs T'au. The crux of the post-Rift T'au fluff is that the Death Guard are invading their new holdings on the far side of the Startide Nexus and that Shadowsun is leading a desperate defence to keep them from reaching the Nexus itself and thus gaining a direct path to the heart of the Empire proper.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

You left out Thousand Sons and Death Guard.

Narratively speaking it should be Death Guard vs T'au. The crux of the post-Rift T'au fluff is that the Death Guard are invading their new holdings on the far side of the Startide Nexus and that Shadowsun is leading a desperate defence to keep them from reaching the Nexus itself and thus gaining a direct path to the heart of the Empire proper.

That'd be more interesting than another Tau VS Imperium rehash. Edited by Tyriks

The full trailer for Blood of Baal is now up.

It seems to reinforce the idea that the Hive Mind is more than just pure hunger made manifest, since it seems to have an interest of Baal that goes beyond devouring. On the one hand I'm not sure how I feel about the Nids having an "intelligence" behind them with a bigger purpose and plans than just eating, since I really like the idea of the space locust plague. On the other hand, I also can get into the idea of an "Outer God" kinda deal that is even more lovecraftian than the Chaos Gods. 

Well, it has been suggested here and there I think that tyranid fleets were converging toward Terra and the light of the Astronomican. With the opening of the rift, maybe for those fleets on the Nihilus side Baal has become the strongest beacon ? I didn't read Dark Imperium but I seem to recall seeing a blurb somewhere (maybe on lexicanum) about some device used on the Nihilus side as a beacon ?

Fellow EC enthusiasts: yet another hint that Fulgrim is coming in PA2:

[Vox Intercept: Yhedaris System]

'Hear this, you simpering lapdogs! You servile, dull creatures. The Illuminator is coming! Yhedaris is but the first brushstroke upon a grand canvas. He is coming, and with him comes an endless carnival of sensation!'

Addendum: Vox transmission hails from the Cathedrum of the Ashen Heart on Ortus Prime. No response along priority channels. Multiple Heretic warships sighted traversing the Cascar Nebula, on a path towards Black Mantle. Iconography matches that of the Emperor's Children, Excommunicate Traitoris.

*Another* effin' Primarch?

Sod this.

You act like this comes at a surprise. Or are you just negative for the sake of it? :biggrin.:

Not at all a surprise. But unlike some people here I don't have a GW IV in my arm. And I am so tired of 40k slowly turning into 30k with Primarch this and Primarch that and oh look daddy's come home again let's turn the plot for the next half year into what daddy thinks about the colour green.

Primarchs in 40k was a mistake.

Without getting into spoilers, Darkness in the Blood has some strong implications that the Hive Mind has it out for the Angels. If it has other reasons for going after Baal, I guess we'll know with the book, but going by the novel, it seems the Hive Mind has the ability to hold grudges.

Edited by WarriorFish
Please stay on topic

Thanks for the information.

On top of Death Guard & Thousand Sons I also forgot Chaos Knights in my previous post. Here's an update :

PA? = Tau vs Death Guard

PA? = Imperial Guard vs Thousand Sons

PA? = Imperial Knights vs Chaos Knigths

Thanks for the information.

On top of Death Guard & Thousand Sons I also forgot Chaos Knights in my previous post. Here's an update :

PA? = Tau vs Death Guard

PA? = Imperial Guard vs Thousand Sons

PA? = Imperial Knights vs Chaos Knigths

It's speculation so I can't say your idea is silly but as a TS player there is no lore-filled reason why TS would engage the guard in traditional open warfare

Thanks for the information.On top of Death Guard & Thousand Sons I also forgot Chaos Knights in my previous post. Here's an update :PA1 = Eldars vs Dark EldarsPA2 = Black Templars vs Chaos Space MarinesPA3 = Blood Angels vs TyranidsPA4 = Space Wolves vs OrksPA? = Tau vs Death GuardPA? = Mechanicus vs NecronsPA? = Deathwatch vs GenestealerPA? = Imperial Guard vs Thousand SonsPA? = Imperial Knights vs Chaos KnigthsPA? = Custodes & Sisters of Silence & Grey Knights vs Chaos Demons9th = Dark Angels vs Fallens

You’ve also forgotten the sister of battle...yes I know our dex isn’t out yet but there are posts on WHC saying all these <insert graphic of faction symbols> are getting rules ...and that graphic includes the girls...