Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Going by the Tyrannids info it seems like all or most of the parent factions* are getting extensive/usable design your own rules/custom rules, which is good albeit a big sweeping change thats going to have a lot of effects and keep the FAQ teams busy for a while. Might be hard for points to keep up with too

*codex marines, nids, eldar. Dont think Chaos Marines got that in PA2 or their codex

Even though Fulgrims my boy I totally feel you on this. Primarchs should stay in the lore and not on the tabletop. 

Be that as it may, that ship already sailed years ago. Expect Chaos's big 4 to get theirs eventually

Yea I know, no going back now. I am actually looking forward to seeing Fulgrim not gonna lie. I have high hopes for him, hopefully he wont look like Billy Idol unlike his pre heresy version. 

Well Dark Angels already been in a starter set so it's not impossible. As for Fallens in the 8th fluff they are so many that a new CSM faction could be on his way.

---

Whilst I do like the idea of Fallen finally being a playable force (back in 3rd ed I was all about the boys in green) Im gonna be pissed if they are a thing before the Emperors Children and World Eaters get a dex. 

If/when Fallen do become an actual army Im gonna be all over that like Ishagu is with Ultramarines. 

It's speculation so I can't say your idea is silly but as a TS player there is no lore-filled reason why TS would engage the guard in traditional open warfare

Thousand Sons did the Invasion of the Stygius Sector taking several planets from the Imperium including the homeworld of the Mordian Guardsmen.

So i think in PA the Imperial Guard will try to take it back.

DA v Fallen sounds like it would fit right in as a PA book/event

Could be. Though if it does happen there would be several new models being released for Fallens and apart from PA1 GW doesn't seem to release a lot of models so i don't know if it's the right time yet. Anyway as for the recent fluff the Rock is supposed to be searching for the gathering of Fallens lead by Luther and a Daemon Prince with a Lion's face (remember the rumored boxset DA vs a mysterious force "The Lion" ?)... anyway according to the list of armies symbols that are concerned by PA, DA are indeed part of it so it looks like you're right.

You’ve also forgotten the sister of battle...yes I know our dex isn’t out yet but there are posts on WHC saying all these <insert graphic of faction symbols> are getting rules ...and that graphic includes the girls...

Really ? I thought with the standalone release of their codex they wouldn't be covered by PA, my bad.

You've missed the Harlequins out in that list as well. Although, the cynic in me says that Ynnari point drops are all we'll get, and that makes me a sad clown.

Sorry but they aren't there :

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewRaceIcons8frs-500x377.

And when you goes to the Arlequin webstore you have PA1 as buying suggestion...

Whilst I do like the idea of Fallen finally being a playable force (back in 3rd ed I was all about the boys in green) Im gonna be pissed if they are a thing before the Emperors Children and World Eaters get a dex. 

If/when Fallen do become an actual army Im gonna be all over that like Ishagu is with Ultramarines.

Yeah i agree it would be unfair that GW don't cover the historical CSM legions first. I don't understand everything about their decision making there.

@Elijah.... it goes something like this!

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewRaceIcons8frs-500x377.

Space Marines, Chaos SM, Craftworld, Dark Kin, Yanarri 'Quins**, Deathwatch

Greyknights, Custodes/talons*, 1K sons, Deathguard, GSC, AsMil

Knights, Traitor Knights, Orks, 'Crons, Tau, chaos demons (might have csm & demons round the wrong way!)

AdMech, Blood Angles, Sisters of Battle, Nids, Wolves, Dark Angles

*Its used for Talons in 30K but is in the Custodoes codex for 40K

** Yep its the Quins from the front page of their dex!

Edited by Slasher956

@Papewaio @Slasher956

Thanks ! With all the factions left it looks like we still have a long way to go before the end of PA...

Quick update :

PA1 = Eldars vs Dark Eldars
PA2 = Black Templars vs Chaos Space Marines
PA3 = Blood Angels vs Tyranids
PA4 = Space Wolves vs Orks

PA? = Mechanicus vs Necrons

PA? = Imperial Knights vs Chaos Knigths
PA? = Deathwatch & Sisters of Battle vs Genestealer (but SoB is maybe covered by Faith & Fury)

PA? = Tau vs Death Guard & Daemons of Nurgle too ? (Death Guard is currently invading Tau's space)
PA? = Imperial Guard vs Thousand Sons & Daemons of Tzeentch too ? (Thousand Sons have recently invaded several imperial worlds inclunding the Mordian Guard homeworld)

PA? = Custodes & Sisters of Silence & Grey Knights vs Daemons of Khorne & Slaanesh
PA? = Dark Angels vs Harlequins (unlikely but i'm left with those two)

Seven PA's books seems a lot before 9th edition in June/July...

I expect both kinds of Knights to be secondary factions in one or two of the books, instead of having a whole book dedicated to just both. Ironically enough, they're not big enough armies to hold a narrative just by themselves, imho, and I don't imagine whatever rules they get being too extensive. The Imperials will probably be bundled with the Guard, AdMech, or one of the other Imperial factions, and the Traitors with one of the major missing Chaos factions.

I also think Daemons will be one book for all, instead of being separated by Gods along various books, regardless of the narrative being focused on any specific Daemons.

Considering the Eldar narrative had Slaaneshi Daemons in it, I'd suspect you'd see Harlequins and Daemons in a book if we come back to them.

I think the SoB box-set is counted as being part of PA2, I'd be surprised if they get more spotlight (I'd be overjoyed if they did, but it would still be a :cuss move not to include all their rules in the newest codex)

I agree with DeadFinger: I'd somehow be surprised to see Imperial Knights and Chaos Knights alone in a book. Instead I'd see them bundled together either with AdMech or AdMil. Perhaps with the Thousand Sons attack on Mordian ? (I'd still have preferred 4WArmageddon but with WE, BT and Sallies in PA2, BA in PA3 and according to rumours SW and Orks in PA4, it seems ever less likely... Unless they suddenly pull a surprise and have SW&IG Vs Orks for PA4, which I'd be surprised by)

I'd be surprised to see Emperor's Talons alongside Grey Knights tbh - couldn't say why, it just doesn't feel right.

EDIT: oooh, looks like the last SWvsOrk boxset was on Alaric Prime, so I could very well see PA4 returning there, with IKs included too

I expect both kinds of Knights to be secondary factions in one or two of the books, instead of having a whole book dedicated to just both. Ironically enough, they're not big enough armies to hold a narrative just by themselves, imho, and I don't imagine whatever rules they get being too extensive. The Imperials will probably be bundled with the Guard, AdMech, or one of the other Imperial factions, and the Traitors with one of the major missing Chaos factions.

Yes they are minor codexs after all, and we haven't much time left for PA books with only two factions in them.

I also think Daemons will be one book for all, instead of being separated by Gods along various books, regardless of the narrative being focused on any specific Daemons.

Sounds logical, Daemons are probably going to gains rules that are common to the 4 Gods so it's unlikely they split them in several books.

Considering the Eldar narrative had Slaaneshi Daemons in it, I'd suspect you'd see Harlequins and Daemons in a book if we come back to them.

Yes Harlequins are currently on a crusade against Chaos so it makes sense.

I think the SoB box-set is counted as being part of PA2, I'd be surprised if they get more spotlight (I'd be overjoyed if they did, but it would still be a :censored: move not to include all their rules in the newest codex)

According to what i've read about Faith & Fury, yeah it sounds like SoBs should be in it.

I'd be surprised to see Emperor's Talons alongside Grey Knights tbh - couldn't say why, it just doesn't feel right.

What if GW decided to pair the Custodes with the Imperial Guard ? It would be the weakest but more numerous Imperium's soldiers fighting along the strongest but fewest of the Elite. Could be great i think ?

EDIT: oooh, looks like the last SWvsOrk boxset was on Alaric Prime, so I could very well see PA4 returning there, with IKs included too

Good catch !

---

PA1 = Eldars vs Dark Eldars

PA2 = Black Templars & Sisters of Battle vs Chaos Space Marines

PA3 = Blood Angels vs Tyranids

PA4 = Space Wolves & Imperial Knights vs Orks (last confrontation of SW vs Orks was on Alaric Prime, a major world for IK)

PA? = Mechanicus vs Necrons

PA? = Deathwatch vs Genestealer

PA? = Tau vs Death Guard & Chaos Knigths ? (Death Guard is currently invading Tau's space)

PA? = Imperial Guard & Custodes vs Thousand Sons & Chaos Knigths ? (Thousand Sons have recently invaded several imperial worlds inclunding the Mordian Guard homeworld)

PA? = Grey Knights & Harlequins vs Daemons of Chaos

??? = Dark Angels

We're back with 5 books and i still have no idea where DAs could fit in PA.

Now nothing has been said that factions cannt appear in multiple books....

Also where was it said that there will only be 9 PA books?

According to the rumors 8.5th edition is coming in June/July, PA is supposed to end before. So there shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 books left.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/30/reveals-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-daygw-homepage-post-1/

Well, looks like the Orks vs Space Wolves is wrong for PA4! Dark Angels & Grey Knights vs. Thousand Sons on Prospero it is!

PA4: Ritual of the Damned -> DA, GK vs TS, Jan.

PA5: The Greater Good -> Tau vs ???, Feb.

PA6: Saga of the Beast -> SW vs Orks I take it, Mar.

EDIT: "Each book will be accompanied by an epic champion to lead the charge in this terrible age. These legendary heroes will include reborn, reimagined and brand-new characters, but we can’t reveal any more details at the moment. "

Well... Azrael could do with being updated, 6 could have Ragnar or Ghaz (or possibly both?!). Any ideas for 5?

EDIT: "Each book will be accompanied by an epic champion to lead the charge in this terrible age. These legendary heroes will include reborn, reimagined and brand-new characters, but we can’t reveal any more details at the moment. "

I was about to moan "except for PA 2", but I guess the Chaos Sorc... means each books gets a model, but not every faction.