Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Guest Triszin

Looks like 9 books now

Maybe bad news for Wolves in the lore if theyre up against Ghaz without major allies

Rumors are Deathwatch will join the SWs, wouldn't be surprised if the Custodes get involved depending on how close the war is. They could throw us a curve ball and give us DG, seeming as GW won't let us know what is happening with the Startide Nexus.

Only a few faction haven't been in a PA. Necrons, SoB, Harlequins, DG, SW, Custodes, deathwatch are the remaining unconfirmed.

Really dont get too much hopes up for either SoB and Harlequins, there is a chance both are considered treated by GW ( when you look at the PA website, the SoB icon is representative of Faith&Fury, and while the icon nor rules are given, the webstore treats Phoenix rising as a Harlequin release.) and while technically insuficient, both did get a form of rules in PA ( stratagem for SoB and Ynnari soupthings for harlequins.) so they wouldnt even break a promise.

Its going to be incredibly annoying if we get raging posts a couple of months down the road because people are building up unbased expectations.

and to contradict my warning with hype.. there is ofcourse still the case of a presumambly ex-SoB character and her ex-harlequin sidekick warning against a new big threat coming :p

Death Guard REALLY need something to make them keep up with the rest these days. This was really disappointing and looking over what's left I'm not really sure where they would make sense. Perhaps Custodes if Mortarion gets dangerously close to the Solar System, otherwise maybe Necron? That would be weird.

This whole thing is taking place before the Plague Wars, so I'm thinking the mention of the Death Guard in the Tau short story was their entire fleet heading towards Ultramar, and the Tau just happened to be in their way. Or they deliberately used the Nexus as a shortcut. If this happens to be the case, the Death Guard could be fighting Necrons, since Ultramar is surrounded by Sautehk turf.

Do we know if the Scourge Stars were completely Imperial territory before the Death Guard took over?

Death Guard REALLY need something to make them keep up with the rest these days. This was really disappointing and looking over what's left I'm not really sure where they would make sense. Perhaps Custodes if Mortarion gets dangerously close to the Solar System, otherwise maybe Necron? That would be weird.

Would be nice to get some toys for the DG, I'd reallly enjoy a relic spooge gun for the foul blightspawn.

But in terms of keeping up, the look on marine players faces when their whatever gets a thorough slapping from a buffed/plaguebringer surgeon delights me still

Speaking of Saga of the Beast, any speculation as to where it might be taking place? Again, this is all supposedly taking place during the Indomitus Crusade, so Ghaz shouldn't be back on Armageddon (yet), but the Ork Codex says he's in multiple places simultaneously, including Octarius, Ryza, Cantissa and others. So where is Saga of the Beast taking him? Could it be that there's more to it than just Orks and another opposing faction? What if there's some ongoing conflict and Ghaz just shows up and joins the fight in true greenskin fashion? Or maybe there's actual purpose behind the title and Ghaz is actually up to something important beyond just gathering a Waaagh and fighting?

Guest Triszin

I actually think it could take place on gaarm, the place where Russ's spear is

If it is sw related

Edited by Triszin

Looks like 9 books now

Maybe bad news for Wolves in the lore if theyre up against Ghaz without major allies

Rumors are Deathwatch will join the SWs, wouldn't be surprised if the Custodes get involved depending on how close the war is. They could throw us a curve ball and give us DG, seeming as GW won't let us know what is happening with the Startide Nexus.

Only a few faction haven't been in a PA. Necrons, SoB, Harlequins, DG, SW, Custodes, deathwatch are the remaining unconfirmed.

DG are on the other side of the galaxy.

I think Custodes will be saved for something more to so with Terra/webway/Imperial central power

Maybe PA is DW and SW hunting/chasing/tracking down some rising ork power/return of Ghaz

@Triszin the return of Russ has been teased more than a Dickensian orphan outside a bakery

Looks like 9 books now

DG are on the other side of the galaxy.

I think Custodes will be saved for something more to so with Terra/webway/Imperial central power

Maybe PA is DW and SW hunting/chasing/tracking down some rising ork power/return of Ghaz

@Triszin the return of Russ has been teased more than a Dickensian orphan outside a bakery

Mortarions DG are in tau-land, typhus though seems to do what he wants as he is Nurgles favored and could be somewhere else.

Custodes know the beast is dangerous and may be proactive in cutting down Ghaz, instead of reactive as before having another beast on Terras doorstep. There is also that ship the DG hijacked (during the assault of the one planet where Calgaryl dueled Abaddon) that was heading toward Terra. Custodes could be dealing with that group.

Why bother when you know its false? PA6 is SAGA of the beast. It's a done deal.

Just like DG were done deal in Tau book? :rolleyes:

Rumors are Deathwatch will join the SWs

Eh, there is zero chance of that unless DW update is really half-assed. I just can't see GW wasting 20+ pages in one book twice to reprint vanguard/tactics/doctrines for both.

Unless DW again don't get vanguard, because frankly, why would they get sneaky marines using specialized ammunition and infiltration tactics to combat big threats silently? :down:

Eh, there is zero chance of that unless DW update is really half-assed. I just can't see GW wasting 20+ pages in one book twice to reprint vanguard/tactics/doctrines for both.

Unless DW again don't get vanguard, because frankly, why would they get sneaky marines using specialized ammunition and infiltration tactics to combat big threats silently? :down:

Well SW aren't exactly subtle, so it would work well to get SW to take the brunt of Orks and DW to cripple the waaagh and maybe attempt to kill Ghaz indirectly. It will be a blunder for both SW and DW for sure though as Ghaz will win Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Well SW aren't exactly subtle, so it would work well to get SW to take the brunt of Orks and DW to cripple the waaagh and maybe attempt to kill Ghaz indirectly. It will be a blunder for both SW and DW for sure though as Ghaz will win

Watch Russ show up and krump Ghaz like the absolute lad he is. :biggrin.:

Looks like 9 books now

Really dont get too much hopes up for either SoB and Harlequins, there is a chance both are considered treated by GW ( when you look at the PA website, the SoB icon is representative of Faith&Fury, and while the icon nor rules are given, the webstore treats Phoenix rising as a Harlequin release.) and while technically insuficient, both did get a form of rules in PA ( stratagem for SoB and Ynnari soupthings for harlequins.) so they wouldnt even break a promise.

Its going to be incredibly annoying if we get raging posts a couple of months down the road because people are building up unbased expectations.

and to contradict my warning with hype.. there is ofcourse still the case of a presumambly ex-SoB character and her ex-harlequin sidekick warning against a new big threat coming :p

Remind me again what SoB Stratagems PA provided?

Guest Triszin

*puts on tinfoil hat*

New Ghaz...

watch 8.5 edition have a MAJOR campaign on armegeddon, and Angron shows up this year to.

wolves and deathguard have to be together so the wolves can get all of the book and death guard only get some new strats, warlord traits and artifacts just like all the other chaos armies got. lol joking

You joke but I could see it.

Wolves vs DG : The Raid on Nurgles Garden. Russ, Isha, Valdor.

Edited by Triszin