Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

I'm still thinking back to those reports of Ghaz reported in several diverse locations at once and leading a gazillion ships. Have the Ork men's finally come up with a non-Warp transport (long range teleport maybe?) and he is gathering the largest Waaagh ever, and they are ALL following him back to Ullanor/Armageddon? Good luck stopping that!

Orks already have long range nonwarp teleportation, they just can't access it until they reach a certain critical mass of population. They kind of run on RTS rules if you will. They're now reaching the next tech tree.

Fulgrim has been hinted since Gathering Storm, but I'm going to repeat myself once more: GW said that Psychic Awakening isn't building up to some big finale or reveal or anything like that. There might be something hinted for people to figure out but that doesn't mean it'll be part of any Psychic Awakening book. It's really just a stepping stone to flesh out the big time gap we got after Gathering Storm and to give everyone new stuff without having to release a new batch of Codexes all over again.

So for those whom have read all the pa books so far, who had been hinted, how has it been hinted?

There's been lots of hints, but now that we're 4 books in I've noticed the Echoes of Awakening sections often have spoilers of the future books.

PA1 doesn't have this section.

PA2 had a quote regarding Voldus and Ritual of the Damned.

PA3 mentions events surrounding Ritual of the Damned.

PA4 has Greater Good propaganda.

All three books with this section mention a huge Ork fleet growing/attacking/moving about.

Trick is picking what you like out of the rest. There's a lot of bits to pick through with several factions represented. There's Emperor's Children, Striking Scorpions, Necrons via noctilith stockpiles, Thousand Sons, Sisters of Battle, Black Templars...I think you get the point :lol:

Edited by NTaW

Fulgrim has been hinted since Gathering Storm, but I'm going to repeat myself once more: GW said that Psychic Awakening isn't building up to some big finale or reveal or anything like that. There might be something hinted for people to figure out but that doesn't mean it'll be part of any Psychic Awakening book. It's really just a stepping stone to flesh out the big time gap we got after Gathering Storm and to give everyone new stuff without having to release a new batch of Codexes all over again.

The great thing about Fulgrim is that he was already set up as out and about thanks to the Gathering Storm, so they don't need to advance the clock to unleash him on the tabletops. They just need to tell us what he's been up to since he reunited with his Legion and maybe give him a nice scenario for his appearance and that's it.

With that said, I do agree that he isn't coming with Psychic Awakening, but the repeated mentions seem like they have to lead up to something, maybe after Psychic Awakening ends, that reveals just what the Emperor's Children are doing with the Haemonculi, ignoring vulnerable worlds to chase Eldar, and all that stuff. Otherwise it'll feel really strange, since that's not really the usual "the [insert Chaos Legion here] showed up and killed a bunch of dudes".

Edited by DeadFingers

If it's not a loyalist I will be mighty disappointed.

I forget the exact quote but when psychic awakening as teased weren't they talking about revealing secrets we have speculated for years and incredible fluff reveals? I don't think there has been anything that comes near to fitting that description so far.

If it's not a loyalist I will be mighty disappointed.

I forget the exact quote but when psychic awakening as teased weren't they talking about revealing secrets we have speculated for years and incredible fluff reveals? I don't think there has been anything that comes near to fitting that description so far.

Well they more or less delivered on that with PA2 as it showed regular people pulling miracles out of nowhere simply by believing in the Emperor real bad which confirmed that the Emperor is on his best way to godhood and is active again.

You know.. I'm gonna say part 8/9is webway war.

Harlequins trying to break into the palace, custodes defending, and necrons attacking both from inside the webway somehow

If there's any spoilers for pa6 in the a5 lore I will post it sat

Edited by Triszin

Harlequins trying to break into the palace, custodes defending, and necrons attacking both from inside the webway somehow

Necrons actively use the webway to get around via dolmen gates so this could be how they get involved with the story.

Tin foil box hat.

* On the off chance pa6, is wolves and Orks and a boxset exists...

My guess on contents

Ragnar

Impulsor

New primaris cqc unit

Reivers

Mega armor boss

Skaar/mad Boyz

Boom dakka snazz

+?

250usd

Ghaz by himself 95 usd

Yeeeeeees, let my bananas get good just in time for me to paint them fully.

Custodes vs Harlequins doesn't make sense based on what we've seen so far  both in 8th and in these PA books. A war in the websway is too small scale when comparing to the most recent GSC vs Tau vs Guard in which 3 major conflicts are described. The Custodes do not venture futher than the palace of Terra when it comes to the webway (iirc) so it would mean the other 2 races would have to come to them.

What would make more sense to me is:

Orks vs SW

DW vs Harlequins vs Necrons

DG vs Custodes

Orks and SW are the most obvious. Outside of the title of the book literally being a WL trait for the SW, the wolves are really the ferocity that is needed to match the orks and now they have the Wolfspear up and running.

DW vs Harlequins vs Necrons. The DW are the difficult ones for me as they would fit vs Orks too. All 3 factions hate each other and mesh well fitting each other.

DG vs Custodes makes sense to me mostly because of the timeline of PA. For sure I think DG will be in the last book because of the plague war. Of the few remaining factions, outside of SW and Custodes none of them make that much sense.

Purely speculation but to me, these make the most sense. SW get Ragnar, DW get a primaris Watchmaster and Custodes get something too I'd imagine.

Well the Orks and Space Wolves are now 100% confirmed by GW to be in "the saga of the beast" (see the end of the article):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/what-is-the-psychic-awakening/

Yes we kinda knew this already, it will be interesting to see if there is a third faction though.

Edited by Azaiel

Now I really want to see the inevitable Primaris character the Wolves are getting. Still betting on Ragnar, since the rumour was pretty much spot on, except for Greater Good being first.

But what I really, really want is to zigazig ah see Ghaz in all his plastic glory. 

Edited by DeadFingers

Now I really want to see the inevitable Primaris character the Wolves are getting. Still betting on Ragnar, since the rumour was pretty much spot on, except for Greater Good being first.

But what I really, really want is to zigazig ah see Ghaz in all his plastic glory. 

If that rumor was correct wasn't it accompanied by a box set?

Wouldn’t be surprised by a box, given some of the weirdness around Orks at the moment. There’s all the talk of Mad/Weirdboyz, the curious case of the Big Mek w/ KFF that didn’t make it into Legends but also has a specific points value in CA2019, plus that one very Orky boot on a rock from a recent WHC preview photo. Lots of possible releases, and we know how GW likes to tie those into one big, high-priced boxed set initially...