Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

I think the retcons have been deliberate to promote ambiguity. We have no idea about the fates of Dorn and Valdor in the current fluff.

Sometimes I feel like GW makes more retcons than it does new fluff. If Dorn isn't dead but just oddly missing a hand and taking 10,000 year vacation what's to stop them from retconning and/or bringing back Horus, Sanguinius, Manus, Curze and Alpharius/Omegon... And the retcons are for sure promoting ambiguity and eventually sales.

Every Primarch has a possible way of returning, at least in some form. There have been strong theories and even lore hints about it.

Horus= His soul was shoved inside Abaddon.

Sangy=Soul floats around the warp

Manus=Leads the LotD

Curze=unconfirmed death

Alpharius= Omegon isn't dead, or there is a triplet, or this Primarch can clone itself.

They could bring back dead primarchs sure, though it kinda ruins what they once were and the impactful deaths they had when they did. Really only Omegon returning back from that list would be fine. All the surviving ones returning, makes the modern setting different to HH otherwise its just a pure copy pasta and we may as well bring the big E back as well restored if everyone is showing up. 

They could bring back dead primarchs sure, though it kinda ruins what they once were and the impactful deaths they had when they did. Really only Omegon returning back from that list would be fine. All the surviving ones returning, makes the modern setting different to HH otherwise its just a pure copy pasta and we may as well bring the big E back as well restored if everyone is showing up.

Yep, they can't be far off just saying "bring them all back" as it is, ideas must be hard to come by at GW.

Edited by Pulse

I feel like Darkness in the Blood put a very big nail in Sanguinius' coffin for good. "Sanguinius is dead" is quite definitive, and the whole thing with the Sanguinor and Mephiston is honestly a lot more intriguing as a future development if they ever want to give the Blood Angels a Primarch-like figure.

On the other hand, Ferrus returning as a ghost isn't really bringing Ferrus back from the dead. He's still dead, his death still had impact, purpose and weight, and the Emperor already pulled the trick once, so if they want to keep going with the storyline that the Emperor is becoming a Warp entity, Ferrus as his "Greater Daemon" is quite fitting.

And I have already proposed this a couple times, but as long as "Alpharius" reappears in an ambiguous manner, my idea being having three of him running around at the same time so no one's sure if even one of them is one of the Primarchs of the Alpha Legion, I feel like it could be a tasteful way to do it.

Curze, however, feels like he should stay dead. He accepted death and didn't really have a reason to fake it and go into hiding or anything. The only mildly plausible scenario I can see for his return is something like Ferrus, but with the Chaos Gods forcefully pulling the strings on his unwilling soul, but as far as I know they didn't really have a claim on him to begin with, so that's a bit far fetched.

And finally, Horus, like Sanguinius, is extremely dead, and Abaddon made sure of it. If the Emperor deleting him from existence and Abaddon destroying his clones weren't enough of a sentence, GW went and made the new Abaddon model a mirror of Guilliman, cementing him as the Primarch-like figure of the Black Legion and Warmaster of Chaos. The galaxy has no need or place for Horus anymore.

Edited by DeadFingers

Every Primarch has a possible way of returning, at least in some form. There have been strong theories and even lore hints about it.

Horus= His soul was shoved inside Abaddon.

Sangy=Soul floats around the warp

Manus=Leads the LotD

Curze=unconfirmed death

Alpharius= Omegon isn't dead, or there is a triplet, or this Primarch can clone itself.

While John French is quoted as categorically stating Alpharius is dead (not sure if his comment also covers Omegon's death), something to keep in mind as a further 'out' is that it's also canon that the AL psykers during the Crusade/Heresy had also mastered some form of mind/soul transfer that allowed them to shift another Alpha Legionnaire from their original body into another's and back. Praetorian of Dorn, IIRC, also includes a scene where one AL marine drinking the blood of Alpharius gains at least some of his memories.

Arguably, GW could reveal that the 'body' of Alpharius that was struck down and killed by Dorn didn't contain Alpharius' "soul", leaving him alive in another (albeit regular) Marine's body, either by previous psychic transfer and/or some sort of 'blood transfer' ability. It's possible the whole symbolism of the hydra "chop one head another (or two) grow back" is meant to be taken more literally in the sense that the Alpha Legion can literally grow their Primarch back every time he's killed.

About Curze's Death: we know that it happened and is quite definitive.

Talos describes it himself in Soul Hunter when he's going after M'Shen as she's carrying the Night Haunter's head as a proof of success.

But they can still bring back Sevatar who's future is uncertain.

Celtic_Cauldron

I feel like Darkness in the Blood put a very big nail in Sanguinius' coffin for good. "Sanguinius is dead" is quite definitive, and the whole thing with the Sanguinor and Mephiston is honestly a lot more intriguing as a future development if they ever want to give the Blood Angels a Primarch-like figure.

On the other hand, Ferrus returning as a ghost isn't really bringing Ferrus back from the dead. He's still dead, his death still had impact, purpose and weight, and the Emperor already pulled the trick once, so if they want to keep going with the storyline that the Emperor is becoming a Warp entity, Ferrus as his "Greater Daemon" is quite fitting.

And I have already proposed this a couple times, but as long as "Alpharius" reappears in an ambiguous manner, my idea being having three of him running around at the same time so no one's sure if even one of them is one of the Primarchs of the Alpha Legion, I feel like it could be a tasteful way to do it.

Curze, however, feels like he should stay dead. He accepted death and didn't really have a reason to fake it and go into hiding or anything. The only mildly plausible scenario I can see for his return is something like Ferrus, but with the Chaos Gods forcefully pulling the strings on his unwilling soul, but as far as I know they didn't really have a claim on him to begin with, so that's a bit far fetched.

And finally, Horus, like Sanguinius, is extremely dead, and Abaddon made sure of it. If the Emperor deleting him from existence and Abaddon destroying his clones weren't enough of a sentence, GW went and made the new Abaddon model a mirror of Guilliman, cementing him as the Primarch-like figure of the Black Legion and Warmaster of Chaos. The galaxy has no need or place for Horus anymore.

Even if they'd bring back Sanguinius his death would still have had an impact, purpose and weight. He was dead for nearly 10k years now, influencing lots of the imperial culture and I'm sure his presence could have helped his sons in many ways over all these years ... like not getting almost wiped by the Tyranids and only surviving through sheer luck (without the appearance of the great rift which wrecked the Hivefleet as well as the Hivemind and also allowed for time to distorte so that Guilliman and the Primaris could arrive to finish the job in time they would've lost without question).

Not to mention that Sanguinius probably didn't know that he'd get revived so it wouldn't take away from the act of self-sacrifice at all, and even if he'd known he still sacrificed 10k years where the Imperium fought an ever so slowly losing fight against the rest of the galaxy (and the warp).

I don't get why so many people seem to think that just because a character gets revived the whole past 10 thousand years would suddenly somehow become meaningless.

Not saying he should come back though. I'm pretty neutral on that but I like the idea of Mephiston and the Sanguinor (perhaps eventually Dante?) being his replacement as two mini-Primarchs.

I'm going to suggest that if we see a Primarch as a result of the Psychic Awakening, it will only be one Primarch, and it will most likely be one that we know is active/alive.

Let's not rehash the whole discussion on which Primarchs are really dead, eh?

Let's get this back on focus.

I think PA6 will be Orks vs SW and maybe DW. Ghaz, and maybe Skar Boyz, will finally make his appearance and starting another assault front against the imperium. This will be a surprise for the SWs, as Logan doesn't think they are a threat. This will end in the SW being defeated and pushed back.

From Ashes of Prospero:

‘…orks have sought the opportunity to overrun three star systems while we are beset at Gathalamor,’ explained the Imperial Guard commander.

‘Orks are opportunists,’ replied the Great Wolf. ‘There is no plan behind their conquests, only the lust for ­battle. The Space Wolves cannot stifle every xenos threat that raises its ugly head. In the end, there will be justice. One war at a time. Gathalamor must be held first.’

DW know Ghaz is coming as a DW tower was wiped out by Ghaz and Skar Boyz, I believe it was mentioned in the DW codex. DW have been keeping an eye on Orks for awhile and now that the Octarius War has been broken up by the warp storm, the Orks are now free upon the Galaxy. Originally this was a plan by the DW to keep Orks and Tyranids busy.

This will ultimately end in Ghaz blowing 0ast them and heading to Armageddon, pushed on by instinct. This is the continuing storyline of several leads.

Let's get this back on focus.

I think PA6 will be Orks vs SW and maybe DW. Ghaz, and maybe Skar Boyz, will finally make his appearance and starting another assault front against the imperium. This will be a surprise for the SWs, as Logan doesn't think they are a threat. This will end in the SW being defeated and pushed back.

From Ashes of Prospero:

‘…orks have sought the opportunity to overrun three star systems while we are beset at Gathalamor,’ explained the Imperial Guard commander.

‘Orks are opportunists,’ replied the Great Wolf. ‘There is no plan behind their conquests, only the lust for ­battle. The Space Wolves cannot stifle every xenos threat that raises its ugly head. In the end, there will be justice. One war at a time. Gathalamor must be held first.’

DW know Ghaz is coming as a DW tower was wiped out by Ghaz and Skar Boyz, I believe it was mentioned in the DW codex. DW have been keeping an eye on Orks for awhile and now that the Octarius War has been broken up by the warp storm, the Orks are now free upon the Galaxy. Originally this was a plan by the DW to keep Orks and Tyranids busy.

This will ultimately end in Ghaz blowing 0ast them and heading to Armageddon, pushed on by instinct. This is the continuing storyline of several leads.

While this would make a lot of sense, they've passed over a TON of existing plot threads so far, and I don't see a reason to think they'll stick to them this time.  

Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

I still think.

Pa 8 or 9(the old war returns* lack of a better name)

Custodes vs harliquins vs necrons

Let's go left field.

Pa 6, Orks vs dw

Pa 8 or 9 deathgaurd vs wolves (raid on nurgles garden)

Tin foil boats made

Edited by Triszin

I'm still thinking back to those reports of Ghaz reported in several diverse locations at once and leading a gazillion ships. Have the Ork men's finally come up with a non-Warp transport (long range teleport maybe?) and he is gathering the largest Waaagh ever, and they are ALL following him back to Ullanor/Armageddon? Good luck stopping that!

I'm still thinking back to those reports of Ghaz reported in several diverse locations at once and leading a gazillion ships. Have the Ork men's finally come up with a non-Warp transport (long range teleport maybe?) and he is gathering the largest Waaagh ever, and they are ALL following him back to Ullanor/Armageddon? Good luck stopping that!

No...

There's, more....

A beast Ork, under goes something like mitosis, and duplicates itself 6~ times.

Each one leading waahhs, feeding that power back to each other.

There is more than one ghaz. There are many.

*Clip*

While this would make a lot of sense, they've passed over a TON of existing plot threads so far, and I don't see a reason to think they'll stick to them this time.

True, but this is a speculation thread and as you said it makes alot of sense. However that doesn't mean it will happen like this. All we know it could be Orks vs Necrons.