Ultramarines Supplement

Captain Idaho

I do hope GW allows primaris to use drop pods and lowers the points cost for pods

I think that might happen eventually. But not before GW have finished releasing Primaris transports. Or it might be like Jokernaught says and we get a different Drop Pod for Primaris.

With all the buffs to ultramarines previewed, do you guys think that Guilliman will keep his reroll-auras? I'm leaning more and more towards a nerf coming in his direction, at least removing the reroll all failed wounds? Or maybe making it apply "only" to models wholly within 6" and not units within?

Edited by ChaoticEric

Guilliman will be unchanged. The fact GW didn't even mention his rules changes yet talked about how he's still in the Codex as a powerful character is pretty clear.

Of course Guilliman benefits from the Doctrines and other Ultramarines boosts. That's pretty good as is...

Edited by Captain Idaho

I don't think Guilliman needs a buff or nerf, I like him as is. I only take him in large games, as he should be imo, so his price point is no worry. He's still very effective in his current state.

And as Idaho mentioned, he's gaining a minor buff from all the new rules anyway.

I expect him to get a rules boost.

A boost even? Wouldn't that be pretty aggressive? :)

I don't think Guilliman needs a buff or nerf, I like him as is. I only take him in large games, as he should be imo, so his price point is no worry. He's still very effective in his current state.

And as Idaho mentioned, he's gaining a minor buff from all the new rules anyway.

Won't the pretty drastically improved bolters be a strong buff with the logic that increasing the amounts and quality (better ap) of shots he provides rerolls for?

Guilliman will be unchanged. The fact GW didn't even mention his rules changes yet talked about how he's still in the Codex as a powerful character is pretty clear.

Of course Guilliman benefits from the Doctrines and other Ultramarines boosts. That's pretty good as is...

That's a good point. The new GW seem to be good at managing the expectations of the audience before dropping major changes.

I think the strongest single element Guilliman brings (aside from carrying a Fire Sword!) is re-rolling to wounds on medium to low strength weaponry. As we now know, all of that stuff got a buff. So my lists where I have a plethora of that kind of weaponry...especially HoG's, and heavy flamers, (and typically I tried to take 2 redemptors), that all just made him inherently that much more efficient since most of that stuff will now hit more often (in my Redemptor case) and with more punch (AP).

My last games I've come to feel that Guilliman is where he should be for points. I agree with everyone saying he really shouldn't change that much specifically. The general boost to marines makes him better, but at 400 points he's still more than... let's say an Executioner Repulsor which I still think is probably one of our best units in the codex. 

Not sure it was mentioned but Master of prescience for Tiggy got better I think.  You declrae at the beginning of the batlle round and it lasts for eth battle round.  so shooting and mele.

Nice.

Yea it reminds me of the Litanies from Dark Apostles. It's good... but it always means he starts the game on the table which I hate with all the sniper type stuff in the game. lol

His Psychic phase is no joke now though. He's kind of like Ahriman now in a way. He'll have a very high level of utility. This is great for me since I've had him in nearly every list for years. 

Can't wait to see the Chaplain rules... squee.

Wonder when the YouTubers get the review copies? Normally ahead of release by about a week so in theory it should be this weekend, but this is a special release.

I'm hoping GW do two supplements a week so that everyone can be updated within a month.

Are Scars coming out at the same time as Ultras or is it the week after?

I'm hoping GW do two supplements a week so that everyone can be updated within a month.

Are Scars coming out at the same time as Ultras or is it the week after?

I'd love that, but I fear it would be pretty unprecedented to have that many releases across such a short time period.

We're receiving 3 books and 3 models this week alongside all the gubbins like a new upgrade kit, the datacards, the dice, etc. There are still 7 new kits to release* and ostensibly 2 kits (1 HQ, 1 upgrade) per Supplement planned. That's 4 more books, so at least 4 additional models and the assorted gubbins all before we even consider what the Fists might bring with the number of famous second founding Chapters they include. I like how positive you can be Ish, but an aggressive release schedule like that seems too good to be true. 

* the seven kits:

• Incursor
  • Infiltrator
  • Invictor
  • Impulsor
  • Eliminators
  • Phobos Lieutenant
  • Phobos Librarian
Edited by Lemondish

Incursor's and Infiltrators are one kit, so it's six new kits. That said, there's been no sign of a multipart Suppressor kit yet and it's safe to assume at some point, they'll go on general release. Now that Shadowspear appears to be OOP and Suppressor's will be in the Codex*, we'll be in a situation where you have a unit in a Codex that has no available models, something GW do not like. So I'd think multi-part Suppressor's will be sooner, rather than later.

* or at least I assume they will be.

No rumour regarding suppressors coming out, and they haven’t been featured in any of the ‘new units’ articles GW has put out, possibly they’ll form part of the 3rd wave whenever that is, along with more gravis units?

Actually Suppressors became a lot more attractive to me with Scions. I use them anyway just because they are a cheap, fast unit.

I am hoping Guilliman and Calgar get a reroll any/all rule as this seems to be happening more often as a built work around for so much of the - to hit crap I keep running into at tournaments.