BA Codex 0.2 Speculation/Discussion

Indefragable

Maybe they'll go: 2 Supplements -> non-Codex Astartes -> 2 Supplements -> non-Codex Astartes -> 2 Supplements -> non-Codex Astartes? Would be pretty awesome not having to wait for them to work through all (probably) 6 supplements first.

A campaign wouldn't be a bad idea. It could lead up to the next primarch reveal. We all know it is coming eventually. Last time I delved into the forums discussing them it was either DA or SW based off speculation. Maybe the Lion is coming back?

Regardless of primarchs coming back I really hope they don't bring back Sanguinius. It would belittle his sacrifice. Though I do agree that making the Sanguinor maybe a psychic manifestation of his spirit could be cool.

Also, just to stay on topic. I don't mind BA 2.0 being delayed. We all know how power creep works and getting our update later in the queue might be good for us in the long run.

I love this game. But sadly, I think competitive play is the issue. I understand the need for balance. I prefer playing with points as it ensures are more even playing field than playing with just power levels. But I think balancing a game with this many units and factions is very difficult. Look at any competitive computer game and the constant nerfs and buffs they have to give to units to try and balance their game. Balancing armies is never an easy task and I think GW is making an effort in doing this. I'm also of the mind that you should buff and not nerf units/characters/items. It seems, so far, that GW mostly agrees with this philosophy. Something else to keep in mind is that GW's updates move a lot slower than computer games. It is going to take time for them to get the game as close to balanced as possible. They have zero reason to not want it balanced. Balance = profits. 

Anyway, I might sound like a GW spokesperson right now but I'm not. I just remember was GW was like under it's previous management. This GW is so much better that I find it difficult to doubt their desires and intent.

Also, thank you everyone for the small terminator discussion. I agree they are slow for the current game state. Maybe one day I'll get them built and painted but most likely I'll be trying to sell them off. I prefer the Primaris line much more than the old marines. The lines are so much smoother and it is that new look that has prevented me from falling into T'au. My all primaris force, The Roaring Lions, are going to be used as a *counts as" army so I can play with all of the rules. But I'm a Flesh Tearer at heart. I'll save my old marine desires for my Renegade White Scars. 

P.S. I know Gabriel Seth doesn't trust the primaris. But he has them at his command now and will use them as the tools he needs. He may be stubborn but he is smart. I have a feeling he will come to see them as brothers and eventually accept the primaris upgrade. I'm working on a primaris conversion for him now. Well, using primaris parts to make him bigger anyway. Also going to be making his sword from that white plastic material eventually. This is a project that is going to take me a few years, because I'm old and slow, but I'll get it done eventually. :biggrin.:

Also, everyone cheer up! GW is listening and they are trying not to make changes that will chase away their niche player base. Have some faith in the company that has done a 180 for their players. Give it time. 

Which Warhammer Store do you run?

:wink:

A campaign wouldn't be a bad idea. It could lead up to the next primarch reveal. We all know it is coming eventually. Last time I delved into the forums discussing them it was either DA or SW based off speculation. Maybe the Lion is coming back?

Regardless of primarchs coming back I really hope they don't bring back Sanguinius. It would belittle his sacrifice. Though I do agree that making the Sanguinor maybe a psychic manifestation of his spirit could be cool.

Also, just to stay on topic. I don't mind BA 2.0 being delayed. We all know how power creep works and getting our update later in the queue might be good for us in the long run.

I really thought it was going to be Khan! But that hope is dwindling quicker and quicker!

I rather don't play at all than playing Open Play to be honest.

Narrative is fine if you play with points and an opponent that doesn't play an army that can abuse the lack of restrictions (like infinite summoning and Stratagem spamming).

Open war is awesome with the right group. Building your own land raiders etc is brilliant. It sucks you have a crap group that would abuse that. Mine doesn't and it has been nothing but astounding!

Narrative is fine if you play with points and an opponent that doesn't play an army that can abuse the lack of restrictions (like infinite summoning and Stratagem spamming).

Open war is awesome with the right group. Building your own land raiders etc is brilliant. It sucks you have a crap group that would abuse that. Mine doesn't and it has been nothing but astounding!

I never said that my group would abuse that nor that it's a crap group. It's just not for me.

I never said that my group would abuse that nor that it's a crap group. It's just not for me.

You say those things consistently, but reading your comments always insinuates the opposite of what you say. It cant be just me misinterpreting your forum texts.

You say those things consistently, but reading your comments always insinuates the opposite of what you say. It cant be just me misinterpreting your forum texts.

Uhm yeah I tend to avoid writing things about my group because they are completely irrelevant for other people. Just because my group is rather casual doesn't mean I can't write about competetive things online. I also know how super competetive T'au lists look and work while for example my T'au lists when playing in my group usually consists of 20-30 Pathfinders, Stealth Suits, Ghostkeels, Kroot, just one Commander without Fusion Blasters, and not a single Riptide or Cadre Fireblade (just to name a few non-meta and meta units).

Not sure why that's difficult to grasp for you.

https://youtu.be/KGAjA2qmgvQ?t=66

Everybody calm down! :biggrin.:

Anyway, 

Which Warhammer Store do you run?

:wink:

The imaginary one sadly. I would love to own and run a war gaming store. But it is not in the cards for me at the moment.

Primaris dark angels = new upgrade sprue?

Pretty sure you mean Primaris Chaos sprue. Everyone knows the first legion are followers of Chaos. :tongue.:

On another note. If Blood Angels get access to some of these things that the codex marines are getting, then Primaris Blood Angels are going to super super strong! +1 atk, +1 str(chalice). Blood Angel Primaris were already super good.. now their going to be...

1taxt2.jpg

I would rather the soon-to-be released PDF gives us Shock Assault, access to all the vanguard/new shiny primaris stuff, and maybe one little tweak and the "good stuff" be saved for a BA 0.2 codex down the line. I will always err on the side of having GW taking their time and doing it right rather than rush to keep up with the cool kids....but then again I'm a patient one.

Also, I really thought the +1D on the charge that White Scars would be something for us, or at least for Death Company. I think it's such a good bonus because it means any of your units can reliably take on multi-wound models. Oh well, always room for other things!

Hidden Content

White Scars Captain on a bike, moving+advancing+charging 32" with a 4D hammer is pretty nuts.

Uhm yeah I tend to avoid writing things about my group because they are completely irrelevant for other people. Just because my group is rather casual doesn't mean I can't write about competetive things online. I also know how super competetive T'au lists look and work while for example my T'au lists when playing in my group usually consists of 20-30 Pathfinders, Stealth Suits, Ghostkeels, Kroot, just one Commander without Fusion Blasters, and not a single Riptide or Cadre Fireblade (just to name a few non-meta and meta units).

Let's back up. What I mean is you are constantly back tracking on what you say. I.e. I didnt say this or that. Though from some readers that is the interpretation. Perhaps it is just a miscommunication, or I just always read your responses as such. You stated that you wouldn't play Open War because it is too easily abused. Ergo from my perspective you are referencing your own group and meta, because outside of your group you shouldn't be saying Open War to begin with.

No malice in this post or the previous reply. It wasnt my intention to derail this thread. Apologies.

Let's back up. What I mean is you are constantly back tracking on what you say. I.e. I didnt say this or that. Though from some readers that is the interpretation. Perhaps it is just a miscommunication, or I just always read your responses as such. You stated that you wouldn't play Open War because it is too easily abused. Ergo from my perspective you are referencing your own group and meta, because outside of your group you shouldn't be saying Open War to begin with.

No malice in this post or the previous reply. It wasnt my intention to derail this thread. Apologies.

Seems you are simply misreading then.

I said I'm not playing Open Play. Full stop.

Then I said Narrative Play is okay under some conditions.

With no word I ever referenced anything to my group. You are interpreting way too much into what I write. Just read it as it is. That's not "constantly back tracking" either when I correct your misinterpretation of my posts.

I didn't know where else to put this, but thought that it relevent to New Codex stuff. So NZ Pre-Orders are up and the Codex Space Marine Indominus Edition comes with a Poster.

CBcbh8D.jpg

Circled in Red, Primaris Knights of Blood. Just Sayin.

That poster isn't new. It's been in the Conquest stuff months ago already iirc.

Vanilla codex leaks reveal Drop pods can deep strike turn 1.

BROTHERS, COMMENCE STEEL RAIN!

I was wondering what you’d drop turn 1.

No primaris. No terminators. A vanguard squad or some honour guard equivalent, perhaps a dreadnought at most.

Not too scary, but perhaps interesting when spammed. Wonder what it’ll cost per pod.

Archived