BA Codex 0.2 Speculation/Discussion

Indefragable

12 ppm and 20 for grav I heard.

Yeah, I’ll take that.

Why use a tac squad when you can get 8 Grav cannons in that pod... :D

To spread out a bit! With the tactical squads coming from Troops, they can also score the objectives the Devs are supposed to clear out.

But yeah, you’ll need another drop pod for this to really work...

Why use a tac squad when you can get 8 Grav cannons in that pod... :biggrin.:

The only annoying thing is that you cannot fit any buffing characters in there. I guess a JP Cap or Lt can either hop up to buff the squads or UWOF if you want to land well beyond your deployment zone.

Why use a tac squad when you can get 8 Grav cannons in that pod... :D

The only annoying thing is that you cannot fit any buffing characters in there. I guess a JP Cap or Lt can either hop up to buff the squads or UWOF if you want to land well beyond your deployment zone.

The leaked SM grav stratagem would help as well...1 CP to re-roll wounds and damage rolls for one unit’s grav weapons.

Our Characters are so amazing, they are why I love Blood Angels so much. Honestly, loosing any of them will be a tragedy, while getting an updated version (Primaris or not) will be bloody great. My fear is that we might experience both.

Allegedly Intercessor sergeants will be able to take thunder hammers, which are going down to 14pts for non-characters. 4 attacks in the first round of combat could make "sergeant smash" a thing, and make Intercessors even more dangerous.

This also is just awesome for modeling purposes, Thunder hammers look amazing on Primaris, though I wish they could be relic blades too, or I might do relic blades for modeling counts as thunder hammer.

I just watched the White Scars supplement video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS5K004krwI), and i can see a good sign of what will be normally be added to our own codex, which is the Special Issue Wargear (think Relics for Successors and Relic-2 for Blood Angels), and by the look of it, and by comparing it with the Ultramarine supplement, we should see added to our codex :

- Adamatine Mantle

- Artificer Armour

- Master Crafter Weapon

- Digital Weapons

- And 4 other more specific Blood Angels Special Issue Wargear (with one of them certainly being the rare Bloodshard Bolts.)

--------------------------------------

Plus following the new Space Marines codex + Supplement trand, maybe, with some hope (for one can still hope^^), something to represent the more Violent Blood Angels successors...something like a Flesh Tearers Supplement. (The is a precedent with the Shield of Baal supplements.)

As long as I can still get Heavy Flamers and normal Flamers on my Tacticals. That is the most important thing to me. I have a freakishly large pool of Blood Angel Flamers & Heavy Flamers waiting to be built.

I remain optimistic... So it seems we don't get all the new hotness of doctrines vanilla marines get, we do have to logically assume we'll get something equivalent. Otherwise there would be too much disconnect- BA are still a chapter of space marines, after all. So I'm thinking we'll get a similar flavour of new rules, just in a more choppy BA oriented fashion. Let's face it just the Angels of Death rule on it's own is already pretty excellent for us.

If not then I'll just be that guy and go around telling people about how the Blood Drinkers are a codex compliant chapter in the fluff so I'm justified in using vanilla marine rules :biggrin.:

Sir, you assume I would only be taking a single pod....!

I know this isn't really an issue with Blood Angels players, as we have a lot of really good non-primaris options, but does anyone else think that the new drop pod rules are going to increase the purchase of the old marine line? Currently, and I have not seen the new drop pod rules in the space marine book, drop pods cannot carry Primaris. Does anyone else think that this should alleviate the fears of GW phasing out the old model lines?

Also, really looking forward to our next codex/supplement. Does anyone know if Blood Agents are going to use the space marine codex and just have a supplement or if we are going to get a stand alone codex?

I know this isn't really an issue with Blood Angels players, as we have a lot of really good non-primaris options, but does anyone else think that the new drop pod rules are going to increase the purchase of the old marine line? Currently, and I have not seen the new drop pod rules in the space marine book, drop pods cannot carry Primaris. Does anyone else think that this should alleviate the fears of GW phasing out the old model lines?

Also, really looking forward to our next codex/supplement. Does anyone know if Blood Agents are going to use the space marine codex and just have a supplement or if we are going to get a stand alone codex?

It's a total unknown right now. But probably stand alone still

The new Codex doesn't even mention BA / SW / DA and also outright says that rules for these Chapters are in other purblications. We will have our own.

My understanding is a PDF will be released updating our current codex to be consistent with the changes in the new Space Marines codex.  This is unlikely to include outright new rules like tactical doctrines, but should include things like shock assault/angels of death, points changes, data sheet additions/changes, etc.  Hopefully this will be released the same day the codex goes live, this Saturday.  

12 ppm and 20 for grav I heard.

My understanding was tacticals are dropping to 12 but devastators are staying at 13.

After some research, it appears you are correct! Just Tacs and ASM without JP got the 1 point drop! 

ASM would need more than a points drop, but I think that meltacides could be viable again with Angels of Death. Not competitive, but useable.

Tacs needed that points drop as well. The discrepancy between scouts and full marines is too big still to make them worthwhile with the strong deployment option that scouts get.

If the Intercessor Sgts can take Thunder Hammers, I might have to pick up the easy-to-build ones and convert them all to sgts with TH just so I have enough.

Easily done. The "pointing" sergeant is great for converting in this way. I did a couple of Space Wolf ones with Chainswords but the principle should be easy enough.

med_gallery_82363_15236_326797.jpg

Sir, you assume I would only be taking a single pod....!

Thank you for pointing out my error Brother. I will endevour to correct it. :wink: