Will Vulkan He'Stan be Primaris'd?

We've seen Tigurius and Kor'asso get their steroid injection. 

Do we expect to see our own special character get his swole on in the near future? 

I'm torn on if I want it or not. I'm not a Primaris player, but I like He'Stan, so I'll have conflict there. But then again I think GW could do a better model than the current He'Stan, and I'd like to see what they do with it.

Thoughts?

Everybody will be Primaris'ed eventually, the only question is when, not if.

If you mean by 2030, then yeah, maybe :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't see it. Primaris characters got new versions of their old wargear usually, and Vulkan has two primarch relics on him. They can't replace them, can't really give him gear no one else in primaris range has (unless they make huge exception for him), I can maybe see it when primaris get power spears/relic blades/flamers, not earlier.

Seeing as Vulkan He'stan is first and foremost the Forgefather, I can actually see the Primaris 'He'stan' be another Salamander entirely. Vulkan Er'satz has a nice ring to it.

All it takes is He'stan dying and a new Forgefather will need to be elected; and naturally his relics will be passed on to the next bearer of that title. The Gauntlet of the Forge might prove a tight fit, but the Spear of Vulkan cares not for the Primaris' increased height and perhaps Kesare's Mantle will stop catching all these dust bunnies as the Forgefather roams across the surface and down the depths of every planet in the galaxy.

I can't actually see it that much, however, and fully expect Vulkan He'stan to survive the Rubicon Primaris operation.

I mean... Salamanders could get really lucky and Vulkan could come home. I mean... I'd be excited about it for sure. We all know he can't die.

Edited by Aothaine

• 4 weeks later...

The Forgefather, of all named characters, is a perfect fit (sadly) for being killed off by the Rubicon. Xavier went too.

But on the other hand, killing off and introducing a Primaris Forgefather would be a pretty substantial development for the Chapter, potentially, and frankly a bit more interesting than what the UM/Scars/RG have had. (I'm curious for the Iron Hands, but also sceptical that they'll redeem the IH mess better than David Guymer's been doing.)

I vote Primaris and a Rubicon failure. (Though I'd accept a compromise of He'stan dying in other circumstances, and the replacement just being a non-Rubicon 'boring' [more compelling, to me] Primaris.)

The Forgefather, of all named characters, is a perfect fit (sadly) for being killed off by the Rubicon. Xavier went too.

But on the other hand, killing off and introducing a Primaris Forgefather would be a pretty substantial development for the Chapter, potentially, and frankly a bit more interesting than what the UM/Scars/RG have had. (I'm curious for the Iron Hands, but also sceptical that they'll redeem the IH mess better than David Guymer's been doing.)

I vote Primaris and a Rubicon failure. (Though I'd accept a compromise of He'stan dying in other circumstances, and the replacement just being a non-Rubicon 'boring' [more compelling, to me] Primaris.)

I don't see that happening personally, because of the importance of the Forgefather, I don't see a Primaris being elevated to that role so quickly. 

Only if it was a Primaris who had met Vulkan before being put on ice would it make sense to me.

(Not relevant for this forum, but my 2 cents for most likely character to die crossing the Rubicon is Logan Grimnir, so they can ascend the  Ragnar as the great wolf like they've always said in his fluff)

I for one hope not. A fluff appropriate Primaris version of him shouldn't be much different than he is now aside from buffed stats. That would be a bit boring, and his flamer/melta buff wouldn't match as well as it does with oldschool marines. That said, we're probably getting Primaris He'stan.

Personally, I'd much rather have a new character.  If they go that route, I'd wager on Tu'shan in Gravis or a chaplain. So far we've got Primaris character versions of a normal captain, librarian, bike captain, and techmarine. That leaves heavily armored HQ, lieutenant, and chaplain characters left to go. Chaplain might be getting saved for the Templars, though, if they're not getting a Primaris Champion.

I would rather see Xavier come back. Primaris armor just, I just don't think a Primaris version of He'stan would look near as unique and cool.

I would say I want to see Tu'shan but since there is no MkX terminator armor I do NOT want to see Tu'shan in Gravis 'beer belly' armor.

They seriously need a new version of terminator armor before I even think about starting a Primaris army.

Anyway, I can't see it. Primaris characters got new versions of their old wargear usually, and Vulkan has two primarch relics on him. They can't replace them, can't really give him gear no one else in primaris range has (unless they make huge exception for him), I can maybe see it when primaris get power spears/relic blades/flamers, not earlier.

Err... The Primaris Rubicon'd named character ALL have their OG weapons. Calgar, Shrike (well, he got a new pistol and the Raven's Talons got a redesign, but now they actually look like Corax designed them so /shrug), Tigurius, Kor'sarro Khan.... they all have their weapons from their previous incarnation. Tigurius even has his special Psychic Hood.

Hell, if we count Shrike and Tigurius, they have weapons that Primaris Marines don't have access to, period (Lightning Claws, Force Staff) as of right now.

So He'stan having Primarch Relics as a Primaris can work because he'd just be using what he's been using. Like the other guys. Especially since his Primarch Relics are.... A Power Spear and wrist-mounted Flamer? :lol:

I was thinking about this last night, and while I think a Primaris Hestan would be cool, his flamer/melta boost would be nearly useless for Primaris. We only have one unit with flamers, and even with Hestans boost their boltstorms are the superior choice. He wouldn't be able to ride in any transports with anything that wants to be near him. So, I agree that it should be a new character of Tushan that gets Primaris'd.

• 2 weeks later...

Err... The Primaris Rubicon'd named character ALL have their OG weapons. Calgar, Shrike (well, he got a new pistol and the Raven's Talons got a redesign, but now they actually look like Corax designed them so /shrug), Tigurius, Kor'sarro Khan.... they all have their weapons from their previous incarnation. Tigurius even has his special Psychic Hood.

Hell, if we count Shrike and Tigurius, they have weapons that Primaris Marines don't have access to, period (Lightning Claws, Force Staff) as of right now.

So He'stan having Primarch Relics as a Primaris can work because he'd just be using what he's been using. Like the other guys. Especially since his Primarch Relics are.... A Power Spear and wrist-mounted Flamer? :laugh.:

So, you were saying? :teehee:

Just like I said, they would need to completely redesign primarch's relics, and unlike in 5th edition where he was released, we now know how big primarchs are and I'd guess design team just didn't want to open that can of worms. Especially seeing the other 2 models with primarch stuff, IF and CF characters, were skipped too and won't get primaris version in foreseeable future.

The other models you mentioned all have bog standard junk you can resize and alter on a whim, this is simply not done with relics that belonged to Dorn/Vulcan/Khan etc. While you're 'technically' correct with claws/staff, these are just variants of fist/force weapons primaris already have, and anyway, these can be modified easily.