How has the new codex performed for you?

Medjugorje

I just use a brigade. We can fill an elite slot for 6 points, our troops arent a tax, and I normally run 3 characters anyway.

No reason to try anything else imho

the main problem here is the heavy slot... there is nothing really cheap in it.

2 Battallion could be better because like you said - 6 Troops are not a tax. In my lists 4 HQs also no tax

1-2 Captains, 1 Lieutnant, 0-1 Chaplain, 1 Emperors Champion)

Edited by Medjugorje

I just use a brigade. We can fill an elite slot for 6 points, our troops arent a tax, and I normally run 3 characters anyway.

2 Battallion could be better because like you said - 6 Troops are not a tax. In my lists 4 HQs also no tax

2 eliminators, 1 thunder fire cannon. Could be an Option. But else jeah. Most marine tanks are either too expensive or lackluster or the Sicaran which is an elite for some reason.

But jeah troops and characters are not a Problem to fill out.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

My option for the heavy slot is usually Grav Devastators + Pod or Hellblasters + Impulsor.

The hardest one for me is always the Fast Attack slot. I don't own any land speeders, I really like my Plasma Inceptors, and I feel like Suppressors are almost a requirement for us with shutting down overwatch. Once the actual kit for Suppressors comes out I think I'm going to get another squad. 

Edited by SydonianDragoon404

I was pretty surprised how good 3 Bikes are. Its 12 Bolter shots + 3 special weapons (if you want them).

Enough to leave a screen to morale and at least take a swing at something bigger.

I am unsure about suppressors and dont really like the models tbh

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

2 eliminators, 1 thunder fire cannon. Could be an Option. But else jeah. Most marine tanks are either too expensive or lackluster or the Sicaran which is an elite for some reason.

But jeah troops and characters are not a Problem to fill out.

okay - that could be a thing

My option for the heavy slot is usually Grav Devastators + Pod or Hellblasters + Impulsor.

The hardest one for me is always the Fast Attack slot. I don't own any land speeders, I really like my Plasma Inceptors, and I feel like Suppressors are almost a requirement for us with shutting down overwatch. Once the actual kit for Suppressors comes out I think I'm going to get another squad. 

Grav Devas and Pod + Hellblasters + Impulsor is very very very expensive. If you use a Brigade Detachment - there are no points left for our goodies then (Vanguards, Temrinators...)

I am unsure about suppressors and dont really like the models tbh

I dont like them too. But they are very strong so far.

Edited by Medjugorje

Brothers I felt the same way about suppressors, so I made some...adjustments...

The pictures are too big to post here so I have to post an imgur link

https://imgur.com/gallery/x5nHH1W

Edit: Here we go

LOtBZjrl.jpg

cUFPFr5l.jpg

3LQ62BDl.jpg

5ixHIX0l.jpg

Edited by SydonianDragoon404

I often use all 5 heavy slots with 3x devastators, thunderfire, and eliminstors.

Ever since i read "crusaders of dorn" and read about new initiates being put in dev squads because no one else wants to do it, i always include some.

its okay - but I always think that with such lists you could Play other chapters with them much better then templars with their Bonus on charges.

Not because I would do it, more because, If I would Play such a list, I would complain how much better another chapter would be.

Edited by Medjugorje

I played a couple of low-points tournaments (750 and 1250 pts) with my BT, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

MSU las-plas Crusaders work wery good, and big blob of melee Crusaders with supporting characters is decent melee threat to mid-field objective cappers.

I use grav centurions and helblasters for fire support.

The toughest opponents for me were Tau and Eldar, but IMO so far current codex is the best for BT since 5th edition.