Completely rampant speculation for Armageddon round 4

Doctor Perils

I'll preface this by reminding us all this is a discussion on speculation, not rumours!

So, by now it seems pretty sure that the Imperial fists and their successors will be getting a codex supplement soon, and perhaps alongside the Salamanders. We've also heard of a rumour suggesting that black templars and orks will be getting a new starter box, and that a new Gazhkull would be released at around the same time.

For me, this immediately gets my brain thinking about a new Fourth War of Armageddon campaign. Not only would it be an easy way of getting Templars and Orks involved, Salamanders were also an important participant in previous wars. By including a side campaign in the Loki sector, you'd also have Crimson Fists able to participate rather easily.

Plus, we know it's just a matter of time before a World Eaters codex gets released :devil:

So, the main topic of this discussion is: do you think Games Workshop are likely to create such a campaign, and what would you like to see from it - whether that's fluff, rules or models? Plus, do you think this would be linked to Psychic Awakening, and if so, how?

-------

I'll start off by adding that I think such a campaign would be an ideal time to release the updated codices for Blood Angels and Space Wolves.

I think this would be the best opportunity to release new guard models - I think a generic trenchcoat model would work fine, and if you've been reading the Ork webcomic on WarCom, you might have noticed trenchcoat guardsmen with Cadian helmets, and the design looked pretty cool.

I however don't think we should expect this alongside Psychic Awakening - however much latent psychic abilities the Orks have, I don't think GW would risk messing with the current feel of the Orks.

Tbh, since I'm hoping this release could include a close quarters Primaris "chamber" (chainswords, flamers and meltas), Gaz and perhaps some new Boyz and stuff, as well as new guardsmen and berserkers, this could be as large a scale as the vigilus campaign, if not more (Vigilus having had Genestealers, chaos and vanguard, but no second Imperial faction) so I'd like to see it spread out in a similar fashion over the beginning of next year. Kirioth mentions the new starter box coming alongside the supplements in about four months time, so perhaps just in time for Christmas purchases, with the meat of the new stuff Q1 2020?

Thing is, there's no reason to suppose that an IF supplement will include Templars and CFs. In fact, if they did that it'd be pretty :censored:y on GW's part imo. If the Scars can get a supplement all to themselves, the Fists shouldn't have theirs split 3 ways. Tying Armageddon to the IFs and CFs would be weird too, as the IFs have never really been involved in previous Armageddon Wars, and the Loki sector/Rynn's World are in completely different Segmenta to Armageddon.

They're also unlikely to release 2 SM supplements and 2 variant SM dexes in a similar time period. You're also unlikely to see a new Guard troop box/design without a Guard dex, so that'd be yet another Imperial book.

A 4th Armageddon as described sounds just like 'Vigilus V2'. Imperium fights xenos in part one, then Chaos arrives and everyone forgets about the Orks.

Tbh, we don't really have enough info of the psychic awakening thing to treat anything as gospel. For all we know it could be more of  'crunch focussed' thing insteadof another fluff dumb, more akin to Cities of Death than Vigilius or Gathering Storm.

So, while a 4th Armageddon is entirely plausible for a 'next big campaign', I think you're hoping for far more stuff (especially 'stuff for Imperial factions') than is likely. If it's hypothetically after Psychic Awakening then that'd take it into next year, long past when most are expecting the first wave of SM supplements to be done. Armageddon is more likely to just be 'we're adding a dedicated BT supplement' alongside an Ork/Chaos release. Instead of 'here's 2 Marine Supplements, 2 Marine dexes, and the biggest Guard release for 16 years'.

I am fairly certain a new beast (ghaz) will spur another primarch to the front. The question is who, but I don't necessarily think it's going to be the ones who faced the beast before.

Slightly off topic, but where did the rumour for a BT v Ork boxset come from? Any validity to it?

Kiroth, claims person who sent it to him has accurately sent him things about Blackstone fortress in the past.

And if beast ghaz does attack amrageddon, I fully suspect Orks will take it and teleport it back to the ullanor system. Where it will once again become a throne of the new Ork empire

Edited by Triszin

Would love to see Angron and his World Eaters get involved (even if not straight away). Besides my obvious Chaos bias, the more Black Templars the better - Primaris Templars armed with glorious melee weapons and clad in gothic finery sound like just the tonic for those who aren't overly fond of the homogenised and high-tech Primaris aesthetic.

Can happen.

I dont expect BT and CF to be on the Fists supplement. Having looked at UM and WS, they barely mention Sucessors.

Faith will be tested can refer to BT, since they are religious, The beast Roars, obviously Orks, and an ancient shadow, could be necrons or chaos.

Things add up. Personally I think we might have a tooth and claw type of box set with with the rules on the campaign book or on a small vanguard codex type of thing with the box set. It's also a good way to expand the warzones.

BT will have a couple of miniatures maybe, I can see other factions having the bulk of the release.

If it's a tooth n claw style

Bt: invictor, reivers, gravis something, ec

Orks: some new boss, skate Boyz, Boyz, dread

I would kind hope those weren’t the units for BT to be honest. The first two don’t really represent the chapters way of war very well. BT aren’t stealth/infiltration fighters. They’re much more toe to toe battle line imo. I’d much rather see BT intercessors armed with chainswords.

I think Primaris EC is a safe bet though. After all, it’s not like anyone has to cross the rubicon for that.

If it's a tooth n claw style

Bt: invictor, reivers, gravis something, ec

Orks: some new boss, skate Boyz, Boyz, dread

I would kind hope those weren’t the units for BT to be honest. The first two don’t really represent the chapters way of war very well. BT aren’t stealth/infiltration fighters. They’re much more toe to toe battle line imo. I’d much rather see BT intercessors armed with chainswords.

I think Primaris EC is a safe bet though. After all, it’s not like anyone has to cross the rubicon for that.

Have to agree. We might have an EC, a Regular unnamed Marshall (wouldnlove to see some sword bros bodyguards) and the run of the mill intercessors. With luck sprues with chainswords ;).

Could see a dread aswell. Those units would fit perfectly.

World Eaters aside I would love nothing more than an Armageddon Campaign.  Like Vigilus we could see small updated for ALOT of different faction and some larger updates for a few.  Sisters could be the big update.  Would love to see a tooth and claw type set for BT and Orks.  Maybe a few HQ models and god willing a steel legion type unit for guard.  I think Steel Legion, Orks, Templars and WE could bring a dirty grimy brutality back to the universe that i feel Vigilus was lacking a bit.

If they do have another Armageddon campaign I kind of hope they keep t a bit more focussed than the Vigilus one. Limit it to the Imperial forces on planet, Orks and Khorne/World eaters. That’s still a lot of factions but it keeps the campaign more tightly centred.

That way you can tell a really great narrative without having to involve everyone and their dog like Vigilus did.

I feel like the fighting there would be more........passionate than vigilus.   Orks trying to retake their BIG world that imperium stole from them. Demons fighting each other and trying to Summon a Daemon Primarch and obviously the imperium trying no to let either of these "Terrible" things happen.  Plus there's already sooooo much history here it would be nice to see it all come to a head and as much as i LOVE BT and SL it would be nice for orks or WE to have a tru decisive victory

The addition of the demons robs oldmageddon from having any kind of impact on the universe. Its half a demon world now. It can't be reclaimed. There is nothing for the Imperium to keep fighting for. 

Well except to stop a third demon Primarch from coming back......seems like quite a bit to fight for to me

The addition of the demons robs oldmageddon from having any kind of impact on the universe. Its half a demon world now. It can't be reclaimed. There is nothing for the Imperium to keep fighting for. 

Well except to stop a third demon Primarch from coming back......seems like quite a bit to fight for to me

Hi, I am from the future and I came to tell you that the Imperium's mission to stop a third extremely lucrative and high selling kit  Primarch from returning was a failure. 

Hi, I am from the future and I came to tell you that the Imperium's mission to stop a third extremely lucrative and high selling kit  Primarch from returning was a failure. 

PUURRRRFECTTTTTT any insight into the release of this kit ;) haha. Still doesn't mean they wont try haha

Watch lorgar show up and get his best bud angron out and about on Armageddon only for beast ghaz to chase everyone off the planet and then a million of his ships crash on stmegeddon and move it back to ullanor system.

Imperium was like uhh, we saw those two on the planet and the Orks, so we stopped shooting the Orks and opened the path and told them big fight on the planet for ya.

I'm going to be very upset if we end up with another Fall of Cadia situation, wherein the Imperial Guard are relegated to side characters in what should really be one of their big, defining moments. But after Creed took a backseat to two new, non-Guard characters and Celestine in what should've been his time to shine, I won't be surprised.

I know most people here are Marine players, but if Yarrick's rivalry with Ghaz is just mentioned off-hand, and is instead given over to Primaris'ed Marine characters, I will be very, very unhappy. If Angorn and the World Eaters show up later? Sure, give them the spotlight then if they have to, since Daemon Primarchs are on a whole other level, but at least give the Guard a chance to shine after Cadia was robbed from them thematically and literally.

If GW covers Armageddon though, I just don't see how they can do it without introducing new Steel Legion models. So many spreads of these campaign books involve vast quantities of models slugging it out. Using stock Cadians works fine for Cadia (again, Fall of CADIA saw them put to the background, I mean what?) and pretty generic, un-defined worlds but not so much Armageddon.

Edited by Lord Marshal

I'm going to be very upset if we end up with another Fall of Cadia situation, wherein the Imperial Guard are relegated to side characters in what should really be one of their big, defining moments. But after Creed took a backseat to two new, non-Guard characters and Celestine in what should've been his time to shine, I won't be surprised.

I know most people here are Marine players, but if Yarrick's rivalry with Ghaz is just mentioned off-hand, and is instead given over to Primaris'ed Marine characters, I will be very, very unhappy. If Angorn and the World Eaters show up later? Sure, give them the spotlight then if they have to, since Daemon Primarchs are on a whole other level, but at least give the Guard a chance to shine after Cadia was robbed from them thematically and literally.

If GW covers Armageddon though, I just don't see how they can do it without introducing new Steel Legion models. So many spreads of these campaign books involve vast quantities of models slugging it out. Using stock Cadians works fine for Cadia (again, Fall of CADIA saw them put to the background, I mean what?) and pretty generic, un-defined worlds but not so much Armageddon.

There was a rumor is 17 about new steel legion coming with an Armageddon campaign.  I know this sounds like well ya anyone can make that up but i think it was from one of the more reputable sources.  

But wait, theres more!!!

Another rumour, from the guy that said that BT would have rules in a vigilus campaign supplement.

I read somewhere that this box would bring only 2 new characters (no new units) and one has already been mentioned here. And it should rather be said that one of the two people would be a primaris version of a VERY OLD model, and that it is rather in gray armor slightly bluish to the yellow shoulder pad than black and white.

Ah yes the box really would not be for now.

But wait, theres more!!!

Another rumour, from the guy that said that BT would have rules in a vigilus campaign supplement.

I read somewhere that this box would bring only 2 new characters (no new units) and one has already been mentioned here. And it should rather be said that one of the two people would be a primaris version of a VERY OLD model, and that it is rather in gray armor slightly bluish to the yellow shoulder pad than black and white.

Ah yes the box really would not be for now.

Wait.....what haha