Completely rampant speculation for Armageddon round 4

Doctor Perils

But wait, theres more!!!

Another rumour, from the guy that said that BT would have rules in a vigilus campaign supplement.

I read somewhere that this box would bring only 2 new characters (no new units) and one has already been mentioned here. And it should rather be said that one of the two people would be a primaris version of a VERY OLD model, and that it is rather in gray armor slightly bluish to the yellow shoulder pad than black and white.

Ah yes the box really would not be for now.

ragnar?

Watch lorgar show up and get his best bud angron out and about on Armageddon only for beast ghaz to chase everyone off the planet and then a million of his ships crash on stmegeddon and move it back to ullanor system.

Imperium was like uhh, we saw those two on the planet and the Orks, so we stopped shooting the Orks and opened the path and told them big fight on the planet for ya.

Its going to be like Vigilus where the Eldar steer the orks into the chaos forces. :teehee:

Yes ragnar. But he ends with, ah yes the box really would not be for now. So I think its another one. Who knows lol

its so vague it bothers me. *shakes fist at sky*
Imagine me! *shakes fist down to earth*
Brother, if we both shake our fist at the universe maybe the emperor's champion or Russ will fall out of it!

* Shakes fist at maleficarum*

There was an ancient rumor saying wolves vs blacklegion/fallen or something right?

Edited by Triszin

Yes ragnar. But he ends with, ah yes the box really would not be for now. So I think its another one. Who knows lol

its so vague it bothers me. *shakes fist at sky*
Imagine me! *shakes fist down to earth*
Brother, if we both shake our fist at the universe maybe the emperor's champion or Russ will fall out of it!

* Shakes fist at maleficarum*

There was an ancient rumor saying wolves vs blacklegion/fallen or something right?

It was wolves black legion......Don't think that ones happening

Now round 2 of my speculation.

BT are waiting for rules.

One rumour says they are getting them in a vigilus like supplement.

Other says they are in a box set.

So like Vigilus there were 2 box sets that build up to the campaign.

Tooth and claw, and wake the dead.

I imagine that BT will be part of the 1st box set, giving them rules and maybe a primaris char.

Then Ragnar dropping with the second box set and maybe some rules for them, because our troop choices are different than the rgular tactical.

Then drops the actual campaign vigilus style.

There's also a fun tidbit in reagards to armageddon. In Nove 18 White dawrf the "Ask Ghaz" Column, a reader wrote in asking what he was doing and "Ghaz" aka someone at GW replied with preparing for waaaaghhh next summer on Armageddon....who knows

Edited by betrayer41

Now round 2 of my speculation.

BT are waiting for rules.

One rumour says they are getting them in a vigilus like supplement.

Other says they are in a box set.

So like Vigilus there were 2 box sets that build up to the campaign.

Tooth and claw, and wake the dead.

I imagine that BT will be part of the 1st box set, giving them rules and maybe a primaris char.

Then Ragnar dropping with the second box set and maybe some rules for them, because our troop choices are different than the rgular tactical.

Then drops the actual campaign vigilus style.

what my gut says sete.

Primaris Helbretch

Then the "emperors champion" can be made via the upgrade sprue ( if there is one)

I'm going to be very upset if we end up with another Fall of Cadia situation, wherein the Imperial Guard are relegated to side characters in what should really be one of their big, defining moments. But after Creed took a backseat to two new, non-Guard characters and Celestine in what should've been his time to shine, I won't be surprised.

But Armageddon was created as a Space Wolf/Grey Knights and Blood Angels warzone with the Steel Legion only being fleshed out for round 3 where Salamanders and Black Templars were just as much of a focus.

I'm going to be very upset if we end up with another Fall of Cadia situation, wherein the Imperial Guard are relegated to side characters in what should really be one of their big, defining moments. But after Creed took a backseat to two new, non-Guard characters and Celestine in what should've been his time to shine, I won't be surprised.

But Armageddon was created as a Space Wolf/Grey Knights and Blood Angels warzone with the Steel Legion only being fleshed out for round 3 where Salamanders and Black Templars were just as much of a focus.

Yarrick is literally Ghaz's biggest rival. The Second and Third War was overwhelmingly fought by the Steel Legion, with the Marines showing up later. Even in the mini-'dex we heard about more than, with said Yarrick vs Ghaz being on the cover. 

Like I said in my post, when Angorn shows up to relive the First War then give Marines the spotlight. I know the Black Templar fandom are the new Space Wolves, but Guard being robbed of focus again in another one of the major showings would be beyond stupid.

Ill take that as a compliment, SW are pretty cool. :wink:

I do think at the moment BT players are quite happy. A decent CT, extra rules incoming. We wait now for some Primaris CT and sprue. Don't see any outrageous demands around, we just want what everyone wants at the moment.

As for the rumours, as much I want to believe in a box set, its probably just a primaris lieutenant, with run of the mill intercessors and sprues. Usable for everyone, considering it even exists.

I also want to see new Guard, and if its Armaggedon, steel legion would be brilliant, and Helbrecth and Yarrick co-op must happen.

Again, if BT box set happens, its tooth and claw/wake the dead style, wont take a slot for a huge release.

Edited by Sete

We'll I'll only say honestly that I'm truly happy with our situation when the decade long period of not getting a kit is finally broken (though if you wanna count generic marine kits, we've never had a break since 6th). But it seems upgrade sprues and a single primaris character is on the menu for all first foundings in C:SM, and extending that to everyone with official chapter tactics in the same book, seems plausible. I'd probably be pretty (read VERY) disappointed if we're snubbed there. I can appreciate that the guard are probably the most neglected imperial faction out there though. There needs to be an updated plastic cadian replacement already.

But I'll primarily be crossing my fingers for the angry Chaplain who was there from the very start of the third war...

Edited by Reinhard