Primaris Inceptors: Bolters vs Plasma

Rommel44

It does but that's a situational buff unless you want to stick with the Tactical Doctrine for the whole game.

Should still be considered in the case of a deep striking unit that can only deploy to the battlefield by Turn 2 or 3 if deployed to do its job most efficiently, to be fair. 

It does but that's a situational buff unless you want to stick with the Tactical Doctrine for the whole game.

Should still be considered in the case of a deep striking unit that can only deploy to the battlefield by Turn 2 or 3 if deployed to do its job most efficiently, to be fair.

Sure, just not as generall assessement. Inceptors are also available to Marine armies without Combat Doctrines after all. ^^

Exactly my thoughts Lenondish. It’s a matter of context. I can’t imagine not using combat doctrines now. So much so it should be considered the norm moving forward. I’m even thinking of selling my knights to resist the temptation. (Is still buy a new truescale Guard though. Love the Guard can’t accept the proportions. :))

If my Aggressors can survive T1 and that’s a good possibility with even just decent terrain and the Raven Guard CT then the opponent has to make a hard choice after T2. They will have Aggressors and Hellblasters in front of them with Plasmaceptors and Reivers behind them or in their flank.

There has to be team work in each battlegroup that forced hard decisions. It’s why I need HQ that provides rerolls for my plasma generators during T2 but also able to throw in some hurt in melee T3 with the Reivers and Aggressors :)

That’s me though a different army with different units and CT might need the extra dakka. Couple Exterminators in a DA Hellblasters heavy list will want to use the Bolter version to kite around similar to their Ravenwing tactics.

Edited by Dracos