Index Units get Angels of Death!

Raktra

Check out the Warhammer Community page with the FAQ... just updated!

Looks like Land Raider Excelsior, Rhino Primaris, Chaplain/Librarian/Techmarine/Apothecary/Ancient on a Bike, and Biker Veteran Squads all can now be included in your army without removing Combat Doctrines.... White Scars players in particular are going to be very happy about this!

We dont know yet. I imagine everything from the indexes will be in warhammer:legends whenever it comes out. Ya never know, TOs might say warhammer legends will be fine. GW is squashing them for their events because they dont want to see out of print non existing models winning events.

Am I right in thinking that the Index is separate to this new Legends? So these will still be okay in events but not the Legends?

Am I right in thinking that the Index is separate to this new Legends? So these will still be okay in events but not the Legends?

If I had to guess, the Legends entries would overwrite any Index entries upon release. Either way I'm happy to use my command tanks again!

Legends is a online replacement for the Indexes.

Legends supposedly won't be recommended for 'competitive events but that will be on the event organizers. ETC events already ban index units, ITC seems to be planning on banning Legends.

Why tournament organisers will be okay with Forge World but find Legends 'not part of the codex balancing' is beyond me. There are main Index units like Legion of the Damned, Inquistors and Sisters of Silence that are still on sale and FW index stuff that isn't.

Delete

I would be confused by that also but don’t have list to exam. I know I’d be upset if I couldn’t use my Contemptor or Xiphons at a tournament.

Edited by Dracos

FAQs are up. Chaplain Dreads get litanies!

i wonder how long it will take for them to update and say oops

because right now Space Wolves and other astartes without actual chaplains have full access to litanies via the this unit

Yeah just like it was NOVA rights to nerf the GSC redeployment rule ignored Tactical Reserves. I feel for those guys since it only came out right before the tournament. I’d be equally as sympathetic WHEN NOT IF a Firstborn players finds out that he can’t use his Drop Pods to ignore the Tactical Reserves rule in the next tournament. Sorry buddies but no T1 alpha shooting strike for you. No holding reserves until T5 or T6 for a last minute objective grab.

Sure it’s within their right. Doesn’t make it Right.

FAQs are up. Chaplain Dreads get litanies!

i wonder how long it will take for them to update and say oops

because right now Space Wolves and other astartes without actual chaplains have full access to litanies via the this unit

They won't, it's not like they may have accidentally put Chaplain Dread on the list. It's a completely separate entry. I would imagine that BA/DA/ SW will all get litanies as they update their books as well, or maybe even via FAQ. 

Primaris Chaplain with The Benediction of Fury, Mantra of Strength Litany, then either buffed by the Imperium's Sword WL Trait or Might of Hero's.

The result is 7 attacks at WS2+, at S8, AP-2, D4, Mortal Wounds on 6s.

Delivery System is an Impulsor.. Turn 1 it moves 14", Chappy disembarks and moves, by turn 2 he's ready for action.

This is before you factor in any chapter tactics or strategems

Well context is everything. Last minute changes that extraordinarily affect a factions play style, after tickets are bought and hotels booked? Yea that's not right at all.

The same change with their packet so everyone knows before they make a decision? Thats not a "wrong" call, just an arbitrary one.

Also the faq imposed the turn cap of 3 for being held in reserve.

Or a chaplain dread with imperiums sword with benediction of fury gives 7 attacks at ws2+ at str 18 ap-3 d4

Pretttty solid

It's fantastic, imo. And they are useful as they can be equipped with ranged weapons.

I'm loving the idea of my IH one. Merciless Logic, Exhortation of Rage, assault cannon and storm bolter in the fist. 10 shots that proc extra shots on 6s, then 4-5 melee attacks that proc TWO extra swings on 6s. I don't care if there's better options, this is my jam.