Index Units get Angels of Death!

Raktra

Yeah I found out after work today. I love seeing GW is making adjustments like this in a speedy fashion after becoming aware of how some of the rules are being used in competitive scene. The casual gamer can choose to ignore these for narrative purposes but this kind of things creates a level of comfort in pick up games and reduces gotcha moments that cause the feel bads. Some might complain these things should be sussed out prior to a release, but its just my opinion but two months of world wide play is always going to find things a dozen beta testers missed.

Or a chaplain dread with imperiums sword with benediction of fury gives 7 attacks at ws2+ at str 18 ap-3 d4

Pretttty solid

Hate to rain on this parade, but as far as I can see the Chaplain Dread does not have a crozius to replace for Benediction of Fury.

It absolutely doesn't!

That said, I think the inclusion of BoF was an error, as Manta + IS is still 18/-3/4

FAQs are up. Chaplain Dreads get litanies!

i wonder how long it will take for them to update and say oops

because right now Space Wolves and other astartes without actual chaplains have full access to litanies via the this unit

They won't, it's not like they may have accidentally put Chaplain Dread on the list. It's a completely separate entry. I would imagine that BA/DA/ SW will all get litanies as they update their books as well, or maybe even via FAQ.

the FAQ now excludes non codex chapters from litany powers

good old GW back pedaling in less than 24 hours

Edited by TiguriusX

Agreed, I'm sure wolves will get their own set of inspiring sagas or some such, all with "wolf" shoe horned into the name. Same with Blood angels and something blood related I'm sure. Dark Angels can just use whatever rules Chaos Marines eventually get (who let that troll in here!?) ;)

Really hope the non codex chapters get rules anywhere near this good and fluffy, it looks like a fantastic codex.

i know it was a mistake...the correction doesn't bother me. i am glad they acknowledged the rules loop hole mistake.

The continued pattern of being oblivious to their own product and rules bothers me.

I expect any space wolf codex to be a second thought production at this point

I just noticed that the Chaplain on Bike has been updated again! In the original release on Monday, he only had the Litany of Hate. But the document has been revised and he now gets another litany too! The revision seems to have been aimed at fixing Blood Angels and Dark Angels, but that was added at the same time.