Which character do you think deserves a model?

TorvaldTheMild

And about Lucius and Noise Marines, you've gotta see the bigger picture for those. :wink: And I think Bile would not come alongside them, considering his relationship with Chaos in general and his former Legion in particular, but regardless, bigger picture.

I would actually like Bile to have extra rules if he is taken in an Emperor's Children army, in order to reflect that fact that he still is the Lieutenant Commander of the Emperor's Children, and as of the Josh Reynolds books, has led them on occasion after the Horus Heresy.

Kais (who, by the way, being the potential nod to Fire Warrior that he is, should not be wearing any sort of Battlesuit, he should basically be a named Fireblade), Erebus, Kor Phaeron, Vect, Malys, any named Magos that isn't Cawl, more Primarchs (Loyalist and Traitor) need made.

Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka needs an update, plus make him a Primork while you're at it. Lucius needs an update (also drop new Noise Marines and Fabulous Bill while you're at it), the Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels characters need updates, we need a new Huron... the list is endless.

Kais (who, by the way, being the potential nod to Fire Warrior that he is, should not be wearing any sort of Battlesuit, he should basically be a named Fireblade)

Obviously GW isn't beholden to imitating content from the Black Library on the tabletop, but the last time we saw Kais in War of Secrets he was piloting a Ghostkeel and presented as eminently capable of single-handedly purging the Angels of Absolution's Fortress Monastery.

It's not a portrayal I was especially fond of, but it certainly leaned heavily on the idea of him as the Monat master - the army of one - rather than any kind of nod to Fire Warrior.

Firewarrior 'Kais is unlikely to be the same guy as Puretide's pupil Shas'O Kais. One's a regular squad member who ended up in a asylum after too many encounters with daemons while the other is a prodigy groomed for command.

Kais is a rather common name for T'au since it just means "skillfull".

Also according to the german Lexicanum the Kais from Fireblade got a limited miniature once. I can neither confirm nor deny that personally though.

Pr04TauFireWarriorR.jpg

Kais (who, by the way, being the potential nod to Fire Warrior that he is, should not be wearing any sort of Battlesuit, he should basically be a named Fireblade), Erebus, Kor Phaeron, Vect, Malys, any named Magos that isn't Cawl, more Primarchs (Loyalist and Traitor) need made.

Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka needs an update, plus make him a Primork while you're at it. Lucius needs an update (also drop new Noise Marines and Fabulous Bill while you're at it), the Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels characters need updates, we need a new Huron... the list is endless.

In most recent lore, he was in a ghostkeel assaulting a fortress monastery of space Marines.

I still think a giant "stealth" suit is as stupid as...well giant genetically enhanced power armored Sneak Thief Space Marines.

Like sneaking around in Fallout 4 with power armor stupid.

Like, I know GW was running out of ideas with the Founding Legions/Chapters, but it's silly (I did like that bit in Soulhunter where he says "Greetings!" And cuts the one dudes head off and throws it at another. Funny stuff, you could really get up to some Arnold Swarzenegger Hijinks if you were a space marine)

Bring back the last chancers please and thank you.

As for new characters needing models: why not give us some named characters for the other in universe games? Ciaphas Cain or Kais (last chancers) for kill team or necromunda? Give us famous titans for Adeptus Titanicus, Dies Irae(sp/name)? Special units only for use in apocalypse (last chancers) (like back in the day with Sternhammer and the likes).

If it's an important character in the fluff i don't see why gw can't find some way to make a mini or unit and profit from that in at least one of their many games.

Edit: Also I'd like to see Maddox (from the Ragnar novels) get a model.

And Tankred. "TANKRED ENDURES!"

Edited by Wulf Vengis

I still think a giant "stealth" suit is as stupid as...well giant genetically enhanced power armored Sneak Thief Space Marines.

Like sneaking around in Fallout 4 with power armor stupid.

Like, I know GW was running out of ideas with the Founding Legions/Chapters, but it's silly (I did like that bit in Soulhunter where he says "Greetings!" And cuts the one dudes head off and throws it at another. Funny stuff, you could really get up to some Arnold Swarzenegger Hijinks if you were a space marine)

Eh it makes somewhat sense the way it's explained for the Ghostkeel since the tech erases all kind of signatures. Unlike the Warsuit that is just a bit quieter than a Redemptor Dreadnought. :facepalm:

Also according to the german Lexicanum the Kais from Fireblade got a limited miniature once. I can neither confirm nor deny that personally though.

Pr04TauFireWarriorR.jpg

I fished the corresponding (French) White Dwarf out of my bookshelf. October 2003, number 114 with the Winged Lancers/Gryphon Legion of Kislev charging Chaos Marauders* on the cover in France; apparently number 286 with some librarian in pale-blue power armor on the cover in the United Kingdom.

"Limited Edition Tau Pathfinder."

He's basically a fire warrior without shoulder pads visually, so it's logical he's mistaken for the protagonist of the game that came out the previous month.

There is a Kais model, though. Twelve centimeters tall, painted by hand and numbered 1 to 5000. Created by Warp Artefacts, an old division of Games Workshop's BL Merchandizing according to Wikipedia**.

The source is the (again, French) White Dwarf just before the one I mentioned at the beginning. September 2003, number 113, the same cover as the actual game and the novel in France; apparently number 285 with the scene where a Nazgûl and his hell hawk tower over Frodo in Osgiliath, except with models rather than a screencap, in the United Kingdom.

And there were also rules for Shas'la Vior'la Kais. Fire warrior with two wounds and a personally-modified rail rifle (they incidentally were created by/for the video game), alongside some special rules crafted just for him. Model-wise he's exactly that, a fire warrior converted to wield a rail rifle.

Source: December 2003 White Dwarf, number 116 with a (probably edited) screencap of King Elessar leading the forces of Gondor and Rohan on the cover in France; apparently number 288 with the previously mentioned cover of the video game in the United Kingdom.

* a picture called Riders of the Dead by Adrian Smith, to be more specific.

** formally introduced in the December 2003 White Dwarf, alongside a notice about Windless Steel Crafts forging nothing less than a genuine copy of Archaon's sword, the Slayer of Kings. Just for information.

-

About this thread's actual question; I'd like to see the XV22 stealth battlesuit from the Dawn of War franchise made into a model. Not a named character, true, but that remains a commander of the Tau Empire. And either Shas'O Kais or Shas'O Or'es'Ka as far as Dark Crusade and Soulstorm are concerned.

About this thread's actual question; I'd like to see the XV22 stealth battlesuit from the Dawn of War franchise made into a model. Not a named character, true, but that remains a commander of the Tau Empire. And either Shas'O Kais or Shas'O Or'es'Ka as far as Dark Crusade and Soulstorm are concerned.

Well technically Shadowsun is already wearing a XV22 Stealth Battlesuit. ;)

But yeah having it available for regular commanders as the fluff says it is would be great. A bit offtopic though. ^^

This was brought up in the Psychic Awakening thread but:

Asdrubael Vect

AND I DON'T EVEN PLAY DARK ELDAR.

I just think that would be a badass model. Especially if he's able to have his Dais of Destruction.

Chapter Master Dubaku of the Celestial Lions

Uhhhh.... Have you read Spear of the Emperor?

He's dead. Because the Inquisition is more willing to let an entire area of space fall to Chaos than let their egos be hurt by having the Celestial Lions daring to cross them go unpunished
Edited by Gederas

Ghost Ferrus, the headless hammer on the crest of a wave of angels and the damned.

(Possible next Primarch after snake Fulgrim as could be used by any Imperial force and represents part of mankind's psychic awakening)

Edited by Aramis K

Vaylund Cal and all the other Badab War special characters! We only got Culln, Huron, Sevrin Loth and the Minotaurs characters :(

Second that, and I'd particularly like some love for the Executioners.

For the Heresy: Shiban Khan, Aximand, Bjorn, Mor, Argel Tal, Volk in First Obliterator form and Crysos Morturg.

Edited by bluntblade