Salamander Supplement Leak

SirVulkan

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/4150

Its not the full rules but it gives you a good idea of what to expect.  Hopefully its not a fake but we will see soon enough.  The guy who leaked them is fairly trustworthy.

I really like the new character, he is most likely primaris due to his wounds.  He can dish out some serious damage and take a beating in return.  The warlord traits look decent.  Relics look ok.  Nothing overpowered.

I thought that we had more than just a +1 to wound for flamers and meltas via another rumor leak which stated we would be getting a +1 to hit within 12 inches.

Guess we will see.  I need to see all of the stratagems to get a better feel for our supplement.

It feels like Salamanders got the Codex Armageddon treatment where they spent more points for access to wargear that wasn’t worth buying. I really feel these are pretty anemic compared to the other Supplements. I won’t decry them yet till I have the Supplement in my hands and can actually list build.

I'm reeeeally hoping the other rumor that it's +1 to hit within 12" in addition to the flamer/melta wound buff is true.

Ya same.  There is a rumored unit called Helfury which could be a primaris kit with flamers/melta loadouts.  

That would round us off quite well as we could make use of Impulsors and primaris.  We also need a strategem which extends our flamer range by 2 or 3 inches to be competitive.  Putting sternguard in rhino's or landraiders just doesnt cut it

Oh dear please tell me that is just a joke  :wink:

Krash

Ohh for sure. :biggrin.: But I can easily see someone mixing the new Salamander sprues with some of the Lizardmen from fantasy for a chaos tainted company of Salimanders. Hell.. I think I've just had a GREAT idea! I've been planning on building a chaos force built around the new Havoc rules anyway. Thank you for helping me thinking of this Krash! I hope the heads are the right size.

Edit: They will now be called Space Lizards. :biggrin.:

Found someone else had a similar idea. :biggrin.:

6WfsYaY.jpg

https://imgur.com/6WfsYaY

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/547713.page?userfilterid=77644

Maybe a project for the far off future. :D These look amazing though for sure!

Edited by Aothaine

• 2 weeks later...
Have you guys play tested some of these rumors btw? That +1 to hit within 12” (if true) for the tactical doctrine is bonkers! Also the buff to flame weapons makes the hand flamer pretty gnarly for Intercessor Sergeants. It creates an interesting dynamic where I found myself bobbing and weaving in and out of CC to rapid fire into enemy units. I’m still fairly new so I doubt I was getting as much mileage out of it as a veteran player would, but it was a lot of fun.

Have you guys play tested some of these rumors btw? That +1 to hit within 12” (if true) for the tactical doctrine is bonkers! Also the buff to flame weapons makes the hand flamer pretty gnarly for Intercessor Sergeants. It creates an interesting dynamic where I found myself bobbing and weaving in and out of CC to rapid fire into enemy units. I’m still fairly new so I doubt I was getting as much mileage out of it as a veteran player would, but it was a lot of fun.

I haven't tested, but that's a damn interesting outcome - that "intense close range but not actually punching" - almost exactly how I'd hope Salamanders would play.

Where flamer and melta as special weapons *makes sense*, but not just idly enforcing that they'd be the only possible way to make use of the Chapter's doctrine.

Promising!