Chapter Approved 2019 - Speculation

Grimdark_Garage

Just going to resurrect this thread as its relavent yet not worth a new thread in my mind...

Something thats just occurred to me and I feel will be in the CA19 is

Crusaders & Acts of Faith errata for the Ad Mil Codex...

& that'll be why GW are pushing the Sisters codex out in Nov so they can put the Crusaders errata sheet & new AoF in CA

Edited by Slasher956

Storm wolf given access to transport primaris....

Odds of it happening, 3%

T wolves given a new rule/15pt drop

Frost weapon point adjustments

Edited by Triszin

I wonder if we'll see rules for Zone Mortalis-esque games (40k, not KT) since the individual kits are rumoured to be coming out end of year. Edited by NTaW

Anybody else not finding CA 2019 in the now known to be accurate leaks?

In the list of release dates and prices?

Its listed as on sale December 7th in them

We're due leaks in general on it, maybe they changed French translator, or maybe theres just been a lot going on

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Isn't this weekend's event, Blood & Glory, where we saw CA contents shown last year?

You're good. Yes it was. There's a banner for Blood and Glory reveals this weekend on Warhammer Community now. Safe bet we'll get the announcement on Saturday.

I take it index versions of primarisified characters will be killed off in the legends bit of CA?

Not confirmed as far as I know but it seems likely. I can't imagine them continuing to support and rebalance rules for Firstborn characters that have crossed the Rubicon. To be fair, most characters who have done so are straight-up better for the points than their original incarnations. The only issues I can see with the Primaris versions are the fact that you need to buy Primaris transports to deploy them if you want them mobile.

I take it index versions of primarisified characters will be killed off in the legends bit of CA?

Not killed off but removed from tournament/standard and rolled into legacy

To recap its Legends will get points for matched play but not recommended for tournaments?

And if its not in legends its not legal ie legends kills off index entries?

Not killed off but removed from tournament/standard and rolled into legacy
To recap its Legends will get points for matched play but not recommended for tournaments?

And if its not in legends its not legal ie legends kills off index entries?

My interpretation is, legacy is not recommended for tournament play as it won't be taken in consideration for balancing newer product.

You use legacy for non tournament fun games.

And yes, that's my interpretation as well, legacy replaces index.

Edited by Triszin

• 2 weeks later...

Arent we overdue some leaks? And or is it just being massively overshadowed by PA3 which could be a bad sign?

PA3 is new content. CA19 is likely to be points changes for BAs/DAs/SWs to match the new SM Codex. Chuck in a few other odds and ends and it is likely to be job done as far as GW is concerned. I would be surprised if there is significant new content. Maybe some of the recent WD stuff like Assassins tweaked to take account of Doctrines and Ynnari, tweaked to take account of the new points values in PA1.

Found it :

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (excluding models from the Deathwatch, Space Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels, as well as their successor Chapters)Add to this datasheet the Priest keyword, and add to this datasheet the row: PRIEST: This model knows the Litany of Hate (see below) and one litany from the Litanies of Battle (see Codex: Space Marines). At the start of the battle round, this model can recite one litany it knows that has not already been recited by a friendly model that battle round. Roll one D6; on a 3+ the recited litany is inspiring and takes effect until the end of that battle round.Litany of Hate: If this litany is inspiring, you can re-roll hit rolls for attacks made with melee weapons by models in friendly <Chapter> units whilst their unit is within 6" of this model.

So it's a no for Dark Angels... sigh......

I remember hearing that CA19 may contain the "Legends" section which will be the final restring place of the old pre-8th edition (Index) models that no longer exist in the latest codices.

I would rather legends be broken up into seperate books properly than shoehorned into each CA per year. Its a waste of space in CA IMO

I remember hearing that CA19 may contain the "Legends" section which will be the final restring place of the old pre-8th edition (Index) models that no longer exist in the latest codices.

I would rather legends be broken up into seperate books properly than shoehorned into each CA per year. Its a waste of space in CA IMO

It's only a waste of space if the space is limited, which it is not as far as we know.

It's only a waste of space if the space is limited, which it is not as far as we know.

The premise of Legends seems more suited to separate books eg- Imperium, Xenos etc than a spot in CA. Legends is going to be one and done, CA space would be better served with extras like more unit card revisions, campaign systems etc. 

Chaos needs a lot of help. PA isn't going to touch the issues the base codices have (I'm looking at Death Guard and Thousand Sons as well). Point decreases are a band-aid that won't improve their lot in life vs. Loyalists in the long run. Troops need a wound increase at the very least and Legion Traits need to apply to all units within the codices. On some things like the Blight Haulers, a points decrease may help but more weapons options would be better, although we know that's a long shot since they have a set armament in the model kit (thanks for nothing Chapterhouse). I'd like to see House tactics for Chaos Knights, a major points decrease for the FW Knights (especially the Acastus), and perhaps God-specific Marks.